SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!

from a business standpoint its realy smart to release on epic store, since it means you get a lot more money💰 , its still developing so cant tell if its not going to be as good or even better than steam in the future.
For me personally i think its a hassle since i need to close and reopen the different launcher/stores every time i switch games with my friends, and if i want the ultimate performance need to close the one i am not using atm! But competition is always good.

Hello @Digidi, we're sorry to see you disappointed but talking about pirating is against the rules of the forum, so please do not do it again.

@TheDeestroyer yet. Anytime Nordic is involved things always seem to suddenly go wrong causing destruction of beloved games

@TheSaltySalt I agree, and I'm not blaming the developers, but it is what it is
@Deouej sorry about that, I just got frustrated when I went to pre-order only to find out that it's exclusively sold on a platform I don't like

anyway
the game looks great, I can't wait to play it, but I'll wait for the steam version

@kingnightshadow said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

@TheDeestroyer yet. Anytime Nordic is involved things always seem to suddenly go wrong causing destruction of beloved games

What's wrong with Nordic? I got Wreckfest recently and the game is a blast, really fun.

@Unster I didn't know it was such an inconvenience to make a simple account... Big deal🤣 but yea I get what u and @justinlynch3 saying but if it was me, which I have steam but I just like Xbox more because I don't wanna buy a decent PC since I already have my Xbox I wouldn't make such a big deal and hate the game and devs just because they sell it on epic.

@justinlynch3 Nordic could drop dope games like mx vs atv unleashed remastered but they continue to drop garbage games like all-out. But I played wreckfest it's pretty good. And they money grab with their dlc and it's ridiculous

last edited by Jayson

@Jayson said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

I didn't know it was such an inconvenience to make a simple account... Big deal but yea I get what u and @justinlynch3 saying

Well it's more than just that. I didn't mention it in my last post but elsewhere I mentioned that I've noticed the Epic Games app is a bit of a resource hog (on my son's computer), and like @TheSaltySalt mentioned you might have to close it when playing games on other platforms to get optimal performance. But no I don't hate the game for being on Epic. Just tired of having to go with yet another platform for games (already have Steam, Origin, and Microsoft).

last edited by Unster

@Unster said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

I didn't know it was such an inconvenience to make a simple account... Big deal but yea I get what u and @justinlynch3 saying

Well it's more than just that. I didn't mention it in my last post but elsewhere I mentioned that I've noticed the Epic Games app is a bit of a resource hog (on my son's computer), and like @TheSaltySalt mentioned you might have to close it when playing games on other platforms to get optimal performance. But no I don't hate the game for being on Epic. Just tired of having to go with yet another platform for games (already have Steam, Origin, and Microsoft).

Makes sense

@simhunt77 said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

PS4 player.....🍿

But you don't have mods for MR. I think PC is the best platform for gaming, if you have the money to buy decent components.

@Unster Word. I've always played on console. And I'm good with that. I respect pc players and the ability to mod games. Looking forward to mods on console but my popcorn post is meant to say that i really enjoy the discussion between pc game modders. Very informative! Money is not an issue. I just like the console ease of use. Excited to play other modders creations on ps4. I'm a carpenter, not a computer guy. But I've been a gamer since the early 80's

last edited by simhunt77

@justinlynch3 I've enjoyed it too. I bent over for the season pass/game edition bundle whatever it was but every single dlc has been free since then.

And making podium racers sweat with a 310 point van is a deeply satisfying experience, beaten only by covering it in armour, going to a special server and acting the pure scumbag 😂

@Unster I didn't know it was such an inconvenience to make a simple account... Big deal🤣 but yea I get what u and @justinlynch3 saying but if it was me, which I have steam but I just like Xbox more because I don't wanna buy a decent PC since I already have my Xbox I wouldn't make such a big deal and hate the game and devs just because they sell it on epic.

It seems to be more a morality issue then simply making a account. A lot of people don't like Epic or the business practices they use. Epic does not have a good reputation among the public and some won't support a company like that.

That seems to be the biggest issue right now.

@Unster Word. I've always played on console. And I'm good with that. I respect pc players and the ability to mod games. Looking forward to mods on console but my popcorn post is meant to say that i really enjoy the discussion between pc game modders. Very informative! Money is not an issue. Just like the console ease of use. Excited to play other modders creations on ps4. I'm a carpenter, not a computer guy. But I've been a gamer since the early 80's

I hear you. I am an electrician, and also have zero interest in PC gaming. I love the simplicity of consoles. I have been a gamer since the mid eighties, and have had several runs at PCs, console is where it's at for me. Sure mods might be fun, but as I've said before, MR base game was enough for me, and the dlcs were icing.

@grubdumpling said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

@Unster Word. I've always played on console. And I'm good with that. I respect pc players and the ability to mod games. Looking forward to mods on console but my popcorn post is meant to say that i really enjoy the discussion between pc game modders. Very informative! Money is not an issue. Just like the console ease of use. Excited to play other modders creations on ps4. I'm a carpenter, not a computer guy. But I've been a gamer since the early 80's

I hear you. I am an electrician, and also have zero interest in PC gaming. I love the simplicity of consoles. I have been a gamer since the mid eighties, and have had several runs at PCs, console is where it's at for me. Sure mods might be fun, but as I've said before, MR base game was enough for me, and the dlcs were icing.

Well on the plus side console mods has been promised this time around as well.

@justinlynch3 that's because bugbear. They are amazing but as soon as Nordic can get in and say " well let's try this " bug bear will slowly decline till non existence. Same with every company they have aquired and started being involved with have slowly died out. Nordic has a bad reputation as it is lol

@Jellyfoosh hmmm sounds like pre order access

Not necessarily chap. A closed beta simply means 'not open'. It can therefore imply any restricted group of users, including internal beta testers.

@Jellyfoosh I think what the audience here always wanted to establish was whether or not anyone outside of the Focus/Saber development team, more specifically the audience here, was going to get to a chance to experience the game and provide feedback for launch and if so, how.

My project management spidey senses are screaming a big fat "NO CHANCE" based on your launch schedule but seeing as I was corrected by everyone last time I chimed in, I'll leave you to confirm/clarify.

last edited by zoglet

@justinlynch3 said in SnowRunner Releases April 28 - Pre-order now!:

Well on the plus side console mods has been promised this time around as well.

Don't dream too big. I suspect either:

1. A (significant) difference between modding available for the PC and Console
  2. PC modding will be downgraded to align with what is possible/allowable on console.
  3. A bit of both of the above.

I suspect 3. I'm not sure that ST/MR worried about licensing until the DLCs. SR is something completely new. This involved talks with manufacturers who would have expectations on non approved mod representations of their own products. It therefore follows that non-approved or licensed models of other products would be problematic. I would be extremely surprised to see an "anything goes" approach for a ton of reasons I'm sure I already raised some years ago but hey, I guess we'll know soon enough 😉

last edited by zoglet

@zoglet Well, American truck simulator has licenced trucks and still, the moders do whatever they want 😉