Launch Q&A

@kingnightshadow said in Launch Q&A:

Also something else I've noticed, the clip with the semi, like in real life, you have to stop to engage diff lock/all wheel drive. That's very accurate

We'll have to test this in the game. It's possible the player stopped before he engaged the diff lock, but he didn't have to.

@Unster that is true, but being the button you have to press is labeled as the clutch. Well then again it could be named that way just cus it's a vehicle theme

@kingnightshadow In real life a lot of vehicles (at least light vehicles) the diff lock and all wheel drive can be engaged adn disengaged while driving at low speeds (up until around 30km/h for most).
On the top of my head I can list a few that have this: Peugeot P4, Landrover Defender and discovery, Toyota landcruiser (for those that engage the diff-lock in the cabin and not on the wheels).

Something I learned from game clips, crash your truck enough to get damage twice to get both tutorial screens about it out of the way early. Since I'm a achievement hunter, it's fun to perfect games, but I'm kinda sad it's not a dedicated tutorial stage like in mudrunner, cus knowing my luck a tutorial pop up will come up right as I need to winch quickly to stop from turning my truck over. Also something else I've noticed, the clip with the semi, like in real life, you have to stop to engage diff lock/all wheel drive. That's very accurate

no, ppl just press clutch and turn awd, diff and low at any speed(
I ve tried to restrict my playstyle, stopping for it in mr. no, its not working, ppl are weak...so only game restriction in already so anticipated Hard mode.
By the way AWD can be switched while driving on some vehicles (scouts), at low or even high speed.
To get low/diff - yes, you must stop.

As for quick winching - i imagine how you (in rl!) blame your wife for sms while your 6x6 started to flip, and say it to vehicle owner - sir, you know, i got sms, and it didnt let me to: stop/free winch cable/reach with it nearest tree/wrap tree with the soft cord/attach winch to it/return to the vehicle/ turn winch on and save our truck!
damn these sms!))) 🤣 😂

last edited by Stazco

Well I hope the hardcore mode is worth the wait. It’ll be a nice reason to replay the campaign, especially when it’s a sandbox game so you most def won’t play through the same way. Does anyone remember when hardcore in mudrunner used to not allow the steering axles to lock. They updated the game after a couple months and changed it. I was disappointed to see the game made easier

"Season Pass content includes new vehicles, maps, missions, and features such as logging and breakable ice."

The way I read this is, if you do not own the season pass, you will not have access to breakable ice.

Seems a bit of a low blow.

@Stazco oh, I didn't know that. I always slowed down. And lol dude I think the corona virus shelter in place is getting to you 😂

@stirmygnat that was a big caused by inactive code I think.

@driftindropbear I think they mentioned it before already. The environment is in sync, so if you encountered a hole and ruined it, pretty much your friends next to you can either got into it or find their way around (if you notify them :D)

Not being able to replay missions is a strange choice to make. You should be able to replay any mission youve completed, so you can enjoy trying different vehicles/methods/routes, but obviously the rewards should only be given the first time.

@Crumpy2 said in Launch Q&A:

Not being able to replay missions is a strange choice to make. You should be able to replay any mission youve completed, so you can enjoy trying different vehicles/methods/routes, but obviously the rewards should only be given the first time.

Yes, this no longer feels like Mudrunner. It looks like a truck simulator with off-road in mind. In Mudrunner (or Spintires, for that matter), after you've completed all the maps, you could just try one map with any truck you have in mind. I am playing through all the maps for the 10th time and even now I am learning new things about routes and shortcuts. I am sure the game will be good, but, you seem to be restricted to play the way the developers seem fit, not necessarily the way you'd like. Almost like in Doom Eternal. If you don't use the tactics the developers had in mind, you will fail at the game, unlike in Doom 2016, where you could experiment and play exactly how you wanted to. I am not bashing the game. First of all, we have to wait to see. It seems I will have to wait for a while longer because my system is old and I am not sure it will handle the game until some upgrades are purchased. But, like @Unster said, it almost feels like American Trucks Simulator with mud and snow. Truck Simulator games are great. I have played and enjoyed Euro Truck Simulator 2 extensively, had dozens of trucks and hired drivers, but, at some point, I grew past it and I no longer feel the need to get back into it. In Mudrunner, though, I can and will just jump at any time and play whatever the heck I like for an hour. Snowrunner seems to limit this sandbox mode which Mudrunner (+Spintires) implemented so well. Anyway, we'll wait and see.

last edited by FirebonE

Q: Will refueling be as in Mudrunner and Spintires? I mean magic refuel where spell is casted and fuel just in microsecond jumps from cistern to fueltank of other vehicle? I mean I like fantasy games but this never was cool in Spintires and Mudrunner.

I am thinking that there will most likey be multiple save game slots - you can probably start multiple careers if you like sort of like Farmjng Simulator. Not being able to redo the missions in a particular career or save game slot makes sense to me as the missions are probably the ones where you fix the world around you (build bridges and clear land slides), once it is built / fixed the next stage and missions probably open up. We will have to wait and see what happens when we get to play but I am sure there will be a lot of repeatable objectives to keep us busy and trying new mods.

@Kosm1czny said in Launch Q&A:

Q: Will refueling be as in Mudrunner and Spintires? I mean magic refuel where spell is casted and fuel just in microsecond jumps from cistern to fueltank of other vehicle? I mean I like fantasy games but this never was cool in Spintires and Mudrunner.

Not sure what kind of realism you're expecting here. Until you can get out of the truck and walk around, any sort of realism pertaining to vehicle maintenance realism is out the window.

You're of course not suggesting that a magic spell that takes a few more seconds to cast suddenly is realistic.

@Lombra said in Launch Q&A:

You're of course not suggesting that a magic spell that takes a few more seconds to cast suddenly is realistic.

But it would be a step in the right direction.

@FirebonE

Agreed. I don't really like this rigid job system either. I much prefer the system that for example Derail Valley has (an early access train game) where jobs are randomly generated based on what you've just completed. For example, say you just hauled some logs to station A, a lumber mill. Station A then processes those logs into lumber, which then generates a new job for you to haul that lumber to station B. You can do that or another job as they are generated in a similar way. I think SR would be perfect with this kind of infinite and regenerative job system. I don't really like the idea that once you complete all the jobs on a map, there's nothing more to do. But if modders pump out new maps, maybe it's not an issue.

@Jellyfoosh the real question that needs answering is will we get working mirrors on console?

@Kosm1czny said in Launch Q&A:

it takes a couple of seconds more)
i like how it work now- its not automatic (on stations, when you jump into garage - its auto unfortunately), you can take fuel partly, also you can exchange fuel on the map from any vehicle and even passive trailers.

one thing needed in hardcore mode - cost of the fuel.

until that or mod i plan to pay for fuel via buying/selling stuff in garage...

last edited by Stazco

@Unster said in Launch Q&A:

@FirebonE

Agreed. I don't really like this rigid job system either. I much prefer the system that for example Derail Valley has (an early access train game) where jobs are randomly generated based on what you've just completed. For example, say you just hauled some logs to station A, a lumber mill. Station A then processes those logs into lumber, which then generates a new job for you to haul that lumber to station B. You can do that or another job as they are generated in a similar way. I think SR would be perfect with this kind of infinite and regenerative job system. I don't really like the idea that once you complete all the jobs on a map, there's nothing more to do. But if modders pump out new maps, maybe it's not an issue.

all contests are repeatative, some includes delivery missions, so you can enjoy bronze without hurry forever

i like you production cycle idea, after introduction of logging (it must be neverending) it would be great to use one vehicles for logs, other for planks delivery from mill to other places, already placed on maps.

last edited by Stazco

@Jellyfoosh the real question that needs answering is will we get working mirrors on console?

Yes they will be implemented in a update.this was already mentioned