RNG Rant

I'm pretty sure this has been said, but the random number generator in BB2 has to be broken. I've seen 1 and 2 nearly half the time and 3-5 a third of the time, and 6 is like a rare unicorn.

I've seen more 2+ rolls that end in 1 reroll 1 almost every BB2 game I've played than I have seen in 4 seasons of tabletop blood bowl games.

When the number generator comes up with a number, it seems like even if you want to reroll the result, it likes to keep the result for the other roll. I've rarely seen anything come up that it needs to.

It also seems like when playing against the computer, the better the player is doing, the worst the rolls get as well. I'm not sure if it is something that is/has been looked into, but I can't believe I would be the only person to complain about this. I see a 67% chance of success and go "Ok, so there is an 80% chance of failure without a reroll." It has gotten to the point that if I see a 67% chance and I don't want to risk a reroll, I don't take it.

It doesn't seem like that is what the RNG does. My post was mostly a rant because it seems like I always lose matches to RNG. 3+ to pick up the ball, fail 2-4 times in a row nearly every game except for the computer who seems to pass on a 4+ fairly regularly.

Need a 3+ to dodge out of a tackle zone, 80% of the time need a re-roll to succeed.

I've had several instances of block dice coming up all skulls several times with a reroll. In 5 years of playing tabletop, I only had that happen once and seen it maybe 3 other times. Playing BB2 for 32 hours I've seen it 7 times.

I either must have the worst luck in my games as these are both on me and PC and Human opponents, but the RNG on BB2 seems to be favoring the low end.

@TR_ said in RNG Rant:

I've had several instances of block dice coming up all skulls several times with a reroll. In 5 years of playing tabletop, I only had that happen once and seen it maybe 3 other times.

Lucky you - in one of my last tabletop tournaments I managed it in two consecutive turns (both as the first action of my turn), and in between my opponent managed it as well (on his second block) - in 3 turns my opponent and I had made 4 blocks, and 3 of them came up double skull/reroll/double skull - it happens.