Poor frame rate at times, even though GPU no where near at load?

Most of the time Sandstorm will play at my locked 60fps, but sometimes, maybe in certain areas of maps, my frame rate drops down to 40-50, even though I can see my GPU is little more than 50% in use. And the CPU is no where near full use, or though if I recall core 1 can at times being hit quite hard?

I've even lowered detail and no difference.

I'm on I4790K with a NVidia 1070, on a 2560X1440 monitor...

UE utilises CPU and GPU, i have a i7 4790k and 1080ti and im running 1080p solid 60 with very high textures, TSAA AA and everything else in medium/low because going higher for other options just produces worse performance for no visual fidelity gain.

play with ur settings, shadows and ambient occlusion are rough on performance, the view distance slider is also a performance nuke with no visual difference i can easily spot, failing that try playing on 1080p since your gpu is underrated for 1440p

last edited by Depleted

Quad-core CPUs even with SMT do bottleneck GTX1060 and above in games heavily reliant on CPU power.

Here's a snapshot of me running between 45-55fps. Note CPU and GPU completely under utilised!

The game should be running at a constant 60FPS! Why isn't it?

alt text

last edited by NeilFawcett

And here's an even more clear example of the terrible FPS at times... With the CPU and GPU under used... 39 FPS with a GPU a little more than half used!?

alt text

And here's me playing Rainbow 6 Seige at High/Ultra details. Note perfect constant 60fps...

alt text

@Arc said in Poor frame rate at times, even though GPU no where near at load?:

Quad-core CPUs even with SMT do bottleneck GTX1060 and above in games heavily reliant on CPU power.

I have a 1070...

And as you can see from my stats, the CPU and GPU and not being worked hard when my frame rate is dropping down in to the 30s/40s...

So is this just a performance bug in the game/engine that has to be accepted? 😞

Create a support ticket 🙂

@MrHello said in Poor frame rate at times, even though GPU no where near at load?:

Create a support ticket 🙂

Reported...

It seems to happen (more) during defend stages...

Im on rtx 2080 ti on 4k, ultra settings and i still have drops to 45 50 fps in some areas... so i think its the game not your rigs... because in other more denanding games im not going under 60 fps too often...

@Nonasing said in Poor frame rate at times, even though GPU no where near at load?:

Im on rtx 2080 ti on 4k, ultra settings and i still have drops to 45 50 fps in some areas... so i think its the game not your rigs... because in other more denanding games im not going under 60 fps too often...

I lowered my settings down even more last night, and was still getting slow down to 40 to 50fps, again seeming in defend periods... Again with my CPU and GPU only at about half use...

And three days on, no response to my ticket 😞

Still no support response to my ticket!

12-Jun - Still no response... Over a week!

You wont get a response from the developers unless you're pestering them on reddit, they never come here, they ignore this place.

People expect way too much from the ins devs, they are like the neglectful father figure who disappears on your mother and leaves you with a arsed caked in shite.
They can't even be fucked to read their own forums and acknowledge common problems and issues people have with their game, instead they use fucking buzzfeed meta searches on reddit.

Yep, no response to the ticket even after all this time...