Visual Customization Blog

@kingnightshadow said in Visual Customization Blog:

@TheDeestroyer oh you mean like this, the 8x8 Oshkosh m1070?

24355971_1.jpg

To be honest, I actually prefer the Derry Longhorn over that, because of the lights. The headlights on the original Oshkosh look like ZiL-130 lights, and not really that American (which doesn't really fit), the Derry however has much more fitting lights, in my opinion.

I wonder, just what kinda role will the apc serve? Also anyone have any custom challenges in mind? Like I'm excited to hook up the flat bed trailer to a smaller truck and try to haul the largest vehicle in game fully loaded to it's drop off point.

@kingnightshadow
APC can be specialized in moving in water and have high durability.

When it comes to the challenge, I will probably try to pass all the maps with the weakest machines with minimal equipment and without repairing them.

@8x8 That's not the real counterpart to the Derry Longhorn we saw in the vehicle presentation. It is the M911 instead:

alt text

@kingnightshadow said in Visual Customization Blog:

I wonder, just what kinda role will the apc serve? Also anyone have any custom challenges in mind? Like I'm excited to hook up the flat bed trailer to a smaller truck and try to haul the largest vehicle in game fully loaded to it's drop off point.

It serves the same purpose as every other truck...

...to carry rocks and watch the suspension compress
😂😂

@1967KAISERJEEP one of the first things we gotta do is see if we can pick up rocks in snowrunner lol

@Jayson said in Visual Customization Blog:

@1967KAISERJEEP one of the first things we gotta do is see if we can pick up rocks in snowrunner lol

YES!

@Jayson hell yeah man definitely. And see what else we can pick up

@8x8 I hope you’ve shared the joy of picking up rocks in Mudrunner. I remember a long time ago when @Iyagovos was around I mentioned to him that when you put weight on the axles of the trucks they respond better to going through deep water and mud.

(And one big Rock in mudrunner weights as bout 10 tons)

@1967KAISERJEEP said in Visual Customization Blog:

@8x8 I hope you’ve shared the joy of picking up rocks in Mudrunner. I remember a long time ago when @Iyagovos was around I mentioned to him that when you put weight on the axles of the trucks they respond better to going through deep water and mud.

(And one big Rock in mudrunner weights as bout 10 tons)

Hmm no I actually haven't. I think I remember doing it in the original Spintires though. Not a lot though.

@8x8 u definitely need to try it.

@8x8 you seem to be a very avid user and I remember you were always on here when mudrunner was released as I was, so I imagine you are proficient with the crane? I’m very good with it love the controls. Just wish the crane’s claw was a bit more stronger.

@8x8 you seem to be a very avid user and I remember you were always on here when mudrunner was released as I was, so I imagine you are proficient with the crane? I’m very good with it love the controls. Just wish the crane’s claw was a bit more stronger.

Yeah I am fairly good with it, thank you! I love the controls as well! 😄

@Jayson said in Visual Customization Blog:

@8x8 u definitely need to try it.

I will try it again next time I play either of the two games! 😃

MR's claw is already quite strong, especially compared to the one in ST. That one stops closing as soon as it hits an obstacle. On the other hand the crane itself seems stronger in ST (as far as holding weight).

last edited by Unster

@Unster that's what we want is the crane to be stronger lol. Sometimes it just flops around like a wet noodle

most important is that we DONT need this “heavy like hell rocks” bug or exploit in SR...we need balanced and realistic game. i like to test vehicles for overload, but not with one two rocks

@Jellyfoosh
its a small misunderstanding here - its not a NEW paintjob we have here.
On the first pic we see the rust on pink chevy, and i hope all old trucks will keep wear and tear details after changing the color.
So we speak here about changing of ORIGINAL color. AND ITS GREAT! Imagine brand “new” zil 130 or bizon in mr! it would be a bullshit!
Devs doing a great job making old vehicles OLD (check Pacific - it looks great)!
Even newer vehicles like Navistar (10 y o) looks like after full war shift)
I love to play even campaign mode, building empire, on USED VEHICLES market world. Like Cuba)). And we have this new shiny blue Fred 114, so new fleet lovers can buy 10 such))

As an option we might have renew paint in “pump my ride” slyle (for big $), but its a huge job for devs, which i will never use. Better to invest resources into working mirrors and weather system)

last edited by Stazco