Winch problem PTS 7.0

I have a problem with manual winching on PTS 6.1
When I press function and try to click winching point, it does not get clicked. If I re-open function menu, it may still be unclickable. In order to fix it I have to open pause game menu (Ecs) and close it. Then winching points become clickable again.
Same things happen if I try to activate winching point from steering wheel (Logitech G29). I open function menu, press attach winch, it shows me helpbottoms X to select wincing point and O to cancel. But winching points does not become selected (or highlighted for selection).
I assume it may be a part of bigger problem of steering wheel conflicting with keyboard and mouse.

PC Build: https://asset.msi.com/pdf/main/us/nb/GL72 6QF-697.pdf
Wheel/Pedals used: Logitech G29 + H-shifter (G HUB v2020.3.44132)

last edited by Tigron

The problem still exists in PTS 6.3. It is a very annoying bug. Please fix it. The video is attached.

Youtube Video

UP, the problem still exist in PTS 7.0
@esorokin @Jellyfoosh
Please fix it. It is a game breaking bug. I remember you promised that there were some fixes for this, but the problem is still there.

@Tigron Thanks for the report! Not necessarily related to this report, but it's worth mentioning: if you make a lot of alterations to your game files, it can potentially cause some issues that others won't experience.

@Jellyfoosh @esorokin
I suspect that the problem may be related to H-Shifter I am using with my Logitech G29. I have gears bounded to NUM keys, that then bounded to Logitech H-Shifter. When shifter is in gear it reads as key pressed. If I activate the function menu when my shifter is in gear most of the time this problem appears.
Most likely it would be resolved, when wheel binding and H-shifter binding will be done properly.

My GHUB and in game wheel settings https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/51704/logitech-g29-serious-ffb-issue-pst-7-0/8

last edited by Tigron

The problem is that you manually assigned Shifter to Num pad via Ghud and after that, you mapped wheels controls in the mouse/keyboard section (although wheel controls should only be modified in wheel section)

As a result, you receive consistent input spam from Numpad (because shifter always reports selected gear)

All should work if you create a proper custom preset in wheels settings menu instead of the current approach

@esorokin The problem with Custom steering wheel setup is that I have to map ALL controls manually. I cannot take existing setup and customize it the way I like, but I have to create full setup from scratch.
I have not tried in 7.1 yet, but I remember Custom wheel also had problem recognizing wheel axis.
As I mentioned, take as example any other racing games like Dirt Rally, Forza Horizon etc. They have wheel calibration wizard. Wheels bindings of pre-set setups are clearly demonstrated (not kept "Empty") and can be customized (not recreate full setup from scratch).
If this thing worked in Snowrunner properly from the beginning, this bug probably was never noticed.
The same related to manual gears and H-shifter support that also were requested many times.

@esorokin OK, so I tried custom wheel setup. Here are the problems I faced:

• From time to time G29 is not recognized properly. Though wheel works, H-shifter becomes unresponsive. To fix it I had to go to settings change wheel setup to something else, then switch back to custom.
  • Sometimes wheel steering range limit to 540 degrees was not recognized correctly. Instead of Snowrunner setup that I limited, it took default setup that has 900 degrees full range.
  • Some unmapped controls is still active. For example, I did not map paddle shifters to anything except UI functions, but I mapped two bottoms for AWD and Diff.lock. Strangely paddle shifters also work as AWD and Diff.lock, when they are not supposed to.
  • In order to unmap control in the setting in the game I had to use Del key. There is no tip about it and it is not documented anywhere. Why I have to guess?
  • Winch from time to time still get stuck, but I discovered the main reason. To reproduce the bug 100%:
  1. Press left mouse bottom so the camera will switch into mouse look mode.
  2. Press function menu, while still in mouse look mode.
  3. And you winching points are unresponsive.

Even if you disable mouse look by pressing LMB again, it still will stay unresponsive. You have to close function menu, make sure mouse look is off, and open function menu again.
During the game such complicated recovery procedure is very uncomfortable. Please fix. Mouse look should not make winch points unresponsive when function menu is called.

last edited by Tigron

@esorokin said in Winch problem PTS 7.0:

The problem is that you manually assigned Shifter to Num pad via Ghud and after that, you mapped wheels controls in the mouse/keyboard section (although wheel controls should only be modified in wheel section)
As a result, you receive consistent input spam from Numpad (because shifter always reports selected gear)
All should work if you create a proper custom preset in wheels settings menu instead of the current approach

You aren't serious? The issue that your INTERFACE gets confused is the fault of players using input devices? By the way, if the game controller would not have a remarkable dead zone, the issue would be also present with game controllers.

I dont have a shifter constantly reporting something. And I get the same misbehaviour with winch and even "the selection bar" or "multiple simultaneous selections" in the functions menu as my analog wheel or pedals report only ONE step of change.

Don't ask how often I had the function menus "selection bar" positioned at "attach/detach trailer" and I got "you really wanna recover to...." called. Sometimes I have bar 1 selected, see a second selection bar at another position and get a third called when I press enter.

If I select winch and klick with the mouse on a point, I get no selection. Because the wheel in the meantime reported a change of angle. Close menu, reopen, take care that the wheel isnt touched at all and I can get the right winchpoint called. Thats silly. And clearly a bug in coding and not a users fault.

By the way, the same with the functions menu bar. Any Input from the weel and the selection there is also messed up. I use keyboard and try to to touch the wheel at all.

last edited by JTT

@Tigron

In order to unmap control in the setting in the game I had to use Del key. There is no tip about it and it is not documented anywhere. Why I have to guess?

Thanks for the hint. I used a willful double assignment of e.g. "horn/light" to delete assignments. And thats by the way the reason why I use minimum functionality with the integrated wheel functions and substitute any "press" by keystrokes and scripts if possible. Works way better and is more simple to reassign.

last edited by JTT