PTS Patch Notes 02/06

I know they can't give exact ETA's, but are we talking days or weeks before we can't expect this or some of it going live?

Generic / No-Name / HID-compliant Game Controller are still not recognized by the game and can not be configured in the individual settings even with the patch from 02/06.

(but in Mud Runner, this steering wheel works and can be configured)

last edited by Ninja_-Assassin

Few fix per week is nor what we expect... why should we test the game for you? Release a god damn proper version with the proper season pass as we paid for it already!

On console we even don't get a hotfix or anything Like that. WHERE IS THE MOD SUPPORT?
This crappy gibberish that is not possible because of certification processes is not true and just a lame excuse! other developers and even indie developers can do it!?

Feels Like they give a Shit about console. We dont get any hotfix or Update and this crappy gibberish that is not possible because of certification processes is not true and just a lame excuse! other developers and even indie developers can too.
Where ist the Mod Support? What about this useless Coop? IT hast a delay ASF Impossible to Play.
But nice WE wait w months and maybe WE get Wirkung mirrors 👍

Hey you guys are happy playing the beta of the game? Can't wait for Snowrunner launch 2.0!

@Agnolini said in PTS Patch Notes 02/06:

Hey you guys are happy playing the beta of the game?

Honestly I don't really mind. But I'd prefer if Focus marketed the game more honestly, i.e. as an early access game and give a discount to the early players who are willing to put up with the issues.

last edited by Unster

@Leatherman78 said in PTS Patch Notes 02/06:

@Orzark THIS oh so very much THIS!

@Orzark said in PTS Patch Notes 02/06:

any ETA on the COOP not working on the same router ?

I literally couldn't care less about coop. I don't see the appeal. In fact with this game I strongly dislike coop because it's taking dev time & focus away from fixing the core issues.

@Unster said in PTS Patch Notes 02/06:

@Agnolini said in PTS Patch Notes 02/06:

Hey you guys are happy playing the beta of the game?

Honestly I don't really mind. But I'd prefer if Focus marketed the game more honestly, i.e. as an early access game and give a discount to the early players who are willing to put up with the issues.

I'm in the same boat here. I've been saying since launch how much I enjoy the game but feel a little let down with its release status. Was also calling out on the discord for more in depth devblogs/patch notes/bug reporting tools cause at the start they were god awful. I also DGAF about co-op, I didnt buy the game intending to play coop, and honestly would have preferred seeing that as a content update once the game was stable in SP.

Honest marketing as a beta/early access with either a light discount or access to the Seasons content for being an "early backer" would have felt alot nicer.

Instead we got pretty heavy advertising for stuff in game that isn't complete, I'm glad they're getting around to all the fixes, but the fact that the core mechanics of the game were broken for a month +, feels pretty bad.

There was clearly a push from FOCUS upper management to sell this during COVID (which also affected the development of this game). I honestly feel they were able to get far more sales than they would have if they delayed the release liek many other companies have been doing. There are a big number of blockbuster AAA games coming out later in the year now, all of which would have put this game in the shadows.

last edited by KSkerritt

@idiocracy I'm pretty sure we're looking at a PC launch this week. I'm fairly confident that this update launches on console a week or so after the PC launch happens

I think the small window for fixes at release has passed. The mass numbers of gamers who would like the concept and would look into buying it have probably already passed it over and moved onto other games.
It is a very small window of opportunity to fix problems at release and the average gamer isn’t very patient.
The hope of a big sales jump is pretty much dead. That is a shame.
This happens when the suits in charge don’t know or don’t give a shit about programming and the problems that can arise in development.
All they care about are potential profits and happy shareholders and not the fact the actual product isn’t finished. Maybe for Snowrunner 2, switch the budgets for testing vs marketing.
Pay the testers and programmers the millions of dollars and let the marketing guys figure out what to do with the promised bag of Cool Ranch Doritos next time.

With the fixes and some encouragement from the people that stick with it (All of us here, including me) that the game is good, it might be able to do a small rebound. But the big marketing campaign for a game with some major issues is a hard one to come back from.
Let’s hope people more are forgiving this year (like with NMS) and really push this game to friends once it’s fixed. Snowrunner still has a ton of potential.

last edited by Trendkill555

@KSkerritt There's no reason to believe that. They clearly state in the community update this week for a "release date of the patch", not the patch itself.

Soo probably no patch this week.

last edited by Agnolini

Still conflicts on gampad scheme b and d

@Agnolini My bad I must've missread it. See that now.

alt text
It worked in version 5.3, now in 5.4 we are there again like at the very beginning i.e. nowhere.
The G27 steering wheel in custom settings if I exit the game will lose the settings,.
All steering settings must be reset each time you enter.
We haven't moved forward with this 5.4 fix, but rather the features that worked so far aren't working.

I check in here every couple of days to see if this game is finally worth buying for a PC wheel owner. One step forward, two steps back it seems.
At least it will be on sale when I finally buy it.

@Unster Spot on this game should have been on beta before release

@KSkerritt I surely hope so, because we've waited a long time for this. And i don't think it's too much to ask to keep us updated on the progress for game breaking bug.