On the romance options

@nickclark89 I disagree about stealing the game using torrent. Another wrong dosen't make a wrong right.
About greedfall ignoring you i don't think that's the case. Gay peoples are only a small percentage of players you can't pretend the same allocation of development time the rest of the players get and making all characters gay will turn the gameworld strange and ruin immersion.

On an unrelated topic; why is everyone on this forum gay?

@Silaf said in On the romance options:

@nickclark89 I disagree about stealing the game using torrent. Another wrong dosen't make a wrong right.
About greedfall ignoring you i don't think that's the case. Gay peoples are only a small percentage of players you can't pretend the same allocation of development time the rest of the players get and making all characters gay will turn the gameworld strange and ruin immersion.

No way! How if LGBTQ+ people are only around 15% of the population?! He was not saying everyone should be gay, unless bisexual is gay to you..

last edited by Agrotank

@Silaf said in On the romance options:

I said my friends not me, can you read?????

Also if you think we deserve less because we are a minority group (we are more than you homophobic straights think when you use the old and homophobic % card) you are a homophobe, we are people not numbers, so yeah screw you.

also what the heck are you talking about? I said EQUAL ROMANCE DISTRIBUTION, again can you read? did you learn how to read in school? when I have said to have all the characters gay? That is usually what happens with straights gamers though, you always have things for granted, it must be wonderful being a privileged straight innit?

Last comment I make here because I'm not engaging with homophobes bye. Spiders/Focus congrats for pandering these kind of people, congrats ....

last edited by nickclark89

@nickclark89 Well i guess you did answer my question.

@Silaf Everyone seems kind of a stretch.

Also the issue with romance distribution is why I'm ok if they just stop doing romance all together. It's creating more problems than anything else.

So no romance for anyone better than romance for everyone? Odd.

@Agrotank said in On the romance options:

Yes because this happens with every single game, unpopular opinion or whatever but when the focus is one who you can bang over the game itself it's a problem.

Romance is a very popular aspect of this type of RPG. If you take that away, I imagine sales go down. However, some of the most vocal online criticism is always romance. If a company could just balance the options, that would really help. But, then there are always people who aren't satisfied anyway because tastes are so individual...

"She's too feminine!"
"She's not feminine enough!"
"He isn't handsome!"
"He's too pretty!"

Etc. 😉

@tudorhousewife

That is exactly my point. It's not about the game, it's about who you can bang.

@Red-Leader said in On the romance options:

@Agrotank said in On the romance options:

Yes because this happens with every single game, unpopular opinion or whatever but when the focus is one who you can bang over the game itself it's a problem.

Well not with every game, I actually liked Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition romance system, even if in Inqusition they sadly did cut male romances for Cullen and Solas.

Also in Fallout 4 you had many options for both genders, even if romance is not that big part of the game.

My opinion is if somebody decides to include romances in their games, they should make options equal to anyone or don't do them at all.

last edited by Agrotank

They should have just made everyone bi.

As a straight man, while I agree it makes sense for such a small studio to not have an exclusively gay romance option, the "it is not realistic" argument is a stupid one to make when talking about a mystical fantasy video game.

And 2: Not only gay people play gay relationships. Straight men play lesbians sometimes and women play gay men sometimes. Gay relationships are not just for gay people so its not catering to "only 5%."

Why are people talking about real life demographics and statistics in relation to what a fantasy rpg with magic and monsters should have? It's stupid.