Stars on trucks? why?

it seems it is only on the starter vehicles on the normal maps.
alt text
alt text

so far people i have seen talking about this and people i have talked with find it quite ugly and a mistake with the coding or something when the DLC was released. if it is on purpose then just what is this about anyway?

I haven't those when started new map, but on already finished, yes.
To me it looks like your "record" on map, how many stars you needed to finish it - fewer is cooler 🙂

idk, still i do not like it. is there a way to remove it? or shall i start digging? lol

1 star is the best. That simple.

0_1518605096323_Untitled.png
Oh, so this is what it meant..i just thought it was a nice soviet era star paintjob
I personally like the red star. It has a certain specific feeling to the vehicles origin and location of the game

last edited by Mr.T

tbh i dont mind red star but i dont get the point why is it there XD maybe in mp it will show others that u have finished map in 1 red start

well it may look cool to some, but i do not like it and think it is ugly as sin.

rain for me all day, so i guess i will spend some time looking for this. any opinions on where to find this in the files? lol

@8up-local I'm with you on that.

hot dog, no more stars for me. i am happy. i did not realize it was going to be so easy. i thought for sure there was going to be some coding or something. nope, just erase the image (not delete) the gui_star__d_a.dds and replace back into the texture zip.

however this is the same image that shows for the balance point stars when selecting a map. which is something i can totally deal with. lol

alt text

last edited by A Former User

I like the stars and hope they stay.
alt text

The 4 or 5 tiny stars are immersion breaking for me.
I wouldn't have a problem if it was a big red star paintjob.

I don't like it but if they going to keep it, the stars should be on both sides not only on the driver side.

@8up-local said in Stars on trucks? why?:

hot dog, no more stars for me. i am happy. i did not realize it was going to be so easy. i thought for sure there was going to be some coding or something. nope, just erase the image (not delete) the gui_star__d_a.dds and replace back into the texture zip.

however this is the same image that shows for the balance point stars when selecting a map. which is something i can totally deal with. lol

Thats what I did, I haven't played the new map wasted an hour to remove the stars ☺

Anyway, I love this game

last edited by kampolis86

@mr-t Apart from that facelifted grill which just doesn`t look good

Hello.
Im using only certified trucks and cars. Since i found this subject Im passing all certified maps with only one star. My question is. Can you guys pass this river on Deluge map with certified one star wehicule?

last edited by Pawel

@pawel
Search up YT, I am pretty sure there are some vids about "how to pass Deluge with one star only".
But because it is mostly based on "throw UAZ into a river and then wait until it hits proper shore" I am not sure if that is what you are looking for...

@Pawel There is a way to cross in the middle of the map. Took me a while to find it bit its there. Pay attention to the small islands. It was the most enjoyable map to 1 star because of the difficulty. Wish i had more maps to explore on ps4! @Sodoma Have you ever played the Blackwater canyon mod map?

@simhunt77
Not yet, but name sounds familiar...
Probably famous map for some reason?

@Sodoma
Blackwater Canyon is an incredibly well done map, but I haven't seen a copy that's compatible with the new game version... 😕

@sodoma well, blackwater was one of the first map makers (leaked tools era) and for that time was considered as the best for off road/trailing maps. blackwater canyon was considered as pretty much his best map for the time it was created. although any maps out there now are not uploaded from him. seems a few people had the bright idea (aka, ripped) to upload, convert and even change some of his maps already, which can be found on "questionable" third party sites out there.

@Sodoma Well the map looks super fun, long, and difficult. Alot of what console players of the game are looking for. Thanks for a great game! Looking forward to more content!

last edited by simhunt77

Hopefully Blackwater_CA is still watching from somewhere and decides to convert it for the workshop... 🤞