Will Greedfall have same sex romances like Technomancer?

One of the best things that a RPG has is the possibility to make your own character, and with Andrew I had the possibility to play a character that I could totally identify with, with the inclusion of a female protagonist I'm wondering if there will be mlm (gay/bi men) and wlw romance (lesbian/bi women) options in the game. Bioware in theory has the crown with this, but they keep disappointing their LGBTQ fanbase with some weird choices that I'm not going to talk here. There're some of us that think that Spiders can take this mantle, and a lot of us are a little scared about what Greedfall has to offer in that subject, if Spiders is going to continue this positive step forward for inclusiveness that they took with The Technomancer!

Also, friendly reminder, plz no hateful comments.

last edited by nickclark89

The Technomancer did a great job with it's gay romance. So yes, i second this, i really hope that Greedfall will include a gay romance and a lesbian romance. It would be a great move, it would enrich the game and allow Spiders to gain the continued support and loyalty of LGBTQ gamers. Personally i would really appreciate it.

last edited by Sir Drell

I will instantly buy this game if it has excellent gay romance!

@dirkjake said in Will Greedfall have same sex romances like Technomancer?:

I will instantly buy this game if it has excellent gay romance!

Haha yep. RPG with good gay romance = sale.

I would like an answer to be honest. We dont know if this game is going to have romances at all, I hope we can get news soon. Romances in games are great for many things, but for me they help you to connect with characters better and of course as gay player they let me be myself and not some random hetero-hero like in the 99% of games. For that I'm super thankful for Technomancer or Bioware games. I wish other companies have the balls, but this industry is awful with LGBTQ content.

If there were romances, what kind of romance options would you like in this game? I would be super happy with a native american warrior, native american culture was LGBTQ friendly (search Two Spirit people) and I think a gay romance with a native american fits so well. I dont know if you guys have seen Black Sails, but the main character is a bisexual pirate and it works so well too.

@nickclark89 yeah I'd be happy with a native American guy as well.

Hello,

In Greedfall you can play a man or a woman with some basic facial customisation options (skin colour, hairs, facial hairs...). You will also be able to develop your relationship with your five companions, and if you're close enough to some of them you will be able to have a romance with them, which will of course include gay/lesbian romance.

Thanks for your interest 🙂

@MarieCécile-Jacq said in Will Greedfall have same sex romances like Technomancer?:

Hello,

In Greedfall you can play a man or a woman with some basic facial customisation options (skin colour, hairs, facial hairs...). You will also be able to develop your relationship with your five companions, and if you're close enough to some of them you will be able to have a romance with them, which will of course include gay/lesbian romance.

Thank you so much for answering. That's really good to hear. I'm really excited for this game now, more than before.

Best of luck with the game. 🙂

@MarieCécile-Jacq thank you so much, this means a lot to us!!!! I'm super excited right now, I cant wait to meet those five companions 🙂

I know this is too soon, but will be the five companions romanceable? Will be the homosexual options equal to straight options or will it be like Technomancer (2 straight options and 1 gay option)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR RESPOND!!!

@MarieCécile-Jacq said in Will Greedfall have same sex romances like Technomancer?:

Hello,

Thats really great to hear!! I just hope you continue to avoid the stereotypes like you did with Andrew! Tired to see most bi males/females portrayed promiscious or cunning, we need some noble types as non straight too 😛

and ofc hopefully there will be equal choices for each orientation too 🙂

@nickclark89 Heya, unfortunately as you said it's too soon for us to reveal too much. The game presents six factions, and as the main character is from one of them (the Merchant one), your companions will be from the five other factions (Religious, Scientists, Mercenaries, Sailors an Natives). As you know we're really focusing on the narrative aspects, and important characters will all have their own stories, secrets, past, motivations giving them deep and interesting personalities.

@MarieCécile-Jacq thank you for the answer! I really like the factions approach, and of course natives are my favorite! I cant wait to know more about this game.

Also, thank you for being this communicative, after all the trainwreck that Mass Effect Andromeda was, this feels really nice as costumer! = )

@MarieCécile-Jacq Yes, thank you again. The communication is greatly appreciated.

You're welcome, thank you for following us 🙂

Very exciting news! Just found out about this game yesterday, I'll be sure to keep tabs on it's progress. Looking forward to seeing what you guys are working on! 👍🏽

And thank you for your support of gay/lesbian gamers! 🏳🌈

@MarieCécile-Jacq we are discussing the game here if you guys wanna read some feedback about romances or read our crazy comments lol

Hello,

This just put the game as top of my list for 2018. I really liked the setting, but without character customization, I felt really not interested, as I had the whole "not another male protagonist" syndrome. Please, make it clearer that you CAN play a male/female and have a bit of wiggle room to customize the character for the folks like me not familiar with your previous products. Will follow the game religiously from this point on.