MP5s suck

Hello, I'm making this post because I feel that the MP5 in this game is not very well balanced.

It falls short in all categories: penetration, damage, and the one redeeming quality it should have, to make up for that in my opinion, would be low recoil and great hipfire capability. Sadly, the recoil on this gun is absurd, specifically the horizontal recoil. It makes the gun jump around like crazy, and it is nearly impossible to compensate for the horizontal part of it. Now, I'm not basing this argument around real life capabilities of the MP5 and that the in game version is supposed to match it, I'm saying that this weapon does crappy damage, with high recoil and extremely bad iron sights (please implement a sight like the on on the MP5k), and then its not even particularly cheap. And that's just not mentioning the fact that hipfire on the MP5 is UNUSABLE. It's just a bad choice every single time, and the horizontal recoil is so overdone that it's honestly a lot less fun to use than it could be. Making the hipfire the way it was in beta for the MP5 (which was my favorite feature by the way, very enjoyable), would also add another balancing opportunity to armor, if you do this for all small caliber weapons, because then there is an incentive to use small calibers, which in turn, can be countered a bit better by armor. I thought about this a lot and I really do think it's a good idea. It adds to the choice a player has in terms of playstyle, it makes the caliber and armor system more cohesive and tied together, I just think it would add a lot of depth to the game with only a few tweaks in numbers.

My suggestion from a PvP standpoint is this: lower the horizontal recoil by a large margin (maybe add to the vertical recoil if it needs doing), and on top of that drastically lower the hipfire recoil. If you could make it like in beta, just for this weapon, I think it would be a great change to the MP5 because it gives it the distinct strength of being able to use a laserpointer the way it was intended, and I don't think it would be cancerous at all, just a great gimmick to the weapon. And if you did it to all small caliber weapons, to a degree, I think that would be even better.

Anyway I hope this reaches a dev because the MP5 is just not very good right now, and with the honey badger and AS Val coming It's honestly in need for just one single redeeming quality to be a viable choice for PvP.
Thanks for reading and feel free to respond so maybe it gains some traction, even if you disagree.

last edited by ham cucumber

Hard agree - I never see anyone use the mp5. Please make it a more capable gun NWI.

Given the amount of options that are now competing for the Breacher's primary weapon slot, a little more incentive for the MP5 would be nice. A strong point in hipfire would make for an interesting focus in itself.

Agreed. The MP5 in reality is a very stable weapon under recoil.

SMGs in general suffer from a higher than necessary horizontal recoil. SMGs should all have a slightly reduced horizontal recoil, especially the Sterling due to its lack of attachment that could reduce it. They are low-damage and/or slow-firing weapons, so...

I think that kind of horizontal recoil would work best on LMGs, rather than the unplayable and unfunny high vertical recoil they suffer from.

last edited by Grumf

@Sketchy
I use mp5 for CQB like it is meant to be used, good for camping an objective