Fixing The Config file After Update (DLC)

Hi well i little heart attack moment yesterday after dlc update ... obviously it changes the config file for anyone who uses a blank media folder ... as for jsgme your on your own i dont use that and never will .

anywhoooooo

<Config Version="20151004">
<System
Height="1080"
Maximized="true"
Width="1920"
Windowed="false"
/>
<MediaPath Path="Media" />
<MediaPath Path="Media.zip" />
<MediaPath Path="_dlc_valley.zip" />
<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" MountPoint="_t/" Path="TextureCache.zip" />
<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" MountPoint="_m/" Path="MeshCache.zip" />
</Config>

all you neeed to do it is add<MediaPath Path="Media" /> above the media.zip or copy that and replace then you can load your mod maps with custom objects again ...

also as for spintires mod i didnt have any problems with latest one it was still there ... as steam wont delete them files as there not part of the game files etc same with patch 4gb

and also the texture cache folder has vanished from the appdata folder .. hmmmmm where has that gone to ???@Administrator

edit duh texture folder only creates after using custom maps ....

last edited by A Former User

might want to add that if you had tattoos shifter mod to add the path line at the end of the call outs. there are few versions of the shifter out so make sure you use the correct call out and also remember your spacing guys.

<MediaPath Path="Tattoo_Skull_GearBox_noBG_MR_v1.zip" DoPrepend="true" />
</Config>

STMR last i checked 1.6.6 was not working for anyone and 1.6.7 was only working for some people, but not all.

also you really only need to go to the AppData folder to delete the save file for a mod map in the user folder, the texture and meshes folders. this is all that is needed to clear your cache of mod map stuff.

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local
1.6.6a working just fine for me...

@mexican_420 yeah, been getting a mix of reports for this. strange how it is not working for most people, but yet it does for some. also a few have said they are on 1.6.6 as well with no problems. guess we will just have to wait for the author to update his mod for the correct fix.

@joridiculous said in Fixing The Config file After Update (DLC):

You should make an habit of deleting the cache in appdata. It a quick way to assure mods will work as intended.

i dont need to do that unless its a new map ... 🙂

@8up-local said in Fixing The Config file After Update (DLC):

might want to add that if you had tattoos shifter mod to add the path line at the end of the call outs. there are few versions of the shifter out so make sure you use the correct call out and also remember your spacing guys.

<MediaPath Path="Tattoo_Skull_GearBox_noBG_MR_v1.zip" DoPrepend="true" />
</Config>

STMR last i checked 1.6.6 was not working for anyone and 1.6.7 was only working for some people, but not all.

also you really only need to go to the AppData folder to delete the save file for a mod map in the user folder, the texture and meshes folders. this is all that is needed to clear your cache of mod map stuff.

yep thanks for pointing that out ..

well with the valley update now version 1.6.7 doesnt work as far as the Mudrunner Plus MOD we all have to wait until the MODDER for PLUS to update it again...

@bigboyzback said in Fixing The Config file After Update (DLC):

well with the valley update now version 1.6.7 doesnt work as far as the Mudrunner Plus MOD we all have to wait until the MODDER for PLUS to update it again...

the mod does work .. i am on 1.6.7 and had all the previous versions installed prior to that version ... however it is not working for some .. i just loaded game up and boom it was working like before