Watch the massive new Overview Trailer!

alt text

Hello, SnowRunners!

Feast your eyes on our huge new Overview Trailer, showing off everything you need to know about SnowRunner’s mountain of content, from trucks to missions to environments and much more.

Youtube Video

SnowRunner puts you behind the wheel of a huge roster of 40 customizable off-road vehicles from manufacturers like Chevrolet, Caterpillar, Freightliner and more in some of the world’s most untamed, unforgiving environments. There are three new regions with 11 sandbox maps to explore, with more than three times the square mileage of the original MudRunner.

These interconnected maps mean missions can connect between them, sending you on epic adventures as you drive to conquer the wilderness – alone or with up to three friends.

Master extreme hazards like snowbanks, ice, rivers, and mud — each with their own unique challenges and physics — to get your mission completed as efficiently as possible. A huge variety of mission types await, and you can take on the elements alone or with your friends online in fully synchronous four-player co-op multiplayer! Plus, with mod support on day one on PC, you can expand and enrich your experience thanks to the great community and a new partnership with Mod.io.

SnowRunner launches April 28 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store. The Season Pass is available as part of the Premium Edition, featuring new vehicles, maps, activities, and much more over several phases in the months following release. Pre-orders and their exclusive bonuses are available via the official store.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

Awesome, thanks so much for this!! 😃

Still can’t preorder it in Canada so I’m unable to get the special vehicle. Will this work with the Logitech G29 for PS4?

Hey @Duckfunky, PS4 digital copies can't be pre-ordered, but you can get them on launch day. Physical copies are available for pre-order however (with the Navistar truck). If you decide to get a digital copy, you can still get the Navistar post-launch as a separate purchase. 🙂

Hope that helps!

last edited by Jellyfoosh

@Jellyfoosh said in Watch the massive new Overview Trailer!:

you can still get the Navistar separately post-launch.

For free or at additional cost?

@Unster Thanks, I fixed my comment. It's a separate purchase post-launch.

Best video showcasing game by far!

everything looks great and can not wait, but that winch line and the connections. 🤔

no complaints though, but it would be nice if something could have been done. i will still play it anyway. 😆

This game is looking better by the day, my preorder copy is already on order. Now to try and get the model of my old truck finished and ready for the game!

@8up-local said in Watch the massive new Overview Trailer!:

everything looks great and can not wait, but that winch line and the connections. 🤔

no complaints though, but it would be nice if something could have been done. i will still play it anyway. 😆

Something most certainly could of been done. They could of kept all functionality same and simply altered the texture so the winch line looked like a actual metal cable. Absolutely no excuses for them being unable to do that. They kept the winch line white (for some dumb reason) simply by design and nothing else. All it would took is a texture swap and it'd look 100 times better. But no, they choose the white line as being a better option.

However yea as far as the connection points go I agree, I really don't like that X. Very ugly. Hopefully they patch it post launch to return it to MudRunner style with a simple dot, cause all we've seen is trailers and I already hate that X.

Sometimes a dev's design choices just don't make no freaking sense. If we had a winch line that actually looked like a cable, and MudRunner style connection points. The game would been pretty much perfect from a visual aspect. It's like

"Hey look everybody is complaining about the ugly white winch line in MudRunner. What should we do in SnowRunner?"
"Ugly white winch line!"
"You sure? All we need to do is a texture swap and the winch line will look much more realistic."
"I said UGLY... WHITE... WINCH LINE"
"OK, ok, we'll keep the winch white, sheesh."

I don't expect any conversation among the dev team actually went like that, but that's what it feels like. lol

@justinlynch3 well the X i do not mind since it does have a purpose (besides i mod my files to have different image for the winch stuff). i was more referring to the invisible connections like on the crane load in the vid. others have mentioned it before already, i was basicly just restating the fact.

@justinlynch3 It's not really the texture that's the worst aspect of it. I believe a tow line can look like it's made of some fabric. It doesn't have to be a metal cable, though that would be nice as well. The biggest problem I think are the ends of the tow line, where it attaches to things with magic glue. Sometimes there's even a visible gap. The X is not terrible but I would prefer that it disappears shortly after the mouse or camera stops moving. It should only be a visual aid to find the endpoint of the winch and not permanently on the screen.

@Unster said in Watch the massive new Overview Trailer!:

@justinlynch3 It's not really the texture that's the worst aspect of it. I believe a tow line can look like it's made of some fabric. It doesn't have to be a metal cable, though that would be nice as well. The biggest problem I think are the ends of the tow line, where it attaches to things with magic glue. Sometimes there's even a visible gap. The X is not terrible but I would prefer that it disappears shortly after the mouse or camera stops moving. It should only be a visual aid to find the endpoint of the winch and not permanently on the screen.

Oh yea that issue, I forgot about that. lol

@justinlynch3 If the winch line was thinner, I think the ends would stand out less. The winch line is too thick to be abruptly cut like that and still look good. Saber should tweak the look, especially since the rest of the game looks really good. If they decide to make it thinner, then I'd suggest to go with a metal cable texture to be realistic.

last edited by Unster

Couldn’t care less about how the winch line looks as long as it functions properly.

@stirmygnat
Ok, but simply out of curiosity I would like to know what caused that the Devs took care of the good appearance of everything in general, and left such an underdone winch / rope; their appearance and how they are attached.
Could the reason be that players always complain about something, so they gave them that winch to distract from bugs etc 🙃
Ok, that doesn't make sense.

Second thing: will be possible to use the winch and the crane's rope at the same time?

@stirmygnat said in Watch the massive new Overview Trailer!:

Couldn’t care less about how the winch line looks as long as it functions properly.

it does. “properly”. real “spiderman” style, like in mr.
its the main thing in mr, which decrease immersion drastically (

@knight25 i figure it will be like now. winch and crane lines/cables will be one and the same. 🤔

otherwise i see no reason not to have double winching if they can be two different things.

last edited by A Former User

@stirmygnat said in Watch the massive new Overview Trailer!:

I’ve got to agree with you on that.

@64Pacific well "that'll do" works for you fellas, but seeing the game advance and get better also works for everyone overall. to each their own, if you're happy with it quite cool with me, but some of us would like to see them do better with it. 👍🏽

i think we all know it should work properly, since it is a function (and a fairly big one at that). now yes the looks are just a visual thing which is a nice added touch that could be done better. as stated before me, with all the effort in the new look of the game, you'd think they would have done something more for it. 🤔

last edited by A Former User