February Community Update

Hello SnowRunners!

It's been a huge month for the team, and we're thrilled with the response we've seen from the community to everything we've released so far!

From here on out, the Community Updates will serve as a summary of everything we've posted that month, complete with links to every blog and trailer. Let's get started with the biggest news:

SnowRunner Releases April 28!

And Pre-orders are live, available here: bit.ly/BuySnowRunner
Keep in mind that PS4 has no digital pre-orders. You will be able to get a digital PS4 copy at launch.

Check out our Release Date Reveal Trailer and Conquer The Wilds Trailer:

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

We also released two shorter videos on the Alaska Region, and on Gameplay Customization:

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

On top of all the videos, we have some more in-depth blogs on SnowRunner features:

Visual Customization Blog: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/43905/visual-customization-blog?page=1

Terrain Physics Blog: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/43997/terrain-physics-blog?page=1

This Xbox Wire Article goes even deeper into vehicle customization:
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/21/snowrunner-announce-xbox-one/

This week, we also started posting two vehicle presentations per week, on Tuesdays and Fridays. Without further ado, let us present the ANK Mk. 38:

A military classic, the Mk.38 is an exceptional vehicle tuned for ultimate off-road performance. It’s a powerhouse of industrial transportation.

Snowrunner-ANKMk38-Vehicules-1040x584.jpg

We have plenty more coming in March, and are excited to show you new features, vidoes, and content as we get closer and closer to launch! Thank you for all the positivity!

Make sure you swing by the SnowRunner Discord and Reddit to hang out with the community and the team!

Have a good one!

last edited by Jellyfoosh

thats how i feel right now..

alt text

That is a nice truck! I can see myself spending a lot of time in that truck while taking a break from the missions for some ole fashioned mud bogging/trail riding. I do gotta ask if we can have some more info on how the mission/contract lists work? For example will we be able to replay missions or will we have to start all over if we mess around and waste all our money?

@zamal not happy with how they are giving info now?

@zamal the gif of Arnold looking unimpressed with his hand lol

@kingnightshadow oh i thought arnold was like wtf is this, never seen this before

@zamal nah lol he know he was a Terminator. Do gotta say, that is one sexy truck they are adding. Hope we get the tires in the image as stock instead of the old style duce and a half duals

I wish games like these would add in more of the older trucks say 65 chevys 71 gmc 73-86

@kingnightshadow it was sarcasm.. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† im not happy with Community Update, was expecting something new, everything here iv seen, read, cut, butchered and so on but hey, who am i to complain...

alt text

last edited by zamal

@kingnightshadow and also yeah, these look like they are stock, so far with those presentations they have shown vehicles in their vanilla form with 0 upgrades why should it change now, btw this thing looks exactly identical to real life counterpart who needs licensing if u can get away with this, am i right? 😁

@zamal the lights are higher up then on the real truck but, I like this a lot better XD I kinda wonder, will We start out with a pick up truck moving small loads or will we get a semi/ big truck at the start

@kingnightshadow probably scout and basic 6x6, maybe white western star since it can be upgraded

last edited by zamal

@zamal I really hope the trailers we have seen being pulled by the scout trucks arnt just static designs on a repair item. I hope we can actually work with them

Don't want to sound like a broken record, but here we go again with the permanent diff lock. πŸ˜’ No truck in real life has permanent diff lock. As with the simple winch sprite, it was fine for MR, but I was expecting better for SR. The truck otherwise looks great though.

last edited by Unster

@kingnightshadow said in February Community Update:

That is a nice truck! I can see myself spending a lot of time in that truck while taking a break from the missions for some ole fashioned mud bogging/trail riding. I do gotta ask if we can have some more info on how the mission/contract lists work? For example will we be able to replay missions or will we have to start all over if we mess around and waste all our money?

In MudRunner you can join people online and help them in completing maps. I imagine online will work the same in SnowRunner. So I'm thinking you can always make more money regardless via helping other players.

@justinlynch3 yeah exactly, like joining somebody to kill boss in dark souls to get more souls

@justinlynch3 honestly tho I don't enjoy multiplayer lol people get on my nerves too much XD

@kingnightshadow said in February Community Update:

@justinlynch3 honestly tho I don't enjoy multiplayer lol people get on my nerves too much XD

It's basically the same as single player, and very, very rarely does anybody in this community attempt to troll. In the whole time I had MudRunner I seen maybe like 2 trolls at most. One guy tried flip my truck by pushing me, only to fail and drive though me. Other guy came at me in auto and tried to ram me resulting in him flipping himself over.

This is one the best online communities out there. 99.9% players just mind their own business and does their own thing. From time to time if you get in trouble people will even try to come help you. Very rarely do you ever meet a bad player in this series.

So I don't know why people would bother you.