January Community Update

I'm excited but still patient. Also kudos to the designers for coming up with a decent name this time for an unlicensed truck. Derry Longhorn is very fitting! I can't say the same about Dan, Don and Voron. Horrible names.

last edited by Unster

@Unster
I'd rather prefer the old A-69, B-123 etc naming system, but renaming in game files shouldn't be a problem? Also, since there is a lot of time until release, official name changes for the better are still possible, although not likely.

@knight25 I think it would be a problem. I don't know of a way to change the names of official trucks. With mods it's pretty straightforward. Anyway, I wasn't even thinking of trying to change the names, and I can live with them, I just don't like them.

@Unster said in January Community Update:

@simhunt77 Imagine that Derry Longhorn approaching you menacingly on a deserted highway at dusk. Frightful sight! 😨

Duel II - The Reckoning? Oh yeah, sign me UP!

One thing I love about all this, is that RIGHT when we start getting doubtful or we start rumors they put out some great news. Pretty funny

@Jayson They don't know it yet, but that's how we manipulate them. 😉

@8x8 said in January Community Update:

I haven't seen that movie, but there was another movie I was thinking of, don't remember the name, but it was some hillbilly driving an old rusty semi down a country road. I think it was a horror. Anyone know the name?

I haven't seen that movie, but there was another movie I was thinking of, don't remember the name, but it was some hillbilly driving an old rusty semi down a country road. I think it was a horror. Anyone know the name?

Ahh Joyride. Haven't seen it, but I've seen the clip with the trucks chasing the main characters' car at night, and then one of them threatening to crush it. With Duel II, I was just referring to what you said being in my opinion similar to what a 2nd part of Duel would maybe look like. 🙂

last edited by 8x8

@8x8 Hmm, that one looks like a different movie. No worries though if you can't think of any others.

Ahh Joyride. Haven't seen it, but I've seen the clip with the trucks chasing the main characters' car at night, and then one of them threatening to crush it. With Duel II, I was just referring to what you said being in my opinion similar to what a 2nd part of Duel would maybe look like. 🙂

Joyride is the best one. Joyride 2 the characters gets a bit more annoying, although we do get a look into how our bad guy lives and gets to see Rusty Nails house, which is pretty cool. Some of the main cast deaths is cool to.

@justinlynch3 said in January Community Update:

Joyride is the best one. Joyride 2 the characters gets a bit more annoying, although we do get a look into how our bad guy lives and gets to see Rusty Nails house, which is pretty cool. Some of the main cast deaths is cool to.

Ah I see. Well thanks for telling me!
I've seen neither though, so I couldn't say.
Might watch them then aha 🙂

@justinlynch3 said in January Community Update:

Ah I see. Well thanks for telling me!
I've seen neither though, so I couldn't say.
Might watch them then aha 🙂

I think there is a Joyride 3 as well but I only seen it once on rental, I can't recall much about it.

But Joyride 1 & 2 I own and have seen them multiple times. Joyride 1 actually has Fast & Furious star Paul Walker (RIP) in it. Overall if you like Dual I think you'll like this. Different setting, but similar concept of people trying to survive against rouge trucker.

Plus if you look carefully, the movies show you how the bad guy keeps surviving for the next movie. I don't wanna spoil to much, but when you watch 1 remember the face of the ice truck driver. 😉

@knight25 said in January Community Update:

@Jellyfoosh
Seriously, no offense to someone who makes these pictures, but you really should change the way you present new vehicles, because those poor pictures where nothing can be seen are already daunting😑
Also, is there any chance that among the machines not yet shown there are some unique and special ones?

Yep, I’m also tired of these lame presentations with the same ugly background

What’s really new in this update? Yes, seasonal pass is confirmed -wow- 🙄

last edited by Eversman

_require video from YouTube appeared earlier than the off statement from the developers? well, OK..
Each new truck is like an intra-team contest: We select the worst useless truck among all and vote unanimously for it. More hardcore. Let's like on the B-130, only on trucks from the USA, so that there is no chance of passing, oh yes, it's great idea! )
I really hope to forget all these doubts when I launch this game at release.
alt text

@Severo could always just stick with spintires if American trucks bother you that much.

@kingnightshadow I'm just want use difflock with all wheel drive,type of truck not matter.

Красавчики! Поработайте ещё над физикой грузовиков - что они не прыгали как мячики на комках, утяжелите их (грузовики) что ли. А таак всё круто. Хотя например если карты будуут в 4 раза больше то можно было добавить в мультиплеер по крайней мере ещё 2 человека 🙂

@bogelma
Handsome men! Work on the physics of trucks - that they did not jump like balls on lumps, make them heavier (trucks) or something. And soooo cool. Although for example, if the cards are 4 times larger, then at least 2 more people could be added to the multiplayer

You‘re welcome

@Severo almost all the trucks will be upgradable. So you'll probably be able to put a dif lock and awd on them