Spintires: MudRunner - The Valley Is Now Available!
Community Manager

0_1518517722261_4.jpg

Hi all!

The Valley, a free DLC for Spintires: MudRunner is out now! It's now available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One in all regions. Please remember that on PS4 and Xbox One, you will need to download separately from the game, by adding it to your account in the respective stores.

Included in this update is:

• A new map: The Valley
  • Three vehicles: The E-7429, the C-6317 and the A-969
  • Ten new vehicle addons
    • C-6317 Spare wheel
    • A-969 Spare wheel
    • A-969 Fuel canisters
    • A-969 Garage parts
    • A-969 Utility attachment
    • E-7429 Advanced trailer hitch
    • E-7429 Repair kit
    • E-7429 (compatible with E-7310 from base game) Garage semi-trailer
    • Medium log trailer (compatible with some of base game trucks)
    • Medium log trailer's logs load
  • Various bug fixes

0_1518517998495_5.jpg

We are currently investigating reports of poor performance in this latest update. If you encounter performance issues with this update, please try the following:

1. Unsubscribe from all mods
2. Delete your profile found in C:\User[user]\AppData\Roaming\Spintires MudRunner (This is cloud synced, so you won't lose your progress, but we recommend backing up this file just in case).
3. Re-install the game.

This should help with the issue while we work on a fix.

Change Log:

All Platforms

• Letters are now properly automatically uppercased
  • Linebreaks were fixed
  • Minor improvements to autowinch point selection.
  • Minor improvements to the legacy camera mode
  • Minor improvements to sounds
  • Minor water shading and other texture improvements
  • Minor truck setup improvements
  • Lobby members will now select the trucks they want to use when entering a map
  • Steering Wheels Differential Lock in hardcore mode will now behave the same way as in casual mode.
  • Some vehicles are now able to toggle differential lock on and off
  • Soil has been made softer

PC Only

• The game will now detect available video memory and will downgrade textures if they don't fit.
  • Lobby hosts will now select up to eight mods for the game.

Enjoy, and we'll see you soon!

last edited by Iyagovos

Any rough estimate when It's live on PC? Steam is showing nothing sadly. Still shows last years update? Or am I missing something simple? haha.

Thank you for the free DLC! MZKT is cool!

I have the valley listed under DLCs in steam... but if start the game i only see the 6 standard maps?

EDIT: restarting steam started the download 🙂

last edited by Nighthawk

Oh I see it under DLC now, just restarted and got an update.

Community Manager

Hi all,

If you're not seeing it on Steam, please restart Steam. This should fix the issue

That's done it cheers.

David and Goliath much?
alt text

last edited by Digital X

What about the E-7429 hidden feature?

Something in this DLC kills framerates completely...

Community Manager

@glob3troller If you're noticing bad frame rates, could you please create a post in the forums saying your specs and whether or not you are playing with mods?

i am still uploading the update, but i hope there is nothing wrong. i have seen where a few people are having issues now after the update and my PC (which is ok at best) is close to borderline already as the game is.

Seems to be running okay on my ancient rig, maybe even a little bit better...
Has the draw distance/"physics bubble" been increased?
Also, locking front diffs in hardcore mode RULES! 😄

ok, one thing i have found so far. i do not like the idea that this update has removed the mod map i was currently playing. so just to let people know who might be in the middle of playing a modded map. you might want to wait to update if you want to finish that mod map without reinstalling it and restarting it.

edit: i have not checked see if any other mods or files have been changed yet though.

last edited by 8up local

oh yes, confirmed this update breaks/uninstalls mods fyi.

it was only me who realized, but I had a graphical improvement in terms of texture in the consoles ???😮😶

I also noticed a graphic improvement in water👍

last edited by fabio brasil

@iyagovos can we get a warning added to this announcement that for PC this update will break mods and they will need to be reinstalled once updated please?

@iyagovos, Sweet !! Thanks for the free stuff !!

After the update, the mod maps have disappeared...and my progress on them.
Will the update accept mod maps in the created media folder?
Will it accept many maps, because before this DLC, installing more maps would make them disappear and no scroll option to move them u/down

Community Moderator - Spintires

@mr-t
Your saves on those maps should stay in AppData untouched
If you yre adding your mods by Media folder with tweaked config file, just tweak that config file again
Update updates that file as well, so game doesn't have adress for your mod maps...

now the mzkt can do what he is made for

alt text

Things i found in half an hour or so. (just sharing experience with the new content, nothing more)

• So it seems none of the 8x8 have "diff lock always on" anymore.
  • I found some glitches with hitching a trailer behind the truck connected trailer that wasn't before.
  • Map is interesting , fresh, i like the feeling of the wild valley,
    Driving blindly following the road with the b130 i discovered 1 fuel station, 1 logging yard, 1 garage (before nightfall) where a nice 8x8 was waiting for me, then got lost while dragging the garage trailers to the garage, and found myself the new 6x6 near the second fuel station, and unlocking the garage in the course of 1 ingame day since starting it)
    So mainly the map is virtually completed (1 fuel station near the loading logs and one fuel station near objective with the worst setup one could start with (no minimap, hardcore and one single b130)
    If there is a second (or more) objective it won't be long to find it as i have the 8x8
last edited by Mr.T

@alpscruiser is that KrAZ-6316 trailer?

@8up-local If you play on map mods, yes the game will reset itself and you will have to change the config files again, but the progress is saved.

@rinofagerlund yeah i got all that figured out now, thanks for the info though for sure. still had to replace a few files anyway. all is good now except getting the STMR mod working.

The new 6x6 has a nice 1+ gear, picks up from slow speeds and sustains it good with beefy torque.
I will have to test it throughly in the future but it is rather high with the 4320 (what used to be in the other Spintires as i think now it has been nerfed)
The map, i can say i like it, the topography, the design, the views of a wild forest, so far (i have no idea how much i've explored out of it, but unlocked several of the watchtowers

edit:
i checked steam achievements but it seems there aren't any new ones although i have completed the valley settler (or whatever is named for the garage unlock)
They are the same as before the DLC install.

last edited by Mr.T

@mr-t i use the 4320/375 regularly. the 4320 is not nerfed and the 375 is just slightly a bit more buff than the 4320. i have not played with the 4320Long to tell how it sits performance-wise. the 6317 (new 6x6) sounds to be about right for a C-type, but i have not played with it to see just where it sits though.

also, you are correct that there are no new achievements for the new DLC.

last edited by 8up local

@zamal
Yes it is. It a little bit to hingh in the front - bit more tweaking

@alpscruiser where can I find this platform?

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.