January Community Update

The only thing i dislike about this update, you talk about having a more powerful engine and all the things it can do, but still cap MP at 4 players, when this new engine could probably handle at least 8 players coop. Why not try something new and allow 8 player coop (or at the very least 6 player coop)

@FearedFox18 probably they will in future, i also was quite surprised this aspect didnt improve with new engine, or maybe game becomes piece of cake with 8 people running around wiht 8x8s finishing missions like its nothing 😄

I don't do multiplayer, so I don't really care, but is there a point to having more than four players? As above, I think it's for balance reasons. A massive convoy in the forest doesn't make much sense to me.

@deathcoreboy1 said in January Community Update:

@Unster To be honest, you guys are, apart form my GF, the people with whom I hang out the most. So, being able to spend my day at the office checking the forums and hanging out with you all is a real joy.

Oh my, thanks for the compliment! 😃

last edited by 8x8

@8x8 said in January Community Update:

@Unster To be honest, you guys are, apart form my GF, the people with whom I hang out the most. So, being able to spend my day at the office checking the forums and hanging out with you all is a real joy.

Agreed.

@justinlynch3 said in January Community Update:

@8x8 said in January Community Update:

Agreed.

indeed its pretty dope. I check the forums at least 7 times a day its a time killer some times

@Jayson 7? lol casual... i check 77 times

@zamal i lied, i check AT LEAST 78970987098776587657635432543 times a day lol

@Jellyfoosh
It's important that you don't rush the game release; do it when you think it's completed.
Do not listen to people who shout that they want the game immediately. The same people will later complain that the game was released unfinished.

@knight25 said in January Community Update:

@Jellyfoosh
It's important that you don't rush the game release; do it when you think it's completed.
Do not listen to people who shout that they want the game immediately. The same people will later complain that the game was released unfinished.

I agree, but I don't believe Jellyfoosh is in charge of the game's release date.
The person who is probably isn't even on these forums.

@8x8
Yes i know
I also know that, what I wrote, Pavel and his team know very well.
I just see opinions here and there to release the game immediately, from people who apparently do not understand how complicated and time consuming the process of creating a game is, and I decided to write what I think about it🤔

@knight25 I actually think people here are generally patient & mature. I don't really see the problem that you're describing. But absolutely the devs should make sure all significant bugs are fixed before release. Most likely the release date isn't controlled by Pavel or Jellyfoosh or anyone we've ever heard of. In this industry release dates are usually driven by the sales team and then finalized by someone at the top.

if u wanna see impatience, go look at facebook and twitter comment sections 😄 ☠

yep as we all know too well. a company can give an official release date, but that can also change at anytime really if the company dictates it necessary. i have seen a few people post here and there about "i asked such and such retailer and they give this date so that must be when it is being released". well maybe..... 🤔

the other thing i am wondering about is that if snowrunner is to be an epic only game (that is my understanding, please correct me if i am wrong) then how are other retailers/digital retailers selling it? if they are selling it also then what is the deal with steam then?

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local i think if u buy PC version of the game from lets say amazon, it will come with EGS key and u still have to go through the launcher, honestly im not 100% on if this is how it will work on this game

@zamal well i know i was kinda iffy imo on how steam worked with it's games, but am not really liking the epic games version much so far. i picked up FS19 other day since epic had it for free on there store. so far i have yet to even find my FS19 game files on my PC.

edited:

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local yeah idk, i have 0 games on that store. SR probably will be first that will introduce me to that devil

@8up-local I don't see anything iffy about Steam. What do you mean? The PC version will be an Epic exclusive. Console versions I assume have their own stores.

@Unster sorry i mean i was iffy. lol typo