Terrain Physics Blog

@kingnightshadow said in Terrain Physics Blog:

This style of game isn't like that, it follows more to real life. Which is hard but not impossible,

True, but actually getting stuck in mud IRL and needing a tow does happen frequently, and it should in the game too. That's my main point. No one is saying the game should be impossible. Of course there will always be some people who whine about the game being too hard, but they can usually be ignored, as I think the majority enjoys a good challenge (otherwise a game gets boring fast). A good example is Noita. It's a punishing game with some whiners, but guess what, the reviews on Steam are "overwhelmingly positive". BeamNG, which is closer to MR/SR, has ultra-realistic physics, and it's very popular. There are already plenty of arcade driving games. I don't think we need more.

last edited by Unster

@Unster speaking of a good challenge. Try hauling a fully loaded 8x8 of your choice on the flat bed trailer in mudrunner. Even with the westernstar doing the pulling it's hard to get anywhere at all lol highly recommend it

@Unster nah, it's good with being more realistic. But being ultra hard would get annoying lol and have you seen what they are doing with the physics? Game will definitely be hard, especially when you find the random hidden pocket of deep mud and water will get nearly anything stuck lol I'm honestly very excited for snowrunner, I love snow but where I love snow is super rare. Like maybe once every 5-6 years. So a chance to drive in the snow and use large trucks in it is a dream for me lol

@kingnightshadow understandable. i have only two gears though myself, slow and slower. 😆

@8up-local lol same, 98% of my time was spent in low 3. It was easier

@Unster speaking of a good challenge. Try hauling a fully loaded 8x8 of your choice on the flat bed trailer in mudrunner. Even with the westernstar doing the pulling it's hard to get anywhere at all lol highly recommend it

its so just because this flatbed is really low and made for tarmac roads.
we need flatbed like used in russian garage semitrailer for 8x8

@zamal also this doesn't cater to children. Irl getting out of the mud isn't that difficult. People make a living driving through roads that really shouldn't be driven at all lol we all asked for realism and we got realism

....well, ok...))
people used ROADs, yes...
most mr mud sectors are trying to recreate russian style zimniks, type of roads that could be used only in winter, in other seasons it became almost impossible to use it, only upgraded urals etc can do it...not freds and 6x4 kamazs...you stuck each 100 metres, and need K700 to get out, since you dont have these magic all round fast winches and almighty diff locks

videos are here:
link text

@Stazco sounds like a fun challenge map to me.

I 100% agree we need more difficult terrain. As a console player there are very very few times I've legitimately gotten stuck in MR. SR should have places that you get stuck and have to go get another vehicle to haul it out or if your playing mutiplayer get help from someone else. That's what makes the game fun IMO.