SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!

@8up-local You're right, I also noticed the individual wheel slip with diff lock on when I was watching for it last night. It goes both ways. The wheels never fully lock and never fully open, though I'd say they lock pretty strong, close to 100%.

@justinlynch3 said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

@TheSaltySalt said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

Saber Interactive just got bought by THQNordic 😲 πŸ€”

Wait a minute I did read that right afterall. Dangit I deleted my post for nothing, I thought I misread. lmao

Anyway Saber got brought by Nordic? So is MudRunner/SnowRunner now owned by the people who made Wreckfest? This is rather out of nowhere if true. I've heard nothing about Focus being in trouble or Saber being for sale. So what's going on?

They are not having problems. Saber Interactive will become the fifth subsidiary of Embracer Group (THQ Nordic), though it will maintain autonomy and there are no planned restructuring or cost saving measures.

@Unster said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

@8up-local You're right, I also noticed the individual wheel slip with diff lock on when I was watching for it last night. It goes both ways. The wheels never fully lock and never fully open, though I'd say they lock pretty strong, close to 100%.

never fully lock, never open...IT DOESNT MATTER!, its just a game engine realization of, i repeat, - MAGIC FULL 6x6 Diff lock (all 3 axles and all 6 wheels locked together), almost never existed in rl on common off road vehicles!
in sr almost each vehicle has it, its a bad way to make game easy for casual audience!

last edited by Stazco

@Stazco said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

in sr almost each vehicle has it, its a bad way to make game easy for casual audience!

Maybe, but I think what matters more is the traction. If it's realistic, then even the "magical" diff lock will not get you out of every sticky situation. Whether those situations will exist remains an unanswered question of mine. At least in MR it's possible to tweak the mud properties to make that happen.

does it matter? vast majority, nope. i'm just noting what i see and i do drive the stock vehicles in ways not intended. so there are times i wonder if it would make a difference, but the game is what it is and i just play it. πŸ˜† πŸ‘πŸ½

alt text

last edited by A Former User

FAE45BCB-8A1F-48BC-8D6D-0FF1E651CC1D.jpeg

Just noticed this trailer store in the trailer

@8up-local said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

does it matter? vast majority, nope. i'm just noting what i see and i do drive the stock vehicles in ways not intended. so there are times i wonder if it would make a difference, but the game is what it is and i just play it. πŸ˜† πŸ‘πŸ½

alt text

well, there was a channel with guys used zil 131 almost like you...all videos were deleted i think because they were black loggers. only one saved in my favorites, enjoy:

Youtube Video

these zils are upgraded with urals parts, so it is a rl.

but its on the edge, and there are many mr fans who love this game for its realism and rl immersion...you talk about using it as some forza horizon(arcade, sorry but for childrens, since it doesn’t make sense to drive perfectly made cars with 400 km/h through obstacles and traffic) instead of forza motorsport (sim)
And i believe both modes can be in sr - acrade with all magic diff locks, and hardcore there int 5070 is 6x4, with partial diff locks, winch as optional equipment, and not all round, but only front...and so on

question- in mr and spintires, is there some hardcore PC mods ? like less diff locks, restricted winches (only front on most cars, and not at all on zil 130 and...zaporogec) , deeper mud?

last edited by Stazco

@Elemental_X You'll be able to buy the digital premium edition for PS4 at launch, yep.

@Stazco Uh! I never realized that, but it's totally true! the differentials lock altogether, which is not how it works IRL.

@TheDeestroyer said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

@justinlynch3 said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

Saber Interactive just got bought by THQNordic 😲 πŸ€”

Wait a minute I did read that right afterall. Dangit I deleted my post for nothing, I thought I misread. lmao

Anyway Saber got brought by Nordic? So is MudRunner/SnowRunner now owned by the people who made Wreckfest? This is rather out of nowhere if true. I've heard nothing about Focus being in trouble or Saber being for sale. So what's going on?

They are not having problems. Saber Interactive will become the fifth subsidiary of Embracer Group (THQ Nordic), though it will maintain autonomy and there are no planned restructuring or cost saving measures.

Indeed, thats what the report said as well, it just THQnordic who is on a shopping spree πŸ˜… they spend more than 300mil for saber, but there was something about 100mil extra if a certain milestone was hit. anyways, it wont matter in short term and i dont know anything for long term changes.
What i would like to know who hold the rights to the "Mud algorithm" now, will we see it get used in more games in the future 😲

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-02-19-thq-nordic-parent-buys-the-witcher-3-nintendo-switch-developer-saber-interactive

last edited by TheSaltySalt

What i would like to know who hold the rights to the "Mud algorithm" now, will we see it get used in more games in the future

I would assume that's both Oovee and Saber/Focus. Now THQ as well. However that doesn't prevent other companies from coming up with their own "mud algorithms".

@Stazco said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

question- in mr and spintires, is there some hardcore PC mods ? like less diff locks, restricted winches (only front on most cars, and not at all on zil 130 and...zaporogec) , deeper mud?

There isn't a way to make the mud deeper as far as I know, but there sure is a way to make it more difficult, as I've mentioned several times on this forum. I think that's the most important & beneficial tweak that a realism fan can make to the game. It has greatly extended my enjoyment of this game, by about the same amount as mods. The stock mud is much too easy.

@Digidi time to put on getting banned on the forum hat as well bro, gl

@zamal fr why are all these fools hate the game just because it's sold on a different store like wtf

@Jayson It's the inconvenience to those who don't have an Epic account (myself included) and some initial worry about support for mods. But I'm mostly over it. Would still prefer the game to be on Steam.

@Jayson said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

@zamal fr why are all these fools hate the game just because it's sold on a different store like wtf

Firstly calling people fools doesn't help your argument. As the saying goes "what goes around comes around", you don't show respect to others and they won't respect you.

Secondly regarding Epic, I haven't looked into it as I'm not o PC but other forum users has suggested that Epic uses some scummy business practices and isn't the most user friendly. It seems some don't trust Epic and don't want to support the platform.

Thirdly there was the whole scare about how mods would work seeing as Epic don't have mod support. However that seems to have tampered off since Focus addressed it.

@zamal lol well if I'm going to get banned for saying this, so be it
I'm not going to give money to epic games

@justinlynch3 thanks

@Digidi said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

@zamal lol well if I'm going to get banned for saying this, so be it
I'm not going to give money to epic games

dont give anything to these bastards!!!
as for us - we will survive in any case! game will be AWESOME!))

Id have to say i hate epic as well, for their scummy practices and all the above, all of uv seen my rants when it was first announced but my love for the game is greater, also workshop problem have been solved and there is no other way to support devs than to buy game on epic

I would love it to be on steam right beside ST and MR but it is what it is