SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!

@knight25 Yes, you will be able to buy the Navistar after launch as a separate DLC on PS4 and Xbox One.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

So the truck is not preorder exclusive in any way? You just get it for free if you preorder, compared to needing to pay extra for it after launch?

@Lombra Best thing to do to find out is to check the links above to see what the premium edition actually includes. It may vary by region. For the US market, there's no mention of the Navistar. The only difference is the season pass. I assume that's how you get the Navistar for "free" at some point.

last edited by Unster

Will it be available on Steam as well?

@Jellyfoosh said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

Hey @justinlynch3 digital PS4 copies will only become available at and after launch (so no pre-orders), but you can pre-order a physical copy (and receive the pre-order bonus) through retailers. You can also get the premium edition physical copy.

This link let's you select your platform and preferred edition.
http://mudrunner-thegame.com/en/shop

That's weird. I've heard of stuff like timed exclusives where maybe XBOX might get content on one game earlier then PS, or vice Vera. But I've never heard of pre-orders being console exclusive. And why would you make pre-order exclusive to XBOX anyway that only only has like a 30-40 million player base when PS has over 100 million potential buyers? Maybe it's just be, but I don't get Focus logic at all.

Between angering PC players by switching from Steam to Epic, and making pre-orders exclusive to XBOX and giving PS nothing. It's almost as if Focus is doing everything they can to make sure this game doesn't sell. lol

Well at least it's been confirmed the truck will be released post launch. So I couldn't care less now about pre-ordering anyway.

Will the Premium Edition launch on the PS Store post launch. Or are you guys also forcing us to buy the regular edition, and every bit of DLC separately?

@justinlynch3 It could be due to some legal agreement with Sony. Focus can't decide everything when it comes to console game sales.

I'd assume the premium edition will be available post-launch as well. As for me, I'm not pre-ordering anything (never have). I'll check out gameplay footage and reviews before I buy, especially since Epic probably doesn't offer a 2-hour refund like Steam does.

@Jellyfoosh How about a playable demo or beta before release? That would be an excellent way for me to evaluate the game before buying, and it would also be useful for you guys to gather feedback from the community.

last edited by Unster

@Unster said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

@Lombra Best thing to do to find out is to check the links above to see what the premium edition actually includes. It may vary by region. For the US market, there's no mention of the Navistar. The only difference is the season pass. I assume that's how you get the Navistar for "free" at some point.

It's clear to me what the premium edition is. I'm only unclear on the things about which I asked, because it was said in the OP to be exclusive.

You don't see the Navistar note if you expand the description on the Epic store or click More in the Xbox store, then?

@Lombra said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

You don't see the Navistar note if you expand the description on the Epic store

Ah, that's what it is! I didn't click to expand. Kind of bad marketing if you ask me. Still, the description only says this:
The Premium Edition includes the base game SnowRunner and its Season Pass.

So the way I read it, with premium edition you're purchasing the Season Pass and the Navistar will be the first DLC truck, available at or soon after launch.

@Unster u get navistar as pre-order bonus, doesnt matter u buy premium edition or standard

@Unster said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

especially since Epic probably doesn't offer a 2-hour refund like Steam does

They allow, also after 2 weeks, if you have played less than 2 hours.
I know because I take almost every free game.

last edited by knight25

@Jellyfoosh With the pre - order for PS being physical copy only until launch, will the premium version still be a purchasable option on the PS store (download)? Or will the standard edition be the only option with the season pass as a separate entity?

Ordered and waiting 😛

Looking forward to seeing how progress is saved when switching regions 😛

@Lombra said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

So the truck is not preorder exclusive in any way? You just get it for free if you preorder, compared to needing to pay extra for it after launch?

That's correct. It's a pre-order bonus, not an exclusive.

sombody put me to sleep until the 28April 😵

Is SnowRunner ever going to release on Steam? Or is it going to always be exclusive to the Epic Games store? I honestly want to support Focus Home Interactive, but not Epic.

So I was right about the upgrade system being a balancing act for fuel efficiency
Screenshot_20200219-110545.png

Also saw a flat tire lol
Screenshot_20200219-105951~2.png

last edited by kingnightshadow

It gets flatter. That's the best I could do at the moment

@kingnightshadow yes, fuel tanks will definitely be upgradable

last edited by zamal

@zamal said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

@kingnightshadow yes, fuel tanks will definitely be upgradable

not a fact...no proofs so far