PTS Patch Notes 26/06

Hello everyone!

We've just released a patch on the PTS with a number of fixes. Thank you for all your reports, they're much appreciated!

• Kolob 74941: Fixed paint scheme
  • Tuz 16: Players are now able to choose color schemes in the garage
  • Tuz 16: Fixed right mirror placement
  • Tuz 16: Updated chained wheels models
  • Mobile watchtower now discovers tasks and upgrades on a minimap
  • Added an icon for secure container on Lake Kovd
  • Added an icon for Kola Peninsula region on global map and in player profile
  • Fixed and improved lights on the American and Russian heavy cranes
  • Added an option to choose between classic and arcade wheels steering (this is a work in progress, additional improvements are needed)
  • Fixed a bug when crane anchors were not properly set to the ground
  • Fixed Seismic Vibrator not working properly
  • Removed extra text field from the player profile menu
last edited by Jellyfoosh

Thanks for fixing something and braking other... Now the steer will not auto-center (on xbox controller and keyboard too)...

EDIT: It is an option on the GAME tab, in the TUTORIAL section called Arcade drive mode

last edited by Alex925

@Alex925
agree...new steering should be adjusted to autocenter only with speed, and make step forward to old steering - in offroading and crawling at low speeds - no autocenter or very little.
it will please all gamers and meet realism and sim aspects.

last edited by Stazco

They can simply add an option in settings, those who don't want auto-center, just uncheck a box... Is that simple....

@Alex925 & @Stazco
At "Arcade Mode" - on, it centers. Standard is off, it will not center.

That's how it is at my settings.

last edited by Fratzegeballer

This update seems to have broken my map editor. Is there a better/proper way to report this?

Link to bug report.

Please let me know if more info needed or I submitted incorrectly.

last edited by ifthisthenthat

@Alex925 Well, that's what we did, but it's not final implementation

@Alex925 How difficult is to read (this is a work in progress, additional improvements are needed)

SMALL SUMMERY IF YOU DONT WANT TO READ IT ALL .....JUST CREATE A SLIDER THAT ADJUST STEERING RETURN SPEED IN THE GAMEPLAY MENU, SO PEOPLE CAN FINE TUNE IT THEMSELVES, YOU CANT PLEASE ALL THE TYPES OF PHYSICS AND STEERING MODELS, SO GIVE THE PLAYER THE CONTROL OVER WHAT THEY ARE COMFORTABLE WITH

there are 5 kinds of physics for a driving game (these are my opinions and how I feel)

type 1, i call Need For Speed Physics, they are the most arcade feeling, steering isnt realistic and auto centers fast, you dont get slowed down by too much by anything

type 2 i will call the Forza Horizon Physics, arcade like Need for Speed Physics, but has more adjustable in terms of being more simulation (i would put mudrunner right between type 2 and type 3)

type 3 i will call the Forza Motorsports Physics, leaning towards the simulation side, but can be adjusted to make it more arcade (this is where i would put Snowrunner, terrain is really detailed, trucks are great, but the physics and COOP desync still need some work and there needs to be a hardcore mode to make it more customizable)

type 4, Grand Turismo Physics, its really sim and trying to play it as an arcade game wont work in the slightest
(this is where i would put the OG spintires in terms of physics and difficulty)

Type 5, Project cars, its the most sim a game can get, everything is tune-able, from tire pressure to spring rebound

last edited by FearedFox18

That was quick. I'm impressed. Looks like all the new bugs have been fixed and a couple of others. Keep it up

@FearedFox18 said in PTS Patch Notes 26/06:

SMALL SUMMERY IF YOU DONT WANT TO READ IT ALL .....JUST CREATE A SLIDER THAT ADJUST STEERING RETURN SPEED IN THE GAMEPLAY MENU, SO PEOPLE CAN FINE TUNE IT THEMSELVES, YOU CANT PLEASE ALL THE TYPES OF PHYSICS AND STEERING MODELS, SO GIVE THE PLAYER THE CONTROL OVER WHAT THEY ARE COMFORTABLE WITH

there are 5 kinds of physics for a driving game (these are my opinions and how I feel)

type 1, i call Need For Speed Physics, they are the most arcade feeling, steering isnt realistic and auto centers fast, you dont get slowed down by too much by anything

type 2 i will call the Forza Horizon Physics, arcade like Need for Speed Physics, but has more adjustable in terms of being more simulation (i would put mudrunner right between type 2 and type 3)

type 3 i will call the Forza Motorsports Physics, leaning towards the simulation side, but can be adjusted to make it more arcade (this is where i would put Snowrunner, terrain is really detailed, trucks are great, but the physics and COOP desync still need some work and there needs to be a hardcore mode to make it more customizable)

type 4, Grand Turismo Physics, its really sim and trying to play it as an arcade game wont work in the slightest

Type 5, Project cars, its the most sim a game can get, everything is tune-able, from tire pressure to spring rebound

Agree with the steering back to center speed slider.

@Fratzegeballer said in PTS Patch Notes 26/06:

@Alex925 & @Stazco
At "Arcade Mode" - on, it centers. Standard is off, it will not center.

That's how it is at my settings.

Thank you so much, i didn't notice this, even though i've been looking on all new settings but somehow i've didn't saw it

Hey @Jellyfoosh,

thanks for fixing the anchor issue!

One thought on the crane controls:

I think it would be a considerable idea
to separate the crane rotation from
the crane extention on the gamepad.

Not only is it very un-obvious that one can
extend the crane at all using L on game-pad -
actually I just found out by chance. But what is more:
All too often I find myself extending the crane
when I only want to rotate it, because both functions
are linked to the L knob.

Why not move one function - for example the extention -
to LT & RT on the game pad, as these buttons are currently not used at all.

last edited by MuddyRunner

PS: Thanks for letting it rain more often 😉
At least I feel like there is more rain.

This update broke my Map editor. 4996e4e1-a702-4028-99d8-43e15381df8e-image.png . It also removed my custom map from my custom scenarios list.

Thank you guys! Really great job. 👍
Special thanks for ability to disable automatic centering. Now at least I can make a curve with my steering wheel that looks like a curve, not like square.
And big thanks for lights on the crane and colors on Kolob and Tuz.

The Ford f750 needs the motors fixed, there's literally zero difference between the motors and none of them have enough torque to pull the truck itself let alone with extras.

The ford also needs: low saddle, longer flatbed, longer tub tray as options.
More wheel choices.

The gaz66 needs: low saddle, the current tray needs to be the same width as the cab. Also needs to have a full length option.

With steering, since the initial release of the game I've been able to use my g29, and since then If I'm holding the steering in the one place long enough, it forgets is steering and straightens the wheels itself, if I move the wheel ever so slightly, it remembers where it's supposed to be steering.

Myself and my buddies play this game on my stream, I won't give links unless asked but the Devs really need to stop by and watch a few as we've discovered heaps of bugs, thought of great ideas for the game and honestly, do the best Snowrunner stream around..

Type 5, Project cars, its the most sim a game can get

You're going to get a very different opinion if you ask people who are actually into sim racing.

Anyway, they're not going to give us such adjustability. Nor do they really need to. The earlier games were fine. Just make it reasonably realistic to begin with, and then give us the hardcore option, which alters a few simple parameters. (that aren't really related to physics)

The last update to the test server broke the editor. Seems it's trying to read the media data from the wrong spot.

All Junk but the "Type 5"...
SnowRunner isn't a racing game... IT'S OFF-ROAD game...

Arcade:
For keyboard and gamepads, with auto-centering.
SImulation: For Steering Wheels.
NO Auto-Centering, with adjustable sensitivities(Steer, pedals, etc).
Force FeedBack.

last edited by Addict2SimsQc