Necromunda Latest Information - Valrak's Video

Greetings Gents and Lasses,
We finally have some new information, courtesy of Chapter master Valrak. Please come and take a look, and I'll get an information analysis up on the weekend to help with knowledge gathering.

Chapter Master Valrak - Necromunda Video

I like a lot what i heard and what i've seen. If the images are the placeholder models for the gangers, they look superb. Overall, the images were really nice and if the game is like that running on the Unreal engine, it will definetly look gorgeous.

As well, i'm delighted to know there are much bigger maps. Mordheim maps, despite the fact that everything seemd a thousand miles away, were kinda small. I wonder if maps will all have the same size or there will be smaller/ bigger maps to mix it up a little bit.

The change in the deployment is also something much welcomed from my part. I just hope deployment rules aren't as restrictive as they were in Mordheim and that you can either complete secondary objectives or spend money to have more deployment rules to choose.

What i don't get is the real time move before you find the enemy. Gotta get a good look at that and to the new options available to climb and move to different altitudes and all that. Same goes for enviroment hazards (exploding barrels sound nice, but the underhive has more to offer).

Everything looks very promising and i hope everyone can get a nice look to a few screencaps or a much later dev blog about how much the game has progressed. Keep it up, because you are doing Gork and Mork's work.

@glarghface said in Necromunda Latest Information - Valrak's Video:

What i don't get is the real time move before you find the enemy.

If it's like other games with similar mechanics, you and your opponent move your respective units concurrently. Your units maintain their normal limitations, so once they've performed x amount of actions they must end their turn and you move your next unit. You repeat this until one of your units runs into one of your enemies units, then the game returns to the standard turn-based mechanics you are familiar with.

This typically speeds up the tedium of the early game - for better or for worse.

This post is deleted!

Glad to see that we have some updates, at the very least. I like what I see so far. Not sure I'll be a huge fan of the concurrent movements; it might increase the pace of the game to something I'd rather not have (I like to take my time and think things through, which is one of the reasons I liked Mordheim so much), but I'll wait to see in action before I judge.

@kindler It's definitely a work-in-progress part of the game, and one of our primary concerns is making sure that the game keeps the 'thinking things through' feeling from Mordheim. Glad to hear you'll keep an open mind in the meantime. 🙂

@lilstrid said in Necromunda Latest Information - Valrak's Video:

@kindler It's definitely a work-in-progress part of the game, and one of our primary concerns is making sure that the game keeps the 'thinking things through' feeling from Mordheim. Glad to hear you'll keep an open mind in the meantime. 🙂

Outstanding, that's very encouraging to hear. (As a side note, you'd basically have to announce that all character models will be replaced with licensed Disney characters, combat will be resolved via rock-paper-scissors, and that character advancement has been replaced by a personality quiz to prevent me from buying this on day one. Mordheim was my Game of the Year 2016.)

@kindler Gang and fighter bios must be presented in listicle format only (kidding!).

last edited by lilstrid

Real time turns to turn based. Does it take into consideration a sniper action. For example is it a radius that triggers turn based style of play? lets say that for the sake of argument 10 meters is the radius, and the sniper is able to hit at 100 meters away (plucking number out of thin air but the point is sound) does the combat action of the shot trigger the mode chance or does it trigger by mere proximity? Also if proximity then could this function cause the other player to know there is an unseen enemy warrior thus eliminating any stealth aspects?

@corax These are systems that are being actively worked on, so I can't answer because these details aren't concrete yet.