BB2 password retrieval/reset help

Hey, are there any adims around that can help me get in touch with support?

Haven't play in over a year, got back into wanting to play some BB2 so I finally bought the Official Expansion to complete my BB2 game. Sadly I had forgotten my password to log in and have had no luck with the password retrieval option. Going on 2 weeks now or so.
I found some info on here to send an email to support@focus-home.com back on the 31 of Jan with account info and new password. Haven't heard back from them yet.

Should I wait another week before sending another email or is there another step I need to do?
While my online teams aren't that great, they're mine and I'd hate to lose them and start all over. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jason.

The admins here can't help you, they have no more access than any other player.

Sounds like you've done all you can, you just got to hope someone at Focus/Cyanide give a shit enough to help, but I wouldn't hold your breath (look at all the other unanswered posts in this forum).

To be honest, if you can, create a new account - you'll probably be able to start playing and get teams to the same level a lot quicker than waiting for support.