PTS Patch Notes 22.05

@esorokin any news on a fix for same router co-op yet, I can't find any free VPN to let me play with my brother on the same router

@Tigron said in PTS Patch Notes 22.05:

disable auto reverse when in auto mode.

Disable auto on an auto mode? um.. no! Every other driving game that uses auto just goes to reverse when stopped. Why should this game be different? The shifter itself is already very different from any other manual shifter I have seen in other games. Reverse is not auto there. A better request would be to have the High gear act more like Auto does now, but will stall out in 1st if at low rev. Some vehicles High gear does not make sense as it slows the vehicle if you were in top gear on Auto.

It already is an option.

Co-op on same router fixed?

@esorokin said in PTS Patch Notes 22.05:

Modding

Added subscription counter in mods UI
Supported proper mod preview display in truck store
Mod download status in now displayed in the mods menu
Supported free camera in polygon
Added scrollbar in the mods menu
Art improvements for summer and winter polygons

Please god tell me you guys are working on supporting modding for co-op.
Me and my friend have put this game aside until this changes.
There are so many great mods and we can't use any. We are not interested in single player.

@BlueZulu said in PTS Patch Notes 22.05:

@Dexadrinne yes using the g920 wheel and shifter and all now works perfect on test server. Still says no buttons are mapped but wheel and pedals sorted plus shifter works great with each gear replicated. FFB is exceptional, to go from nothing to this is fantastic especially pushing some of the sliders up to increase forces, brilliant fun.

Well that is good news for you and others that have the logitech wheel package setup 🙂 I REALLY hope the put in the Thrustmaster TH8 Shifter.
My T300 FFB feels good on default and it looks like there are settings to improve upon. But everytime i look to my left the shifter has a sad face on it.

last edited by Dexadrinne

What did u do with cdts? my game crashes, when i use my mod... I cant spawn it through menu, but i can buy it.... In 4.xx this mod work perfect.

@esorokin In response to the G920 not working. I posted this in the pts-bugs report channel on discord before this patch.

Attempted to use my G920 on the Beta server for PC, but it seems the game no longer detects this wheel(for me at least). Things ive tried, Using a clean save, using a previous save, rebooting pc (just in case), moving settings file from previous version.On the non beta server it detects just fine so im assuming this is a bug but wanted to leave this here anyways so it could get looked into at some point, thanks.

Im still having the same issue, I boot up the game and theres just no detection at all. If I go back to the ver 4.10 (which ever version is live atm) it detects it perfectly fine.

"Fixed a bug when the discovery of a vehicle as a guest added up to the vehicles discovered in solo".

This was not a bug in my eyes. So it's official, you don't want the two players to be able to move forward together when we play Coop? This game will therefore NOT be a real coop, just a game or a friend helps the other to evolve, and if you want to evolve too, you have to re-unlock ALL a second time?

Strange, and in my eyes, it will annoy many people (I very often see this criticism on youtube videos). I am not the only one to think so.

Technically it is possible since it worked by accident, and you removed it ... Too bad in my eyes to go in this direction.
Anyway, it's not me who decides.

In addition, it forces us to get around this every night. We only play two, and each end of the game, we share the host's save so as not to lose progress. Which is not practical, because we have to "customize" our preferred choices at each session.

@rafistole said in PTS Patch Notes 22.05:

"Fixed a bug when the discovery of a vehicle as a guest added up to the vehicles discovered in solo".

I think they were trying to say, if you've already discovered the truck in solo, and that counts as the 8'th truck. Discovering the same truck again won't add to that.

@Tiger1357 said in PTS Patch Notes 22.05:

Disable auto on an auto mode? um.. no! Every other driving game that uses auto just goes to reverse when stopped. Why should this game be different? The shifter itself is already very different from any other manual shifter I have seen in other games. Reverse is not auto there. A better request would be to have the High gear act more like Auto does now, but will stall out in 1st if at low rev. Some vehicles High gear does not make sense as it slows the vehicle if you were in top gear on Auto.

That is not quite true. I made some investigation on gears. You do not have complete replacement for auto. https://forums.focus-home.com/post/168147
You still have to use it in most of the cases, and auto reversing is very annoying, when you play with the wheel and wants to hold you car on slope with the front breaks, without applying hand-break for rears each time.
As I told, we need this as an option for those who really need it. Unless developers will add a true manual gear with proportional gas and working clutch, so wheels and pedal guys may limit the output power and revs on the ground. But I do not think it is possible, as it will show the simplicity of mud physics model of the game and make it too easy.

@Tigron Okay, well for the reason of a wheel, I can get that. How does Auto work on other games with a wheel tho? Is there an option to disable on them? I don't have a wheel as there is no space in my setup, but there are times when I wished I had one, so I am curious how that would work.

@Tiger1357 In most of the racing games you have an option to disable auto reversing by switching into manual sequential gearbox or H-shifter with clutch.
Some require you to press twice to switch into reverse in auto (and this is correct). SR is the one of the few games that switch auto into reverse just by press and hold, so you cannot effectively keep your car on slope with a break and have to apply hand-break each time.

"Supported rebind for additional features (camera, map, profile, truck controls)"

finally thank you!!!!! i havnt checked it yet but if there also is camera reset as was in MR it will be perfect on legacy cam!

Finally I can load on the trailer, but I get a slower reaction by depressing the clutch and then the ability to engage all-wheel drive. I was used to depress the clutch and immediately press Y or X and now I have to wait a while and click, otherwise I turn on the winch instead of coll. When moving to the next part of the map, the vehicle cannot be released, it only works when I go to the profile information and back.
And again, some task cannot be completed, I have to repair the car and they do not show up in the repair offer for the service trailer.
Save from the test server does not go for a normal game, so I had to start from the beginning. In a normal game, what does not work on the test server does and what works on the test server does not go back in the normal game, so one has to choose what to play.
Here my snowrunner playlist on YouTube
link text

last edited by wendafonCZ

@esorokin All of this hard work and awesome changes makes me feel all...... juicey.

Any plans to fix the useless camera when dragging on the ramped flatbed trailer? Every other trailer we can look behind the truck, except this one...

@lord_nuker said in PTS Patch Notes 22.05:

Any plans to fix the useless camera when dragging on the ramped flatbed trailer? Every other trailer we can look behind the truck, except this one...

i confirm this bug, please fix!
(xbox)

@grimdanfango just play the game as would normally play)