PTS Patch Notes 26/05

@Jellyfoosh In a mission where you need to tow to a White Western Star garage, you cannot repair it or refuel with a service add-on

@Taco29 are the invisible trucks mods? Some of the mods weren't displaying correctly in the truck store for me.

Please make the GPS display in feet instead of tenths of a mile.

@FOXCRF450RIDER said in PTS Patch Notes 26/05:

ruck store f

Nope. I just installed 1 truck by subscribing to it, I didn't add gearbox on keyboard or No camera collision. I didn't change any original file.

Hey guys! What about the "third player always disconnects" bug?

@Tigron said in PTS Patch Notes 26/05:

May I ask the developers, when are you going to merge main and PTS? What are development plans? When are the seasons planned (at least which month)?
Because not we have PTS that has some good features, that supposed to be in the game from day 1, but get more broken from day to day. And Main game completely abandoned. How do I suppose to manage my game progress in all this mess?
I just want to play with my steering wheel and don't want to spoil the game for myself, and I do not want to play it on PTS and then suddenly get it closed when I am at 99%.
Understand me correct, I am not against PTS. It is a great tool really necessary for such a buggy game. But there are supposed to be some project management. Some goals, some deadlines, some evaluation and measures to improve the situation. Or is it going to be the same development mess till the end?

There won't be any merging that you are talking about , PTS is one game , and Live server is another, the PTS is for testing the coming patch that they want release for Live, that is all, and it looks like you kind of understand that, but progress made on PTS will never carry over to Live, just a heads up so you (and others) don't continue your progress on PTS.

Also when having a PTS server running that serverplatform may also not likely have the same backbone resources as the Live servers, thus may feel laggy and unstable.
Further more, testing on PTS servers are not sometimes only related to the gamecode (patch) itslef, it can be hardware testing, network testing , account managment testing etcetc.
So my recomendation is: DON'T "Play" on the PTS server as your main experience, play it for what its ment for, testing.
They might even shut it down when this testing is over, just to clarify.

last edited by evilomatic

@Taco29 If they are Transparent, they have no Collission, its just made Visible. As soon as you moved the Vehicle youre in a few meters, they turn solid and get Collission. I dont know why they are ghosted in that kind of Situation, but now you have a clear indicator if Collission is active. At least that is how it worked for me so far.

It makes sense if you spawn another vehicle over an existing one, if you leave Garage for example, and to see if your truck is ghostet if you want to load it onto a trailer 😉

@Filokwarq I know that, but there is no reason after a patch all my trucks become ghosted.

@Taco29 Everytime I log in some are in some situations. As I said, i dont understand why in the situation on your Screenie, but it may make sense to prevent the bouncing-around effects when joining a session or enter a zone or game etc.

May be a workaround, just wanted to explain why they are ghostet, the question came in discord as well several times already

@evilomatic said in PTS Patch Notes 26/05:

There won't be any merging that you are talking about , PTS is one game , and Live server is another, the PTS is for testing the coming patch that they want release for Live, that is all, and it looks like you kind of understand that, but progress made on PTS will never carry over to Live, just a heads up so you (and others) don't continue your progress on PTS.
Also when having a PTS server running that serverplatform may also not likely have the same backbone resources as the Live servers, thus may feel laggy and unstable.
Further more, testing on PTS servers are not sometimes only related to the gamecode (patch) itslef, it can be hardware testing, network testing , account managment testing etcetc.
So my recomendation is: DON'T "Play" on the PTS server as your main experience, play it for what its ment for, testing.
They might even shut it down when this testing is over, just to clarify.

I don't know why you arguing with me? As you just repeated the things I have said in my post.
I know that there will be no progress transport from PTS to Live, as the DEVs told about this in PTS disclaimer.
My problem is, that since PTS get started, there were no major upgrade to live at all. I have stopped my progress in Live, waiting for some feature very important for me (proper FFB, working trailers with ramps), that are already implemented in PTS relatively well. But instead I see that Live got abandoned, and PTS get more and more broken with each "fix". If I was able to say that previous PTS build was more or less ready to go live, current 2020/05/26 is completely not, considering the huge amount of negative feedback we have in less then 1 day in this thread. The childish programming errors we have, that clearly states that there is NO quality control of what is going public at all. That makes me concern a lot.🤔

My problem is, that since PTS get started, there were no major upgrade to live at all.
The childish programming errors we have, that clearly states that there is NO quality control of what is going public at all. That makes me concern a lot.🤔

Well. I asked that Question myself and got Feedback from Wannabees instead of Community-People, dont feed the Trolls. My guess is they dont know and thats why they dont make a comment here, or they simply dont read it, I dont think they have time for every post.

However, I hope for the same, but gave up on PTR as the main playground and turned back to Live.

I dont agree with you last comment, and thats basically the main reason why I reply. Just because you have bad Quality does not mean there is no QA as such, it just means if there is QA, they have to improve it, cause they obviously have no working process to prevent such things going live. On the other side, if I would have do make the Decision to release this patch to PTR with this bug or dont release a Patch to PTR, I may have decided so to, its a small bug, no showstopper, other things may be more important to test and get feedback.

I could explain possible reason for Bugs in Releases for hours 😃 I agree that there are issues with Quality, for whatever reason, but I would not agree to your statement at all. There are better ways to criticise than getting personal.

...But instead I see that Live got abandoned...

You realise it's been a whole SIX DAYS since the PTS went live, and the last patch on the Live branch, right?

You have a strange definition of "abandoned".

They've stated that, dependent on how testing progresses, they're aiming to release a patch to Live this week. That might happen, it might not, but what part of that says "abandoned" to you?

They're testing things publically on the PTS specifically so that they don't end up with regression bugs on the Live branch, because they know how much indignant ranting that causes. Of course there's going to be regressions on the test server, that's why there's a test server.

Maybe you could change the mouse cursor to white or other more visible color on PC version? Now its black with a little white line on the bottom and is very hard to locate it on the screen when you need it...

@Tigron

Im not arguing with you, and the explanation was not only ment for you but for others that read this thread.

I have to agree what @grimdanfango said, it's not even been ONE week with PTS and you say Live has been abandoned, i think you need a reallity check.

Also you say that PTS get more and more broken, well this might come as a surprise for you, thats the whole idea with a TEST server, to launch functions and to TEST them and make them break and get reports back what do work and whats not, jesus how hard can it be to understand how a test server works?

@evilomatic said in PTS Patch Notes 26/05:

Game crash report everytime you exit game

I have it too.

May I ask the developers, when are you going to merge main and PTS? What are development plans? When are the seasons planned (at least which month)?
Because not we have PTS that has some good features, that supposed to be in the game from day 1, but get more broken from day to day. And Main game completely abandoned. How do I suppose to manage my game progress in all this mess?
I just want to play with my steering wheel and don't want to spoil the game for myself, and I do not want to play it on PTS and then suddenly get it closed when I am at 99%.
Understand me correct, I am not against PTS. It is a great tool really necessary for such a buggy game. But there are supposed to be some project management. Some goals, some deadlines, some evaluation and measures to improve the situation. Or is it going to be the same development mess till the end?

I would like to what plan is as well because I feel we should be in phase 1 with the Russian winter map right now because according to the road map trailer after a few weeks after the game release (which it has been already) we should have receive the update. I get it that they want to deal with the game breaking bugs and major issues right now. But just releasing the fourth map is not going to keep the community attention for long since there is only three contract missions for us to do. I hope they turn and burn and release the Russian winter map right behind it.

@Nonasing said in PTS Patch Notes 26/05:

Maybe you could change the mouse cursor to white or other more visible color on PC version? Now its black with a little white line on the bottom and is very hard to locate it on the screen when you need it...

That's a great idea... I'm constantly waving the mouse around until my eyes catch the motion, to know where it's wandered off to. I'd go further than white though... let us configure the colour maybe, so we can make it contrast heavily with the background if we want to (magenta or green or something).

Yeah white no good cause it will be invisible in alaska... but maybe bigger or customised colors yes...

I have tried my Logitech G29 on this patch and I still cannot get it to work, I have tried using the Logitech G29 preset, nothing. I have tried using the custom and assigning buttons myself, boxes still stay empty when pressing any button on my wheel. I have tried doing the workaround by adding the .exe to Logitech G Hub, still nothing and I have also tried reinstalling G Hub but still no luck.

@Dexadrinne said in PTS Patch Notes 26/05:

Just played 1 hour with the T300 rs and it was a blast. I hope that the Thrustmaster TH8 RS will be added to please. Just as the G29 shifter has been 🙂

Its a blast!? A FFB without any kind of springs , road objects such rocks and trees on the ground or engine vibration!? Just Tyre Friction and nothing else. Its a good step in right direction but this is not good Force Feedback at all!

@czajnik84 said in PTS Patch Notes 26/05:

In a mission where you need to tow to a White Western Star garage, you can't refuel or repair it with a service accessory

Yes, "Fixer upper" on Silversmith Dam. Took me and a mate over 4 hours to drag the broken and fule-less heap to the garage with two Fleetstars with few upgrades and highway tyres! Was quite a challenge! Enjoyed that :smiling_face_with_open_mouth_closed_eyes:

But would have been a lot easier if it was driving!! and 150XP and £30K to sell, was a lot of effort for very little profit :face_with_open_mouth_cold_sweat: Other than the laugh we had working it out! Especially with the plethora of bugs to work around. Every patch seems to bring more and more, and the old ones don't go away either! What happened to the winch? that was fine. Now it either doesn't work at all (can't connect) or as soon as you attach it it pulls and you cant stop it or turn it off 😖 Makes life fun i guess!! 🤣 I like a challenge! 👍🏻