SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!

@Jayson they said they already did couple of closed betas, but not sure about if open beta will be available

7ba26b7c-5b83-4004-a9fc-4508a0cd72e3-image.png

so maybe when they said there was going to be betas, they meant for content creators and such, for exposure but id love to get my hands on one

last edited by zamal

@zamal said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

so maybe when they said there was going to be betas, they meant for content creators and such, for exposure but id love to get my hands on one

It looks like they meant “Erm yeah, we’ll probably test it before release” 😂

@kingnightshadow said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

So I was right about the upgrade system being a balancing act for fuel efficiency
Screenshot_20200219-110545.png

Also saw a flat tire lol
Screenshot_20200219-105951~2.png

Its correctly called Tireflex i believe.

@Stazco said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

@kingnightshadow said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

So I was right about the upgrade system being a balancing act for fuel efficiency
Screenshot_20200219-110545.png

Also saw a flat tire lol
Screenshot_20200219-105951~2.png

interesting, flat tire = “broken wheel”, mentioned in achievements (“drive with all wheels broken”)?

and i d like to have downgrade system, i hate that most vehicles are awd AND have ALL diff locks!
take this Int. 5070, 6x6, all diffs
in rl - its 6x4 (5050 is 6x6), and even 6x6 5050 DONT have full diffs (magic mr diffs, when all 6 wheels a locked and spin at one speed, is a fairytale, in rl yes, you can have rear axles locked, but in most cases not wheels, front wheels locked separately, but front axle not locked with rears...
so this magic 6x6 full locks helps tremendously and makes game really easy
actually do you know any vehicle with 3 axles, all wheels as driven AND locked all together ?
4x4 yes, gaz 66, but 6x6?...

Not flat. It's a tire with low air pressure, possibly under a load. Tires was exactly the same in SpinTires and MudRunner.

While dangerous at highway speed, having low air pressure is a common practice off road. It allows the bottom of the tire to flatten out over a wider area of contact with the ground, thus increasing traction. More surface area the tire has = more grip. Now you can't put tires flat, you'll ruin the rim and likely destroy the tire in the process. But in terms of off road, a tire with low air pressure certainly beats a tire with high air pressure.

I was thinking it was going flat cus in the scene no other tires were flexing, only that one

_get ready for this)
***=NSFW content***

click to show

last edited by Severo

@Severo u really surprised me with that 404 error

@Unster nope i said exactly what i meant. the wheels do not exactly fully lock even with diff on. high throttle being applied they may fully lock up, but from what i have noticed they do not fully lock up with minimal throttle applied (meaning with in the first segment of the shifter slot). can not even begin to count the times i have sat there watching one wheel spin on a climb (no obstacles) while the wheel on the other end of that axle just sits there doing nothing other than once and a while jittering a bit with the diff lock on.

@Jayson We've already had several small closed Betas, but we do plan on having a larger closed Beta before launch to gather more feedback. 🙂

I need more info before preordering. Actual gameplay trailers, more info on what the premium edition gives you (is it just 1 season pass, or mutiple), more in depth info on game modes (really hoping for a career mode), etc.

@Jellyfoosh hmmm sounds like pre order access

@Ktaco we still have 2 months just wait till they reveal more info

Saber Interactive just got bought by THQNordic 😲 🤔

@Jayson

For sure. But at the same time you can't expect the masses to pre order with limited information.

Beta access for pre orders as mentioned above would also be a very intriguing selling point

@TheSaltySalt said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

Saber Interactive just got bought by THQNordic 😲 🤔

Wait a minute I did read that right afterall. Dangit I deleted my post for nothing, I thought I misread. lmao

Anyway Saber got brought by Nordic? So is MudRunner/SnowRunner now owned by the people who made Wreckfest? This is rather out of nowhere if true. I've heard nothing about Focus being in trouble or Saber being for sale. So what's going on?

last edited by justinlynch3

there is already data for the PC
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
minimum
operating system
To be announced
processor
To be announced
random access memory
To be announced
graphic card
To be announced
Free space
To be announced
DirectX
To be announced
Supported languages
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Simplified Chinese

@justinlynch3 said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

I've heard nothing about Focus being in trouble or Saber being for sale. So what's going on?

That's news to me as well. But it may not mean that Saber is in trouble. Consolidating happens in various industries including this one. Often it's to stay competitive and acquire more market share. It's also a good way for stock holders to make some quick money.