What races?
  • Will there only be gangs like Necromunda or also other kind of races? For example Necrons and Chaos? Even if not on lauch maybe later down the line as DLC? ( I have never played necromunda hence I am to young for that game)

last edited by ShakerGER
  • @ShakerGER said in What races?:

Will there only be gangs like Necromunda or also other kind of races? For example Necrons and Chaos? Even if not on lauch maybe later down the line as DLC? ( I have never played necromunda hence I am to young for that game)

Neither of the two you mentioned really fit in as gangs in Necromunda (particularly the Necrons). I would not be particularly surprised if we end up with Chaos as an option though, Games Workshop seems incapable of approving a license without Chaos or Tyranids in it.

• Got to have Chaos, else you've ying with no yang.

• @Bosie said in What races?:

Got to have Chaos, else you've ying with no yang.

In the "big games" where planets and star systems are in the balance - maybe, but Necromunda as a skirmish-level game never needed Chaos as a persistent presence to function.

If in your example, ying (yin?) means the (relative) order of the Imperium and yang the chaotic evil of... Chaos... then there's precious little "law and order" in the Underhive, and none at all in the outlands.

Necromunda has zombie outbreaks, treasure miners and bounty hunters, it has raging stereoid-chomping psychopaths vs deranged cultists (but not of the Chaos variety!) and it's a breath of fresh air compared to the sameness that is most GW licenses: Empire vs Chaos, Empire vs Orks, Empire vs Tyranids... you get the picture.

• This game will be based on the original Necromunda - not the new version that Games Workshop is working on... you know, the one that includes Space Marines and Eldar....

It will be gangs and I've made a video speculating on which gangs could be potential as the starting ones (in this forum)

• @Game-kNight said in What races?:

This game will be based on the original Necromunda - not the new version that Games Workshop is working on... you know, the one that includes Space Marines and Eldar....

Please tell me that isn't real? I know they're working on a new version, but if they put Space Marines and Eldar in there they really have lost their minds completely.

• @Mekelan said in What races?:

@Game-kNight said in What races?:

This game will be based on the original Necromunda - not the new version that Games Workshop is working on... you know, the one that includes Space Marines and Eldar....

Please tell me that isn't real? I know they're working on a new version, but if they put Space Marines and Eldar in there they really have lost their minds completely.

There seems to be two versions coming as they announced in March 2017 that "Necromunda" would return as Armageddon Shadow Wars, this was a disappointing announcement that wasn't received well by the community, here is the details of that announcement:

(Source: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/03/gw-breaking-updated-necromunda-returns.html)
    Here’s the basics from our BoLS reporter on site at the GAMA trade show:

Necromunda will re-released in a new reimagined edition.
    Titled Armageddon Shadow Wars
    Rules will be almost identical to the original.
    Organized Play support will accompany the new game.
    Unlike Killteam, there is a point-based system for buying your gang.
    The game does NOT use the 40K rules, stats, etc at all.
    The game will ship with 12 factions.
    The core box will contain Blood Angels Marine Scouts and Orks

Now, on the 13th of August Games Workshop announced the rerelease of Necromunda, which is this:

(Source: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/08/40k-breaking-necromunda-returns.html)
    That’s right folks, just announced from Games Workshop, a return to Necromunda. Originally produced in 1995, the fame is set on the eponymous Hive World of Necromunda. Players take on the role of scavengers and gang members belonging to one of the great “Houses” of the Hive City, and battle for resources and supremacy.

So it is some great confusion as to what they have been doing, but I guess it is just that - New Necromunda is looking REALLY good!

• @Game-kNight thank you, that makes more sense - I only knew about the "new Necromunda" that was revealed a few weeks ago.

If GW wants to release a skirmish-level game with a Necromunda-esque gameplay but using SPESS MEHREENS then that's fine - just don't rape the Necromunda brand with it!

Much rejoicing if they're re-releasing a proper Necromunda though! Odds of me getting to play it are remote, but I can still cheer along when they do something with one of their best ever franchises!

Views
  • Looks like your connection to What races? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.