Hone your skills with the Tips Trailer!

Hello SnowRunners!

To all of you exploring the untamed wilderness and struggling through mud and snow alone or with friends, today’s Tips Trailer could mean the difference between getting stuck, and success.

Youtube Video

Newcomers may want to chase the horizon right away, but experienced drivers will know the importance of adapting their driving to the terrain, making use of All-Wheel Drive, Differential Lock, and the winch. If you get stuck, consider your options before flooring it and digging your wheels in; slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Upgrade and customize your vehicles in the garage.

SnowRunner provides you with a host of options and tools to manoeuver the most unforgiving of terrain. Use the garage to improve and tailor your trucks to your wants and needs. Increasing your Driver Rank by completing contracts will grant you access to more vehicles and upgrades, multiplying your options and improving your trucks’ capabilities.

Drive, learn, and overcome in the vast and detailed wilderness of SnowRunner, with challenges to last over a hundred hours.

Updates to look forward to!

Play with new missions, maps, vehicles, and more in the future with the Season Pass, as well as free updates to further expand your experience.

Thank you to everyone who have sent us feedback to help us resolve any technical issues. We've released two PC hotfixes so far, resolving a number of issues with coop invites, collision bugs, crash fixes, and a partial fix to the cargo duplication issue. There is much more to come, including a patch to address a crash on PS4, and other fixes on Xbox One. To any player experiencing issues, thank you for your patience while the team works to sort it out!

SnowRunner is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store. Purchase the Standard or Premium Edition now via the official store!

last edited by Jellyfoosh

Any time for wheel on conosole

There is a chance that we will find out when g29 support will be available on Ps4 ????

i´ve paid 50€ for this game, there are a lot of bugs and crashes in PS4 is a good game but a lot of issues i can't play calm this game i get very angry every moment i need to restart the game. PLEASE UPDATE this game i want back my money.

@Jellyfoosh said in Hone your skills with the Tips Trailer!:

resolving a number of issues with coop invites, collision bugs, crash fixes, and a partial fix to the cargo duplication issue

😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 And now you can tell me the story about a Cinderella.

@Jellyfoosh do you have a eta for the console patch yet as we have been waiting to long for this game breaking bug to get patched

@Cryptic_Killer46 They promised it this week, and their time is running out.

Is this some kind of wind up?
Are seriously trying to annoy people??
Are you having a laugh at our expense now you have your money???

To answer your question especially about the part “With Your Friends” NO, I’m not actually because guess what... IT DOESN’T WORK!!!

Might be of use once the game actually works.

The video may be useful for newcomers, but there's very little useful info for veteran players of the series.

Regarding the mentioned technique of going easy on the throttle when stuck in mud otherwise you sink deeper, I wish that was actually the case in the game. You rarely sink deeper. Most of the time you can power through mud even at full throttle.

Yeah this is a great video for newbees. Veteran players shouldn't need a video like this, everything they said in the video i already new so there's no need for any information for veterans.

Yes the flooring in mud works (very slowly) but you will move faster when in low and diff lock engaged, have done this many a time.

@WellAged-Gamer said in Hone your skills with the Tips Trailer!:

Yes the flooring in mud works (very slowly) but you will move faster when in low and diff lock engaged, have done this many a time.

Diff lock / AWD helps more than not flooring it. I felt in MR the benefit of not flooring it was greater than in SR where it's barely perceptible.

• When in mud, use low gear, AWD and diff lock. Slow and steady does it.

• Do not buy trailers as the video suggests, there are plenty scattered all over the map.

• Use few vehicles to place functional trailers in strategic places, for example, fuel trailers at common routes/intersections you take and recovery option will not be necessary until you complete most of the missions/tasks on maps which do not have a garage.

• If using Khan Scout vehicle, install Autonomous Scout as that particular vehicle tends to flip over quite often.

• Lastly, International PayStar 5070 is your best bet - escapes muddy situations with ease; does not flip over; capable of all Frame Addons. Personally, I use 2/3 of them - one for deliveries, one as a crane, one as fuel carrier with service trailer attached to it for repairs.

Also, as there is Trailer Store in the game, I wish we would be able to sell trailers we find and no longer have use for.

Hopefully the patch to fix crashes comes out soon. Cannot wait to continue playing this game.

@LQuidN8 said in Hone your skills with the Tips Trailer!:

Also, as there is Trailer Store in the game, I wish we would be able to sell trailers we find and no longer have use for.

You can my friend. Attach the trailer and drive into the trailer zone, open the menu and you'll see the buy button turn into a sell button for the trailer you have attached.

The only way I made money in this game in the beginning was finding all the trailers in Michigan and bringing them back to sell them lol.

Nice video! Some good stuff there.

'Tis a good vid for begginers to the series. Most the tips are great to know. I agree with some of the posts above though. Used to be able to feather the throttle a lot more effectively in MudRunner but in SnowRunner it isn't such. I find that more often than not you are just forced to floor it even with AWD/difflock. Feathering the throttle does not help to gain more grip like before in MudRunner, which to me now feels unrealistic. Also, low gear on the stock transmissions seems useless most the time when hauling medium-to-heavy loads through the mud/snow. The vehicle just bogs down right away, unlike MudRunner. Good luck on muddy hills at that point. Only fully auto will work. I'm usually forced to put it in fully 'Automatic' which then just tries its hardest and fastest to shift up to 5th gear... no ability to stay somewhere between. The moment you even try to feather or let off the gas just a touch, BAM, shifts directly from 5th or 4th down to 1st gear while stopping your forward progress in the mud... like wtf is that? Absolute crap for transmission mechanics guys. There are other transmission types available though. But only when you spend many many hours driving with the stock ones... sigh... and none of which you find are actually full on manual. When you get the Snowrunner or the Offroad (low gear) transmissions, the Hi, the Low+, and 1st gear Auto are all the same. You can use diff lock in low... that's the only difference. When shifting through only those three gears in route they make no gear change. Makes no sense. So even the special transmissions sell you short. What happened to our manual shifters from MudRunner guys!? Just wanna use 2nd gear for longer than 2 seconds, even be able to downshift to 2nd from 3rd, as would anyone. For what is essentially a driving simulator of sorts, I would feel that these mechanics should not be so subpar, especially when compared to MudRunner. Although, there have been amazing improvement to this version of the series, I would still think, essentially, the driving mechanics should have been most important. Self defeating to not put that first. It's not that fun just flooring it everywhere while your truck can't decide what gear to be in.

So, as for all of us 'exploring the untamed wilderness and struggling through mud and snow alone or with friends' …
Struggling because of janky mechanics and alone because multiplayer is broken.
As for Updates to look forward to? Not until the above is on that list. Won't be a need for new maps or vehicles otherwise.

@toxic_piano

Damn, I didn’t know that! Thanks, dude.

@Unster said in Hone your skills with the Tips Trailer!:

Diff lock / AWD helps more than not flooring it. I felt in MR the benefit of not flooring it was greater than in SR where it's barely perceptible.

agree! feathering the throttle just doesn’t work in SR!(
I spend time for low and slightly throttle, but at the end just set Auto and full throttle!
Almost no difference...its a big downgrade from MR, there it worked not bad.
I was expecting upgrade from mr to sr, i mean introducing “back & forth” tactic, which is the MOST effective way to unstuck in RL, but instead we got downgrade with above.

As for back&forth, its the main flaw of st/mr/sr physics, zero immersion.
Strange that devs don’t realize it, maybe a complete new physic model needed and they sacrifice it to keep rest of already done physics?

last edited by Stazco

@Stazco said in Hone your skills with the Tips Trailer!:

@Unster said in Hone your skills with the Tips Trailer!:

agree! feathering the throttle just doesn’t work in SR!(
I spend time for low and slightly throttle, but at the end just set Auto and full throttle!
Almost no difference...its a big downgrade from MR, there it worked not bad.
I was expecting upgrade from mr to sr, i mean introducing “back & forth” tactic, which is the MOST effective way to unstuck in RL, but instead we got downgrade with above.

As for back&forth, its the main flaw of st/mr/sr physics, zero immersion.
Strange that devs don’t realize it, maybe a complete new physic model needed and they sacrifice it to keep rest of already done physics?

No idea what you on about, in my game flooring does not work and simply gets me into mud deeper and deeper.