Gameplay Customization Blog

@MrGTAmodsgerman said in Gameplay Customization Blog:

@Unster said in Gameplay Customization Blog:

Nice presentation! Those tire marks are kind of strange though. Are the truck tires soaked in oil?

alt text

Take a look at the GIF. If you only look continually look at the right corner of the GIF, you will notice once the GIF repeads, that the tire marks dry somehow. I guess that there was some mud or oil splash before. Somewhere behind the trees on the right.

I get the impression that there is thin grass or more likely moss growing over very wet soil with a lot of organic material in it, a lot of similar terrain in my neck of the woods once you get up into the mountains. The weather system / sky that they have built looks very convincing!

Edit - wording...

last edited by 64Pacific

I just don't think the color of those tire marks is correct. It's much too dark and the tire marks are too prominent, as if the tires were covered in oil, which was a joke, but that's what it looks like.

@kingnightshadow said in Gameplay Customization Blog:

I think @Stazco wont be happy till they oust 99.99% of the fan base to cater to .1% that won't this to be as hard as dark souls. Where if you pull into a paved road your stuck. If you pull on a dirt road your stuck, where if you even think of the mud your stuck.

Exaggerating much? 😉 I'm sure Stazco just wants realism, just as I do. The problem is there's a variety of peole with a variety of controllers and abilities. Some will probably demand or expect easier traction. I say fine, give it to them in the casual mode, but I really want hardcore mode to be hardcore. Unfortunately in MR there's no difference in traction between the two modes. I had to tweak the xml files to get close to realistic traction (stock mud settings are too easy while pavement is too slippery).

last edited by Unster

@MrGTAmodsgerman said in Gameplay Customization Blog:

@Unster said in Gameplay Customization Blog:

Nice presentation! Those tire marks are kind of strange though. Are the truck tires soaked in oil?

alt text

Take a look at the GIF. If you only look continually look at the right corner of the GIF, you will notice once the GIF repeads, that the tire marks dry somehow. I guess that there was some mud or oil splash before. Somewhere behind the trees on the right.

It looks to me like the surface of the mud is dry and underneath it is wet, just like brownies 🍪 🍮 🍫 🍰 so when the truck drives over it and mushes in the surface it reveals the wet inside.

@TheSaltySalt it looks like oil leakage more than surface revealing its wetness

@TheSaltySalt Yeah, the difference in colors is too great. It's not just a wet version of the surface, it's more like oil stains or paving the road with new asphalt.

last edited by Unster

@knight25 that isn't the case. The game will be realistic in if your stupid you'll stay stuck. If your smart and learn your vehicles limitations and how to avoid the deep and messy areas best you can, then you won't be stuck. I think @Stazco wont be happy till they oust 99.99% of the fan base to cater to .1% that won't this to be as hard as dark souls. Where if you pull into a paved road your stuck. If you pull on a dirt road your stuck, where if you even think of the mud your stuck. The game from what we've seen is the most realistic off road simulator to date. Now to make it harder by making mud worse would be reducing the simulation into the arcade because real life mud and ice isn't that bad. I've been in both many many times and had no issues other then being stupid and forgetting which side was the deep side in the standing water lol you wouldn't believe how refreshing water can be when your suddenly pockets deep in it during the winter

well, if you were driving kamaz, overloaded with logs or goods, through zimnik road during spring, well im fine with current settings if you approve it!))
if you talk about 4x4 scouts experience , well, they are not the core of mr/sr, they are just support vehicles, with problematic mechanics since game is supposed to fulfill 6x6 trucks realism. remember how awful scouts behave at high speeds on any road, and at any speed at tarmac.
all my complaints are about trucks, not scouts.

@64Pacific I've never heard of a vehicle with multiple reverse gears? What's it called, I'd love to learn more about it, cus that sounds awesome

last edited by kingnightshadow

@Unster just to make it clear @Stazco I was only poking a bit of fun. I'm sorry if I've offended you. As for option of difficulty. It should be done like the long dark, a list of settings you can change to suit your wants and needs. Don't like how strong the winch is, lower the setting, don't like how hard it is to get traction in the mud, up the setting. Personally I liked mudrunner where it was at launch. It was difficult but doable

@Stazco well not a kamaz but I have driven a few am generals. Both duce n half and 5 ton variants. It wasn't easy but I didn't stay stuck in that soupy mess they called a road lol one of the perks of growing up near a off road community in the sticks, downside was it took 2 hours to get to the closest Walmart and back lol

@kingnightshadow
fuller RTO 15 + 18 speed have 3 reverse gears
MB UNIMOG with reversing gear up to 16 reverse gears
ZF TraXon 3 and 4 reverse as an option

@64Pacific I've never heard of a vehicle with multiple reverse gears? What's it called, I'd love to learn more about it, cus that sounds awesome

My truck is a 1964 Pacific.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBNZO1k198I

Originally built with a 5 speed main transmission (gears 1-5 + Reverse) off of the engine then a short drive shaft to the auxiliary transmission which is four additional gears (in my case Low Low, Low, Direct and Overdrive) and then the final drive shaft to the rear ends.

Spoiler, this might be a little long winded...

Typically you will start off in 1st in the main and Low Low in the auxiliary, then shift the auxiliary to Low while keeping the main in 1st, continue working up through auxiliary gears until you reach 1st and Overdrive - these are split shifts since you are splitting each gear in the main transmission. When you have run 1st and Overdrive out your next shift is to 2nd in the main trans while you bring the auxiliary back to Low Low, work back up through the four auxiliary gears and then do it all over again for 3rd, 4th and 5th in the main transmission. The same can be done for reverse, stick the main transmission in reverse and auxiliary in Low Low and shift the auxiliary up through its four gears.

That's not too bad, but wait it gets a little more interesting, keep in mind these are non-synchronized transmissions and a diesel should be run in a relatively narrow RPM band between peak torque and maximum horsepower...

Depending upon the gear ratios in the two transmissions you may have to skip certain gears as the ratios aren't progressive meaning you will have to slow down to make the next up shift. In my truck with the setup that it will have after the restoration is complete shifting from 1st and Overdrive to 2nd and Low Low would require too much of an RPM change forcing me to slow down to nearly a crawl to make the shift (these are non progressive gears) but if i shifted to 2nd and Low then the shift would be smooth and I would continue on without missing a beat. The image below illustrates each shift and the resultant road speed (shifts on the bottom, and road speed on the vertical axis); as I look at the chart it is by no means perfect but hopefully helps to illustrate the above - in a perfectly progressive transmission there would be a nice curve approximation to the chart without the sharp drops with some gears. Notice the line between shifts 4 (1st gear and Overdrive) and 5 (2nd gear and Low Low), in order for me to make this fifth shift I would have to slow the truck but if I skipped 2nd and Low Low and went to 2nd and Low (6th shift) I would have a nice progressive increase in my road speed. Shifts.JPG

last edited by 64Pacific

@thombuggy that is interesting, I've honestly never heard of anything having multiple reverse gears before " invert more you know rainbow star "

@zamal @Unster I know it looks like oil, but the tires dont look oily and i doubt they would leave so long oil trails.
Also in the game wet mud looks oily just like in this picture Diesel_productv2_snowrunner_home_SnowRunner_screenshot_06_nologo-1920x1080-d404dd821eadd50cd30c5a2381f885624bccf5ba.jpg

last edited by TheSaltySalt

@TheSaltySalt Its probably the build. i suspect the color table to be much better by launch.

@kingnightshadow i dont mind, it looks good either way 😍 . also if either one of us is right it would still be really cool. first time i would see a tire drag oil around and leave an oily tire track in a video game. 👍🏻

last edited by TheSaltySalt

@thombuggy that is interesting, I've honestly never heard of anything having multiple reverse gears before

It is actually pretty common for certain categories.
Think about it:
Engine produces some RPM, you slow them down with a gearbox that usually has 5 gears - 5 different outputs. Then there is (for certain categories) reduction gearbox, that does exactly same thing once again (usually 2 gears but there are exceptions ( @64Pacific )).
Each gearbox multiply whatever you are able to send in it, so if you have 1 reverse on your primary gearbox, you'll get 2 after it goes through reduction.

Like this, Tatra 813 claims up to 20 gears forward and 4 backward.

Thing is, that this is not how it works in MR universe and I really REALLY hope it will be a thing in SR...

@64Pacific
twin stick shifting very interesting to change gear

@TheSaltySalt i dont think its the oil in that picture, most likely its just post processing of image Fucking up the colors or not finished product, cause if u look behind the fence whole mud road looks like that so most likely not oil and as u said there is no oil in water soo