Question about ageing

Why put the option ageing on in COL?

Isn't focus and cyanide wish goal to encourage people play the most match possible with the same team ?

In a perpetual league, ageing makes sense to avoid the monster team to be indestructible and put winning streack on. But in Col ? As every team is Rerolled at the end of season I believe it make no sense to put the ageing option on. It will jsut be at disadvantge to the very few player that play a lot their team in that competition.

I bet it doesn't happen very often that a player has retired, but this season I have played 64 games with my Vampire team and I feel it is not fair if my high level player retires..... especially as I will be one of very few , if not the only one impacted....

Well too late for this season but I would really encourage you to review that rule for next seasons.

Thank You

last edited by JRCO

Players only begin to retire once they reach 120 matches played.. so I think you still have quite a way
to go for that to be a factor over the next 9 days.

I thought you could take your COL team and keep entering it into the new COL season as long as it never left the Cyanide league. In that sense ageing does make sense.

Think i mixed up COl and CCL. I spoke about CCL(Champion Ladder)

I have read somewhere aging strikes you at 96 games not 120. So are you sure about you 120 games number ?

last edited by JRCO

@mercy-flush said in Question about ageing:

Players only begin to retire once they reach 120 matches played.. so I think you still have quite a way

I think 120 is the maximum age - the point at which ALL players will have retired - not the beginning age... at least if the BB2 rulebook (which hasn't been updated since dinosaurs roamed the earth) is to be believed. The first ageing role was done at 104 games, and by 120 you had a 100% chance of retiring.

@voodoomike said in Question about ageing:

@mercy-flush said in Question about ageing:

I think 120 is the maximum age - the point at which ALL players will have retired - not the beginning age... at least if the BB2 rulebook (which hasn't been updated since dinosaurs roamed the earth) is to be believed. The first ageing role was done at 104 games, and by 120 you had a 100% chance of retiring.

Thanks Mike yes indeed this is correct sorry. 104-112 matches a player has 40% 112-120 = 60% & 120+ = 100%
chance of retirement.
To my knowledge there's never been a player retirement in the history of Champions Ladder... with the exception of
Season 1.. which ran for 9 weeks rather than 6.
In tandem with the ranking system aging acts as a 2nd soft cap to further temper coaches being able to infinitely
grind 1 team without repercussion. Coaches who are currently able to play 100+ matches per season already enjoy a big advantage in the tournament without needing a further buff of having immortal players.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.