January Community Update

@8x8 I was wondering why nobody was talking about it, cause I saw it as a big deal. It's just really hard to tell if you don't see the 4k picture, cause it just looks like simple fog.

@SR71
Could you cut this fragment out and put it in a comment?

@SR71 said in January Community Update:

@8x8 I was wondering why nobody was talking about it, cause I saw it as a big deal. It's just really hard to tell if you don't see the 4k picture, cause it just looks like simple fog.

I get that, it is a big deal. 🙂 Just never looked that closely at that bit of the picture! 💧

@knight25 Michigan - Copy.jpg

Michigan - Copy (2).jpg

3123123312.png

does look like rain but very subtle

last edited by zamal
This post is deleted!

I can see the rain falling on my phone, but I do not see it landing anywhere.

Thanks for the short Video and sharing more information! Now i might be prepared to spend 60 euros on your game. 👍🏻

@zamal oh ok I see it now, this makes me happy!

I'm curious about the description of the truck. If the Derry Longhorn has a weak engine, why does the US Military use them?

Is it ease of maintenance I wonder? After all if your on the front lines and have a probably, you can't exactly rely on a tow and repair shop. I'm guessing a soldier has to figure out and jerry rig fix any issues they has. So I wonder if Derry Longhorn is easy to maintain?

@justinlynch3 it says "weak stock engine" might be something that can be upgraded, pretty interesting 😱

Also weak is relative. It doesn't really mean anything.

It's cool that they added rain, though it looks pretty basic at this point. I wonder if it's going to affect the ground or trucks.

@justinlynch3 typically an engine that is gutless you can't kill. 7.3 idi, gutless but you can beat the hell out of it and it won't die. Detroit diesels, gutless for how big they are, put em to the wood all day everyday, won't die. That's why gutless motors are good.

@zamal said in January Community Update:

Michigan - Copy (2).jpg

3123123312.png

RainRunner confirmed!

@Jayson said in January Community Update:

@justinlynch3 typically an engine that is gutless you can't kill. 7.3 idi, gutless but you can beat the hell out of it and it won't die. Detroit diesels, gutless for how big they are, put em to the wood all day everyday, won't die. That's why gutless motors are good.

I see.

@8x8 Not necessarily. There is also clear snow falling in the latest developer diaries video, but it could be just an overlay from the compositing phase.

@deathcoreboy1 said in January Community Update:

@8x8 Not necessarily. There is also clear snow falling in the latest developer diaries video, but it could be just an overlay from the compositing phase.

Don't think Focus would do that.
I've gathered that with Focus, instead of giving everyone false promises about features that'll come in the game months and months before release, they just share whatever is confirmed will come with release. So them doing an overlay to get people hyped up for weather FX in SnowRunner only to disappoint them at release wouldn't really make sense in my opinion.

@8x8 sometimes it does not matter what the developer does. remember when mudrunner mods for console were brought up, but no where did they say mods would be on console for mudrunner? yet still people still expected it to happen and got mad when it didn't. 🤔

@zamal said in January Community Update:

Michigan - Copy (2).jpg

3123123312.png

Let me try this:

@Jellyfoosh can you tell us if these raindrops are from the game engine or is it a post processing effect of the picture. Also, the snowflakes falling in the dev diaries. Is it in-game for real?

maybe just me, but yes those are rain drops falling, not a post processing effect. imo they just not saying anything about really because of not entirely sure if it will be implemented.

as for the snow falling i think that looks like it might be like the dust and leaf particles like what we have in game already. just a little wind blown, not actual snowfall.

we shall see i guess. 🤔

last edited by A Former User

Also, the question is are the weather effects only screen effects or do they affect the environment? The latter would be nicer. It's in the plans for ST as well.

@Unster Hello Mr. Unster I’m back lol

Haven’t been on here in a long time, don’t know if you remember but my old account was 1967deuce, long story short had to make another account. Anyways how’s it been?

So siked for snowrunner looks really good.

And had my own question, hopefully when the game comes out and we can have mods, I can implement a M35A2 into the game. Currently home for lunch but I will be returning to the shop with my deuce for some needed maintenance.

A couple pics of the truck

(/assets/uploads/files/1580749220314-1086ff90-9c10-4d3f-8d34-bf6153bae0d4.jpeg)
6C18BC87-3437-49F2-BC20-F2A3F31C631F.jpeg
4C1117FF-9352-4A43-B45B-D4CC68587204.jpeg

last edited by 1967KAISERJEEP