MudRunner - The Valley Is Now Available!

@mr-t personally i do not mind the stars if we can remove them ourselves. only asking for it to be toggleable if it is not something we can remove ourselves. some of us just want to let them know not everyone likes it and would like to remove them. if you like them then cool, i have no problem with that. i do have a problem though when i have to look at them in my own game. just one of those "to each their own" things. now i hear you on what you are saying and agree there are other things that need to be dealt with first, but we/i am just letting them know that this is not wanted by everyone. when they decide to take the time to look into it then we shall see what they do about it. till then we all can just keep chugging along.

btw i posted about and have been waiting since day 1 of release for brakes to work with force accel (cruise control) on key board. only the A types have brakes when using the feature. i have brake with all vehicle when using the feature if i am using a controller, so why none when using key board? i am still waiting to get any kind of response. so i know full well when you are talking about getting other things done before what i am asking with the "stars". lol

last edited by 8up local

Indeed, many ideas and options should allow the users to decide with either on-off or a slider.

Even the mud itself with it's physics should have a setting for difficulty, for stickiness.

It is more enjoyable in multiplayer to play Spintires not this Mudruner, where you are bogged down all the time.
People like to move around not get stuck.

"Ok, you (player) want something really hardcore to experience with a couple of your friends which you know they won't bail on you, you can set the mud behavior to maximum and regret it afterwards"

As a conclusion after testing a little bit of the vehicles.
The new DLC vehicles are the best in each of their respective classes.
The A969 tackles swiftly difficult areas and has a punch. Can go in deeper waters without taking damage and even advancing
0_1518632321773_20180214185935_1.jpg
The 6x6 is better than the 4320 or 4310 in terms of powering ahead fully loaded up a small hill with soft surface and also goes further before sinking, not to mention is has the small crane and can drag the short logs trailer
go.0_1518632273978_20180214191829_1.jpg
The 8x8 has higher sustained speeds and fully loaded can drag it with speed. Also carries the most logs in one

Im pretty happy with the vehicle's that 969 is better than what most people give it credit for. As for the map though im not really impressed. I was hoping there would be more mountians and cliff side trails thus The Valley name. Plus the broken trees are good feature but maybe a little much lol. Having a map with large accents up mountain sides and decents to a river on cliff side with drops like 100 or 200ft would be awesome. I know there are mod maps that offer these things but just speaking for the console players. Like if they could get The Gauntlet map on console. Alot of people would love it. Personally i love it cruising around with the Jeep

@mr-t actually with the old version i have had people tell me that depending on their graphics setting the mud was easier or harder (lower setting the mud was easier/higher setting it was harder. i never tested myself, but i see no reason for those people to lie to be about it. now whether or not this transferred over with mudrunner i do no know, but worth thinking about. a slider option, now i like that idea especially for the mud. although this would have a major affect on the difficulty of course, so that would need to be addressed imo.
i see we do agree on the 6317, but the 969 and 7429 we do not. to each their own though since what i look for in a vehicle may be quite different then what you were looking for. yes the 969 can do what you are stating, but to me the overall feel when driving it feels wonky and cumbersome. the 7429 while powerful and able to do a lot. i feel is quite underwhelming for what it was described as.
now that is not saying that you are wrong or anything. yes they are about the best for their class types, but for the descriptions given they seem off to me.

-the 6x6 is a beast. Literally. Take it straight into the forest and it will mow it down (except the large adult trees) without taking any damage, creating easy roadways 😃
-The 8x8 is underwhelming compared to the hype, but it beats the others to a pulp in terms of capabilities. Still i love The Huntsman 8x8 mod.
-The 4x4 is a light scout,
Yes on the open fields and roads where it is easy, looks like crap, weird AF, but in this game it's about doing the job, and crossing rivers, mud and rough terrain , which the little guy does it so much better.
Doesn't have speed it just a frame with some metal sheet to protect the innards from direct impact (if that)
I feel that the 300 life is too much for it, should be 200

• I finished the map blindly. It is nice, with a great feeling for that open river, just like you see in the wild

@mizogin
Next DLC will include boats and hovercrafts to be able to navigate through the mud -.-

About the 4x4, I like the rough and simple design but I really hate that its open! It has no roof and it doesnt cover the back either, to the point that the back seat gets full of mud. The only reason that the driver doenst get mud is that because he probably cant.

I really dont like convertibles in this game (modders -.-).

in single player mode it should be possible to have shadows on all nearby objects, right?0_1518657309616_PS_Messages_20180214_185742.jpg

The new vehicles are awesome, and I love how the map looks but actually playing it is weird. Some roads have a smooth texture that looks like firm compacted dirt, but they're usually softer than the grass next to them? The checkpoint that doesn't allow any logs through right before the sawmills is really strange as well. I know from a gameplay perspective its so you can't take the most direct route, but it feels strange. Are they cops? Are we illegal loggers?

@mr-t my 2 cents on dead fallen trees that stop heavy trucks: the developers made the trees super heavy, to be able to use them as winch points to winch out a 10-ton truck (or even heavier). That's why they can stop a heavy truck so easily, and will barely move.
While sometimes very practical to use the fallen trees as winch points, it is very unrealistic for a heavy truck to be winched out using these fallen trees, specifically since those fallen trees are not so big. They are smaller than the long logs we need to load in the truck, yet it is not possible to use the crane to remove the fallen trees : they seem stuck or too heavy...

It would be nice if corrected/modified!

Otherwise, good DLC. Not a huge fan of the map (too many crapy fallen trees) but the trucks are great! Please keep up the good work! 🙂

last edited by minikeum

I really like the DLC but please add new Trophies for further additional contents. Thanks! 🙂

Hi.

New cars - awesome.
New medium log cart - awesome.
New map - nice but REALLY easy.

IDEA: Take 1 usermade map each month/2weeks, review it, check quality, test - upload to game offcaly. That way console users get those too, also we don't have to mess with manual downloading and also there is a constant flow of VERY GOOD and difficult maps.

Modders get some credit and i believe they are happy if their maps are officaly in the game.

We did that map in HC a bit over 2h, its doable faster so very easy.

Edit: oh and we started with only 1 car - the new little cabrio 😃 2-4 players, one of them a little kid.

last edited by Mihkel Jacksoff

I came back to Mudrunner on the Xbox One X to find the update has downgraded the game to a locked 30fps, before it was mostly 60fps. Game looks and feels awful now. This is ridiculous. How can I revert to the original game? If not how do I get a refund?

@russ said in Spintires: MudRunner - The Valley Is Now Available!:

I came back to Mudrunner on the Xbox One X to find the update has downgraded the game to a locked 30fps, before it was mostly 60fps. Game looks and feels awful now. This is ridiculous. How can I revert to the original game? If not how do I get a refund?

Hi russ,

I have the same problem, I hate to play at this framerate. I'm interested too in how revert this "upgrade".

Can any dev help us?

Thanks.

Anyone else having trouble with the game after the latest update/DLC? My game lags so bad now I can't even play it anymore. I even tried to lower the cpu/graphics settings to low and it makes no difference. Before I could play on high settings and it was very smooth. It even lags in proving grounds.

Hi @JustaFordGuy,

Could you please try the public beta listed here? https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/5112/public-beta-the-valley-performance-issues/14

This should fix the issue, but let us know if it doesn't.

Hi @torcuato8 and @Russ,

If you're looking for a way to force 1080p, you can do so with this method: Settings>Display and Sound> Video output > TV Resolution > 1080p

Be aware that this will set your whole console to 1080p, and you will need to revert this if you want to play in 4k again.

last edited by Iyagovos

@iyagovos said in Spintires: MudRunner - The Valley Is Now Available!:

Hi @JustaFordGuy,

Could you please try the public beta listed here? https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/5112/public-beta-the-valley-performance-issues/14

Hi @torcuato8 and @Russ,

If you're looking for a way to force 1080p, you can do so with this method: Settings>Display and Sound> Video output > TV Resolution > 1080p

Be aware that this will set your whole console to 1080p, and you will need to revert this if you want to play in 4k again.

Hi Iyagovos,

I think this is no the solution for the problem. Will be any update to solve this?

Thanks.

@iyagovos said in Spintires: MudRunner - The Valley Is Now Available!:

Hi @JustaFordGuy,

Hi @torcuato8 and @Russ,

Turns out that after the update installed it put a mod vehicle with a blank name in my mod list. I deleted it in mod manager and now the game plays smooth on high settings again.

so as i type steam is updating mudrunner (795.6Mb), could this be a fix or is it just a regular steam update?

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.