January Community Update

@8up-local Initially I didn't know where on the PC Steam games got installed, but my desire for tweaking MR and ST files eventually led me to the location.

@Unster right and understandable, but still made sense imo. steam keeps the files in their steam folders, but so far i have yet to find any game files with epic on my pc so far.

Found in the comment section of the January Dev Diary, the official video from Focus Home.
Screenshot 2020-02-06 at 12.12.58.png
Looking forward.

Look...if anyone is looking for the perfect, bug free game, let me tell ya, it doesn't exist! Nice thing about todays technology, is developers can provide patches and updates to cure unseen problems that may not have come up during development. Now I'm not saying that I want a game rushed out that's trash and unfixable, but i also don't want a game to constantly be delayed because people want perfection. Y'all remember Ikari Warriors on Nintendo? Awesome game but riddled with bugs and you couldn'tdo anything about it once purchased. Thank God cartridges are a thing of the past. We should all feel lucky to be gamers that can remember what it used to be like!

@simhunt77 Absolutely, I don't think anyone is demanding perfection here. I just don't want the devs to rely on patches too much, you know where the initial release is absolutely garbage that barely runs.

@Unster yeah. We don't need trash on arrival, but would suck to have it delayed till say Christmas. From what we've seen here recently, it looks to be getting close.

@simhunt77 as far as i know early 2020 is already delayed release date, with all this promotional push its certain game is coming soon

@simhunt77 said in January Community Update:

@Unster yeah. We don't need trash on arrival, but would suck to have it delayed till say Christmas. From what we've seen here recently, it looks to be getting close.

I've theorized on this before, but I don't think Focus will delay until Christmas season. This about it, XBOX Series X and especially PS5, the MudRunner series has grown yes but do you really want to put your game against Sony and Microsoft, and head to head with the new console generation?

Yea no, Focus definitely wants to get out ahead of the arrival of those things or their console version sales are going to tank.

MudRunner branding it bigger then it was, but it don't hold a candle next to PlayStation.

@8up-local said in January Community Update:

@Unster right and understandable, but still made sense imo. steam keeps the files in their steam folders, but so far i have yet to find any game files with epic on my pc so far.

I don't remember now how it happened, but the one game I have installed from Epic Games store is located at the root of my game drive, just where I want it. So I must have been able to choose that location. That's all I can say.