Launch Q&A

Hello dear developer team,
I hope you can help me with my question:

Is the multiplayer running on servers or does the host start a "private server"?

Because i am from germany and it tends to get pretty laggy if i play with my brother but other games like cod are not lagging for us.

Hope you can get this fixed
Greetings from germany

i'm also pretty happy with the game as-is. I have a physical copy, and I have taken steps to not allow my ps4 an internet connection. i'm a little annoyed that a 7gb game has an 8gb day one patch, but it's not a huge problem.

if I was to choose one thing that does irritate me, it's that there is no option that I can find to reverse the Y axis camera controls.

"Hello dear developer team,
I hope you can help me with my question:

Is the multiplayer running on servers or does the host start a "private server"?

Because i am from germany and it tends to get pretty laggy if i play with my brother but other games like cod are not lagging for us."

@Dominik1709 It is like it is for mud runners co-op. You join a friends game as he is the host.
But this time anyone can use the vehicles. Only the host vehicles are shown unlike mud runners had a copy of each vehicle per player.
You start with 2 vehicles 1 is broken down and undriveable until you get your garage. Then after you find the first watchtower and locate your delivery truck now there is 3. Then you can go find another truck for the 4th player.
The host could also locate these thrucks in single player before getting on co-op.

last edited by viper278

Hi I have started the game and my friend and I are trying to go to the quarry in Russia and the tunnels are saying they are blocked is there a way to unblock them or are those arias coming in a later update

@Magnusthedog complete missions mate and it will unlock, point of the game

Hi @Jellyfoosh,
will you be adding Navistar 5000-MV for all owners of SnowRunner Premium Edition or Season Pass owners?
I wouldn't want to miss a vehicle just by purchasing the Premium Edition two days after game release.

Many games do this now, e.g.:
Star Wars: Jedi the Fallen Order;
Battlefield 1;
World War Z 😉

It could be a part of Season Pass or as a separate DLC so pre-orders would get it for free and everyone else could buy it if they want.

Oh, I've just seen you can buy it separately on consoles PS4 and Xbox One, but not on PC. Please add Navistar 5000-MV to EGS.

Navistar_5000_MV.png

last edited by Deadlock_

Could anyone please tell me, why me and my friends can't get full co-op experience? Why the only player, that receives the unlockables, is the host player??? That's absolutely insane, that thing solely ruins the game entirely and you blatantly lied about the synchronized progression for all players in co-op mode. Would the problem with co-op unlocks be addressed and fixed?

the publisher has stated from the beginning that in co-op that the host is the only player to retain progress and vehicles found.
The other players only get XP points and money.
What my friend and I do is we rotate host games. That way we can balance out somehow. But he had played more hours that I did and had quite a few missions more than me.
But that don't bother me. It was the same for spin tires and mud runners so I don't mind.

Are all these multiplayer problems on PC? I'm on console but I haven't even touched multiplayer yet, in case I lose all my progress or trucks or something 😅

@Deadlock_ said in Launch Q&A:

Hi @Jellyfoosh,
will you be adding Navistar 5000-MV for all owners of SnowRunner Premium Edition or Season Pass owners?
I wouldn't want to miss a vehicle just by purchasing the Premium Edition two days after game release.

Many games do this now, e.g.:
Star Wars: Jedi the Fallen Order;
Battlefield 1;
World War Z 😉

It could be a part of Season Pass or as a separate DLC so pre-orders would get it for free and everyone else could buy it if they want.

Oh, I've just seen you can buy it separately on consoles PS4 and Xbox One, but not on PC. Please add Navistar 5000-MV to EGS.

Navistar_5000_MV.png

As he writes.

last edited by Lorindes

@viper278

the publisher has stated from the beginning that in co-op that the host is the only player to retain progress and vehicles found.

Is that so? So what in the world is that, exactly in the same topic???

Q: How will Multiplayer work?
Multiplayer in SnowRunner, which can reach a total of 4 players, has improved a lot since the previous game. Everything is synchronized, such as lights, tire tracks, and sounds.

The entire game can be played from start to finish in co-op. Players who are invited to join their friend’s game will be playing the missions available to the host.

While the guest won’t receive mission progression, they will be able to earn xp and money, as well as unlock upgrades and new vehicles, which will be kept when they go back to their own game.
Players keep their own fleet of vehicles when joining a friend’s game, but can switch to vehicles left on the map by any player in the game.

And I would additionally highlight the most interesting part:

AS WELL AS UNLOCK UPGRADES AND NEW VEHICLES

Of course, you may go to the beautiful world of wordsmith and notice, that basically, each player do unlock the new vehicles in the co-op, but I feel myself cheated, since that statement above doesn't really tells the truth about the game, because the only player, that would get an instance of an unlockable item, is the host player, and the others would just receive an ability to buy some hugely priced vehicle, with the money, that the host player would spent on a modifications, so the guest players are doomed to forever drag behind the host or would need to also play in their own worlds, which is a cheap way to increase the game's duration, while the game itself, let's put it that way, not so rich with it's gameplay variety.

And you know, if there were some bad decisions made in the two previous games, that me myself, for example, haven't even played, that doesn't mean, that it is OK to have those bad decisions made third time, more so, it tells something about the developer's ability to make game-breaking decisions. While the core game gameplay-wise is just beautiful in co-op, that progression shenanigans, when I found the first new vehicle and then found out, that I can't do a damn thing with it, since it's a host's property, have solely punched out all the desire to play this game, and I can't even refund it, since we played the game for like 5 hours until that horrible "feature" has been discovered. It really needs to be addressed and fixed, if someone wants to have that type of progression system saved - it's ok, make a shared progression as an option, but right now this game is simply unplayable in co-op.

Hi guys, How come it says 39.99 on Epic but on my end the price is 59.99

@Gabe_3-0 said in Launch Q&A:

Hi guys, How come it says 39.99 on Epic but on my end the price is 59.99

Is it different currencies maybe?

@Gabe_3-0
39.99 is the price of the standard game
59.99 it is premium edition
Premium Edition content

SnowRunner (original game)
Season Pass

@thombuggy

Not possible, on my end Epic is asking for 100 dollars for Premium and 60 dollars for standard. There's no way I'm paying 100 dollars unless I'd have a Virtual reality headset and could walk around and freeze my butt off!

2020-05-05 11_32_58-Epic Games Launcher.png

@8x8

I think the currency is SCREWED on my side of the world. 60 dollars is too much. 40 sounds reasonable for a new release like this. Premium here can cost you 100 dollars! I am in Australia.

@Gabe_3-0

You have regional price in Australian Dollars (A$).

Base game costs $40 (American Dollars) and Premium Edition costs $60 (American Dollars)

Therefore the price looks to be higher on Epic Store front for you, but in fact you pay fair price like everybody else.

In fact you actually pay less for it than if the game was on Steam since, if I recall correctly Australian Government put additional tax on Steam like +10%.

60 AUD converted to USD
60_AUD_convert_to_US.png

91 AUD converted to USD
91_AUD_convert_to_US.png

last edited by Deadlock_

@rians You can get flat tires from accidents or running to fast on a big rock , it happend to me once
i was able to fix it with spare parts tho

My whole progress just reset and I'm back at level 1
Can I get my progress back