January Community Update

Well, being from the Caribbean zone, I haven't really seen snow myself, so I might be wrong. But... being a 3D artist, I see this issue very often. I have ran into it with my own models.

IE: I had to upload a model to Sketchfab and had a limit of 50mb total. So I had to lower the resolution of all my textures until I met the requirement. The result was very similar to what I'm talking about here.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@deathcoreboy1 You may very well be right. What tricked me initially are what you call the snow decals or road stains as I call them, that almost effectively mask the low-res textures underneath. Remember some of the interiors from MR? They were very low res too, at least some of them.

@deathcoreboy1 said in January Community Update:

Well, being from the Caribbean zone, I haven't really seen snow myself, so I might be wrong. But... being a 3D artist, I see this issue very often. I have ran into it with my own models.

IE: I had to upload a model to Sketchfab and had a limit of 50mb total. So I had to lower the resolution of all my textures until I met the requirement. The result was very similar to what I'm talking about here.

I live in Newfoundland, Canada, so I'm no stranger to seeing snowy vehicles.

@justinlynch3 Same here, I live in north-western Nevada, USA. A lot of people think of hot Las Vegas when they think of Nevada, but in the middle and northern parts of the state especially the mountains snow is routine, even though the weather here is dry most of the time.

last edited by Unster

@Unster said in January Community Update:

@justinlynch3 Same here, I live in north-western Nevada, USA. A lot of people think of hot Las Vegas when they think of Nevada, but in the middle and northern parts of the state especially the mountains snow is routine, even though the weather here is dry most of the time.

Lucky you. Dry snow is nice light and fluffy, I could shovel that all day. Come over here and shovel the wet heavy crap we have to deal with. Negatives of living on a island, conditions usually aren't dry. lol

@justinlynch3 Ah, rest assured we get the wet heavy stuff too, at least half the time, so I know exactly what you're talking about. Just the weather is dry & sunny most of the time, even if it's cold.

last edited by Unster

@Unster said in January Community Update:

@justinlynch3 Ah, rest assured we get the wet heavy stuff too, at least half the time, so I know exactly what you're talking about. Just the weather is dry & sunny most of the time, even if it's cold.

Oh OK, I get what your saying.

I live in Winnipeg. We get some snow here, haha. This year has been pretty slim, but the temp just shot up now my car sank into my parking spot. Everything is filthy here.

@grubdumpling What I've read this winter most of North America has been mild, with the exception of Alaska. That could still change. We still have 1-2 months of winter left.

Having said that, it might feel a little strange to be playing Snow Runner just as the weather turns to spring in the northern hemisphere. Some people may be tired of the snow.

_may be developers can add something like this?

alt text
alt text

@Jellyfoosh
As sounds are just as (and even more) important to me as physics and graphics, I would like to know if you are planning any materials about in-game sounds?

@Severo said in January Community Update:

_may be developers can add something like this?

alt text
alt text

I would love that!! 💚 But only if it would be correctly synchronised via multiplayer, when playing MP! 🙂

I hope there's weather like rain, snow, wind, and even thunderstorms with lighting strikes that down random trees

In the December update, the Michigan bog picture in 4k shows rain.

@kingnightshadow there is fog also, but look closely and you can see rain drops, especially in the lower right side of the image. But its only noticeble in the 4k image.

@SR71 oh ok lol I don't have anything that can run 4k lol

@SR71 said in January Community Update:

@kingnightshadow there is fog also, but look closely and you can see rain drops, especially in the lower right side of the image. But its only noticeble in the 4k image.

You're right!!! 😱
Weather for SnowRunner confirmed!!!!!! 🌧

@kingnightshadow you don't need to 😁 I donwloaded the pictures on my laptop and zoomed in. If I have time I'll upload a picture with the area where rain is most noticable.