Nightfall : Okay, I'm hyped.

Just saw your nightfall website ( https://sandstorm.game/nightfall/ ).
I'm definitely hyped, devs, well done ! lol

Can't wait, thank you very much  : )

I don't quite get the Welrod, though. Looks cool, but it's so specialized I feel it's gonna be a historically wrong version of the weapon. But the other weapons ! Oh lordy !
We just need a double-barrel shotgun for the Insurgent Breacher now ^^
I bet reworked AI is also on the menu, still hiding around the corner. I sure hope it is !

Check it out, people, it looks awesome.
Buhriz makes a come back, too !

I don't quite get the Welrod, though. Looks cool, but it's so specialized I feel it's gonna be a historically wrong version of the weapon.

I felt that once I saw the weapons themselfs.I guess they're ok ?
Welrod, grease gun, sterling is this a DOI update ? 🤣

As for modern weapons we got just teh VAL and Badger

@Tiberiu Yeah, just tested everything. Quite good, I'm impressed ! Only sad thing realistically speaking is that the Welrod acts like a normal weapon. As if there was nothing in the suppressor to mess with bullet speed and trajectory. But it's fine, still, and I'm quite surprised to see AP rounds come back for such a weapon. Makes sense, since it's a slow-firing pistol.

last edited by Grumf

@Grumf said in Nightfall : Okay, I'm hyped.:

@Tiberiu Yeah, just tested everything. Quite good, I'm impressed ! Only sad thing realistically speaking is that the Welrod acts like a normal weapon. As if there was nothing in the suppressor to mess with bullet speed and trajectory. But it's fine, still, and I'm quite surprised to see AP rounds come back for such a weapon. Makes sense, since it's a slow-firing pistol.

It still operates as the single action / bolt action weapon that it is though, right? ....and yeah, it is a very specialized, SOF kind of weapon. I don't see how it really belongs in Sandstorm to be honest other than the "cool" factor I guess. It is a very quiet weapon though. .....at least for the first few shots or so until the wipes are worn out.

I'm kinda disappointed with the choice and implementation of the Honey Badger. First of all, even though the badger was designed for military, no active force that I'm aware of currently uses it. Secondly, it's kinda similar to the mk-18 even though they use different ammo and handle differently. The mk-18's handling feels good with the right amount of punch for an SBR, but the Badger feels like pea shooter - not very satisfying imo. I would've much rather they made the mk-18 a breacher exclusive rather than changing it to an advisor exclusive and just add the badger as a skin for the mk-18. As for a new breacher rifle, I was really hoping for an X-95 micro tavor.

I was also puzzled by the addition of WW2 weapons though I did enjoy using the Sterling. The UMP-45 or P-90 would've made much more sense than the grease gun..

last edited by roner