Transporting trucks on trailers

Loading trucks on tlailers work fine, but we need option to secure them. I used handbreake on Scout and when i stop my truck with trailer, Scout was moving on trailer like handbreake dosen't work. (turning wheels, not slideing).

I concure

A pack/unpack feature would be neat, with graphics and all, tirestraps etcetc.

Totally agree. However, it should also work for the rest of the trucks as well. I move offroad trucks closer to the area I'm working with this way. but its a pain to keep them on the trailer. I use a crane to wench to the vehicle and press the crane into the vehicle to keep it from bouncing around.

In the first version, we only need working option to secure vehicle, but later straps and etc will be nice.

Been messing around with this. Some scouts sticks like glue, others don't. In whole it works fine. Big trucks on the big trailers and the scouts and small trucks on the smaller trailers seems to be the trick. Also loading the trucks onto the Twinsteer is nice, they stay on quite good.

This is by far the best improvement for me. Can not wait for tomorrow when I have a day off to experiment further.

After more testing, handbrake works. You need to be very gentle with throttle and break on pulling truck and it works fine.
But option to secure vehicle on trailer will be helpful.

P.S. Gooseneck Semi-Trailer - broken ramp, sometimes won't close.

last edited by Seegeth

I have done some more testing on the subject Trucks on Trailers.
Still working great, but a new problem has occurd, since the total weight of truck + trailer with truck is now pretty high, IF towing another truck it tends to always "drive ahead" it's simply faster than your main carriage thus pushing it, and that is NOT good.

A simple solution to this could be the ability to actually NOT turn on the engine of the towed truck?

Another thing noticed.
It seems like if you leave a truck without parkingbreak ontop of trailer, when you take off, the truck starts rolling back and forth on trailer, this is good news since if you enable parkingbreak it stands still, what i mean is, the state you leave your truck in could be that same for a truck towed with winch. ie:
If you leave it with enigine off it's towed with engine off, if you leave it with parking break it's towed with parkingbreak.

Ping
@Stalker666

last edited by evilomatic

With trailer attached while towing another vehicle, towed vehicle will follow your truck instead of trailer. This is noticeable when cornering.
Also, it would be great if trailers have handbrakes.

I am still having issues with the goosneck semi trailor and my trucks falling through the floor when i change truck. This is happening when I drive my own scout or truck onto the lowered ramps and on. The trucks are all withing the garage fencing.

@zenrene said in Transporting trucks on trailers:

I am still having issues with the goosneck semi trailor and my trucks falling through the floor when i change truck. This is happening when I drive my own scout or truck onto the lowered ramps and on. The trucks are all withing the garage fencing.

Hi

Some questions:

This was on the test server yes?
if so:

Wich truck did you use as a tractor?
Wich Scout did you use as scout?
Wich trailer (Gooseneck, you said it) but any other?
Wich map was it?

I've tried to replicate the bug but i cannot get any scout to fall through trailer.

Thanx for sharing

Thank you for replying. Yes I am on the test server. I have options for multiple saves in main menu. The truck i was using was the Tayga 6436. I tried with the KHAN Lo4F and the Azov 64-131.Both fall through. The trailors are the goosneck and heavy duty lowboy. I am on Zimnergorsk.

last edited by zenrene

Having tried out a few diffrent maps and set ups, I had no problem in black river using the GMC MH9500 with international loadstar. When i tried the same cab and scout set up in Zimnegorsk the problem returned

@zenrene said in Transporting trucks on trailers:

Having tried out a few diffrent maps and set ups, I had no problem in black river using the GMC MH9500 with international loadstar. When i tried the same cab and scout set up in Zimnegorsk the problem returned

Weird

I actually did the exact same setup as you describe, no problems for me?

Could it be down to what exact addons we have in our Trucks?, i doubt it, but comparing that would be tideous, try doing this:

Tayga new from store and only addon low hitch
Kahn Lo4F new from store, no addons
Gooseneck trailer
Zimnegorsk at 13:00 hours.

Ok I just tried that set up and still fell through

Tried that in drowned lands no problems

The only difference is I set up truck first then bring scout out off garage

I’m using Xbox controlller on pc