Attempt to hide crane controls?

There are some new wheel button bindings that looked like they could hide this obstructing panel so I gave them a try. But the hiding is very partial. And everything comes back as soon as the crane is moved.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

last edited by Unster

Would really be nice if there was an option to hide.

This issue remains unfixed. I sure hope it won't be released like this in the official patch.

Why do you start a new thread when we already have this discussion in one?....and in one that you also participate in?
This post would have been much more appreciated in that thread so everyone involved in it would be notified of you find, Just sayin, but hey, good find and maybe good news for us :), well done!

Link to thread for others that read this:
Please hide/move the crane controls panel already!

last edited by evilomatic

@evilomatic I started a new thread because this particular topic pertained only to the test version.

And it's still not fixed, even in today's update (5.5).

last edited by Unster

@Unster

Damn, i was hoping this would be in for the live release, but there might still be hope 🙂

I'm afraid this might be harder for them to complete than i first thought.

If you go to settings and hide hud, the buttons for crane stop working, wich means they are in some way tied to the UI to work, thus if hiding the UI the key stop working.? i'm just speculating now. But try it youselves and give some feedback here.

@evilomatic That would be a terrible design. It makes absolutely no sense. The showing of a sprite should in no way be related to input functionality.

@evilomatic said in Attempt to hide crane controls?:

I'm afraid this might be harder for them to complete than i first thought.

If you go to settings and hide hud, the buttons for crane stop working, wich means they are in some way tied to the UI to work, thus if hiding the UI the key stop working.? i'm just speculating now. But try it youselves and give some feedback here.

many buttons doesnt work in hud-off mode (xbox)

@Unster

Hey don't blame me, im not the programmer 🙂 , i agree totally

@evilomatic Don't worry, I wasn't blaming you in any way. BTW I'm a programmer myself and this approach doesn't make any sense. Somebody at Saber either over-engineered this or wasn't thinking at all.

They haven't fixed this yet?
I have walked away from the game until they straighten it all out.
Yeah it was playable but I have come to the conclusion that I rather it be properly finished before I continue with it any further.

@Flatire
wait...you dont play because of crane controls?...
really?))))

a lot of ppl find these controls fine,
and many, on crossroads, dont rush forward (or back home )on red light if they cant see the traffic light - they just bend the neck to see the light...

last edited by Stazco

Like I was trying to explain in the other thread, if the devs fix and properly adjust the camera, the crane controls panel will not be in the way anymore. Hiding the conrols panel would just be a workaround for the poor camera aiming.

last edited by Droemel

I don't care how they fix it as long as the panel stops obstructing my view. In MR we could turn it off. Why is SR worse than its predecessor in many ways, in controls & terrain collision especially?

last edited by Unster

@Stazco said in Attempt to hide crane controls?:

@Flatire
wait...you dont play because of crane controls?...
really?))))

a lot of ppl find these controls fine,
and many, on crossroads, dont rush forward (or back home )on red light if they cant see the traffic light - they just bend the neck to see the light...

No, not really.
I am not waiting for them to fix just the crane controls.

"A lot of people find these controls just fine" Really?
Damn I feel stupid now. I didnt realize a lot of people find these controls just fine.
I need to fit in with these "lot of people" and act that I like it. Seriously?

Your traffic light comparison is pretty silly.
But to entertain you, I dont want to "bend my neck" to play.

I was saying that I am waiting for them to fix what they will and to change what they are going to change.
Once the game is finished, as far as they will finish it I will play again. When the game is done being patched up and changed.

Either way I dont play games "in one sitting". I get tired of games, no matter how good they are if I dont walk away for a while.
Besides some of us work for a living. Self employed, so no unemployment here.

Patch 6 Test server
*Supported option to hide crane controls UI

NO SHIT! i must be dreaming

@evilomatic yep, we heard you. let us know if this option works for you

@esorokin said in Attempt to hide crane controls?:

@evilomatic yep, we heard you. let us know if this option works for you

You know, it works PERFECT!

It's even better than my keybind suggestion IMHO, nice job!
Now just get rid of that GMC standing greyed out in Smithville Dam 🙂