So, how was 'what's next de focus"?

So there was mention that BFG:A2 would be shown at whats next de focus 2018, been a few days, when do will people be talking about what was shown there?

Community Manager

Hi, we published some pictures of the event here: https://www.facebook.com/BattlefleetGothicGame/posts/757845287746173

Previews from journalists will arrive very soon this week. there was an embargo to give time to everyone to go back home and write detailed article, to reduce the incentive to rush previews only to be the first to publish.

we all know everyone procrastinates to the very last minute

So do we see at Midnight EST?o like Midnight in Paris time? GMT +1?

let's do midnight in australian time

last edited by shadowsfm

Hoping they gave up some info on how they are gonna fix some of the issues with the game.

@netheos said in So, how was 'what's next de focus"?:

Hi, we published some pictures of the event here: https://www.facebook.com/BattlefleetGothicGame/posts/757845287746173

Previews from journalists will arrive very soon this week. there was an embargo to give time to everyone to go back home and write detailed article, to reduce the incentive to rush previews only to be the first to publish.

When about this week? Today? Tomorrow? Friday?

Well, we see that Tindalos keep their secretive mode on.

Here you have updated info (of course in french and for french people first, french developers so everything will come in french first. Totally logical)

https://www.gamereactor.fr/previews/631743/Battlefleet+Gothic+Armada+II+Un+premier+apercu/

Youtube Video

And here is Valrak's video on the latest info~

Also good info in german from

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/spielinfonews/PC-CDROM/39403/2173271/Battlefleet_Gothic_Armada_2-Groessere_Schlachten_mehrere_Kampagnen_besseres_Interface_und_viel_Warhammer.html

The extent of the battles in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 will be about twice as large as its predecessor - and on the galactic battlefields there should be more objects in general. Individual subsystems of the ships can be targeted again. However, Tindalos Interactive is back in the mission design, concentrating solely on the central variant of "cruiser clash" - especially the skirmish and player-versus-player battles. A point system for certain actions (boarding) is also planned. Last but not least, some less transparent game systems (for example, morality) should become more understandable and clearer. No stops or pause in battles and the option of disengage new features.

The basics of the dynamic campaigns will be "Gathering Storm" and "13th Black Crusade" (13th Black Crusade). Planned are several story campaigns in which you can command several fleets (not just one as in the predecessor). The strategic map in the campaigns is to be expanded and expanded - the same should apply to the resource management and adaptation options of spaceships. The developers were not more specific on demand. The story is continued by cartoon-like, animated cutscenes. In addition, the developers want to work again with the excellent (English) voice actors from the first part.

@matacucasraid said in So, how was 'what's next de focus"?:

The extent of the battles in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 will be about twice as large as its predecessor - and on the galactic battlefields there should be more objects in general. Individual subsystems of the ships can be targeted again.

This sounds awesome. Bigger fleets means more possibilities, and an easier time balancing things (Cough NECRON cough).

However, Tindalos Interactive is back in the mission design, concentrating solely on the central variant of "cruiser clash" - especially the skirmish and player-versus-player battles. A point system for certain actions (boarding) is also planned.

Aw, this is a bit of a disappointment. I actually really liked all the oddball kinds of mission types, especially the "kill the admiral" one. Here's hoping they're still an option for custom matches...

Also not too crazy about boarding being point-limited, unless it gets boosted all to hell (As in, potentially take over the ship). Seems like an unnecessary restriction against a component that wasn't overpowered in the first place.

Last but not least, some less transparent game systems (for example, morality) should become more understandable and clearer.

This I am incredibly thankful for. Several systems were hard to get info on (Even from online sources).

No stops or pause in battles and the option of disengage new features.

Does that mean they're getting rid of the cogitator feature? I cannot be against that enough, that was an awesome feature. Maybe disable it for the multiplayer boys, but don't get rid of it completely.

The basics of the dynamic campaigns will be "Gathering Storm" and "13th Black Crusade" (13th Black Crusade). Planned are several story campaigns in which you can command several fleets (not just one as in the predecessor).

Several fleets? That sounds awesome. I love it when they add in more things to play with. With any luck, it'll be one Imperium, one Adeptus Mechanicus and one Adeptus Astartes,

The strategic map in the campaigns is to be expanded and expanded - the same should apply to the resource management and adaptation options of spaceships. The developers were not more specific on demand.

Even without specifics, that still sounds really cool, will be interesting to see what they do with it.

The story is continued by cartoon-like, animated cutscenes. In addition, the developers want to work again with the excellent (English) voice actors from the first part.

We knew this already, but I'm still happy about it. The cutscenes in the first were amazing to watch. The Planet Killer in particular was awesome.

I hope the cogitator stays for Single player, or can we finally have all torpedoes home?

@imperator said in So, how was 'what's next de focus"?:

I hope the cogitator stays for Single player, or can we finally have all torpedoes home?

There is no need for homing torpedoes. Its a saturation type of attack when alot of ships shoot or a trick shot up close. Tac cog alone counters the shit out of torpedos and it limits the strategy that people can employ since in a game where positioning is key it becomes hard to punish bad plays because tac cog can be used as a get out of jail card. A really good compromise for the removal of Tac cog would be to slow the game down a tid bit. As it seems ability spam is getting a huge nurf hammer with the changes done with flag ships etc.

@imperator
I'd sooner they do the former than the latter. Not only does the former help out the less "click-like-a-hamster-on-cocaine" amongst us, it also adds some strategic depth on choosing when to fire torpedoes.

By now after reading the reviews seem they are in a good direction. The cogitator in multiplayer was crazy (maybe in single player great to have it but not in PvP) If you add it with the removing of spamming abilities the admiral It would be more important the tactic to deploy your fleet than using all the time the abilities.

Tindalos (@Netheos ) please, some news from time to time would be great instead the secretive way of the Alpha legion (btw regards to Alpharius... or Omegon, he is a cool guy!)

By now after reading the reviews seem they are in a good direction. The cogitator in multiplayer was crazy (maybe in single player great to have it but not in PvP) If you add it with the removing of spamming abilities the admiral It would be more important the tactic to deploy your fleet than using all the time the abilities.

Tindalos (@Netheos ) please, some news from time to time would be great instead the secretive way of the Alpha legion (btw regards to Alpharius... or Omegon, he is a cool guy!)

I disagree. The way Tindalos is handling things is... well pretty much how it was handled before Early Access and Pre-Order stuff spoiled the well.

Thus people expect every company to have someone revealing information every 10 seconds as opposed to if you were lucky an interview in a game magazine giving you hints as to what was coming next.

The problem isn't so much Tindalos' communication. So much as our VASTLY increased sense of entitlement as to how much and how quickly we should have that information. (And I do mean 'our' not 'your' because i'm guilty of it too.)

Just because Sega, or EA etc can tweet information every couple of days doesn't mean another studio or publisher can. And from what I understand, Tindalos is a pretty small team compared to most Development Studios.

@Kadaeux i am not asking updates each 2 hours but the last official update of the roadmap was more than 1 YEAR ago. O-N-E Y-E-A-R.

I believe they can improve that number , don't you think so?

@Kadaeux i am not asking updates each 2 hours but the last official update of the roadmap was more than 1 YEAR ago. O-N-E Y-E-A-R.

I believe they can improve that number , don't you think so?

You must be young. Not from a time when the only news you got was either A: A patch on a PC gaming magazines disk, or an article announcing a sequel.

Can they improve on it? Sure.

Do they have to? No. As I said, our expecations are being effected by how most of the companies do things nowadays. Companies that are near-universally bigger than Tindalos.

We might like more frequent communication and news, gods above would I like it. But we need to stop operating under the maligned interpretation that the company has any obligation to do so OR that we have any right to expect that they will do so.

Given how loudly the small crowd of exceptionally vocal naysayers were in spouting vitriol during the first I was extremely surprised that Tindalos was even doing a second!

But it looks to me like they decided to listen to people, look at the complaints quite seriously (the PvPers whining about Tac Cog, everyones complaints about ability spam, balance issues, battle sizes etc) and begin from step one.

Well, first point : I am not young. Second point: nobody has to do anything except dying. That is the only thing everyone of this world has to.

You can try to twist in any way you want: 1 entire year of no roadmap news when you promised other thing is something NOT acceptable in the current game industry. We paid for that game and we were asking the support associated to that game and they promised us.

Well, first point : I am not young. Second point: nobody has to do anything except dying. That is the only thing everyone of this world has to.

You can try to twist in any way you want: 1 entire year of no roadmap news when you promised other thing is something NOT acceptable in the current game industry. We paid for that game and we were asking the support associated to that game and they promised us.

Wait. You know this thread is about BFG:A2, right? BFG:A1 is done for, there is nothing new to know about. The new stuff, BFG:A2, just got a load of new infos. So what excactly are you complaining about.

I don't have to twist anything. Everything that was promised was delivered.

A roadmap is not a promise, it's the planned route of development. We got EXACTLY what we paid for, and for those of us that bought it early in development or shortly after release we got MORE than we paid for as the Astartes and Tau DLCs were given to us for free.

The only promise was the core game. And, as Hjalfnar_HGV just said, this is about BFG2. BFGA is irrelevant now.

@hjalfnar_hgv said in

Wait. You know this thread is about BFG:A2, right? BFG:A1 is done for, there is nothing new to know about. The new stuff, BFG:A2, just got a load of new infos. So what excactly are you complaining about.

Wrong. Technically this thread is about "whats next de focus" inside BFG: Armada (not 2) discussion. So if you are short enough and wanna only take my words without the context in the constructive discussion with @Kadaeux and without reading my suggestion I made in this post is your problem. You should read carefully before make assumptions

@Kadaeux please dont lie. I bought it in early and I DIDN'T get EXACTLY what it was promised. This is the roadmap link

http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?t=2967

and there are promises not fully implemented or not working

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.