PTS Patch Notes 30/06

The Azov 5319 and 73210 as well as the Kolob 74760 were doing so well after 6.1. The change was extremely good and could have been welcomed by everyone.
Please make it like patch 6.1, low floor trucks deserve to be driven. These vehicles deserve better. they are awesome with some good ground clearance

Those new steering options does not sound good.

I fear that the "gamepad steering" might refer to something different than the "classic steering" in Mudrunner.

I fear auto inputs(like 5.0 "arcade steering") will be still there, but only when I drive.

I am on PS4 and I want NO AUTOMATIC INPUTS on my steering, period. Only physics centering is fine (like in Mudrunner).

Can somebody clarify this ?

Have I good reason to be anxious about these new "options" ?

last edited by KSpartan

Mods now go here?:
C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\SnowRunnerBeta\Media\Mods
Instead of here:
C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\SnowRunnerBeta\base\Mods

last edited by FOXCRF450RIDER

Thank you very much for removing the function of disabling and enabling the wheel return! Now I will again have to manually edit the file of each car used! This is very convenient!(((

@KSpartan said in PTS Patch Notes 30/06:

I am on PS4 and I want NO AUTOMATIC INPUTS on my steering, period. Only physics centering is fine (like in Mudrunner).

Can somebody clarify this ?

Have I good reason to be anxious about these new "options" ?

That's exactly how the new "Gamepad" option works.

PC. when driving with a keyboard and holding W for the front and turning with A and D then the truck stops after a while you have to release W to continue driving
! tried to use a different keyboard with the same problem
logitech G510s Could use logitech steering wheel G25 in snowrunner 6.2 but not in 6.3 and the game freezes
it's not time to hire a programmer who fixes the game because you don't seem to be able to fix it !!

@KillzzMe
It happening when you drive on flat surfaces too or only when you climb slopes? Cause if it happend when you climb, may be an underpowered engine? The only time i had this pronlem was on climbing slopes, thats why im asking. And always with weak engines/trucks.

@Nona said in PTS Patch Notes 30/06:

flat surfaces

it happens all the time when I drive on flat surfaces with an automatic

@FOXCRF450RIDER said in PTS Patch Notes 30/06:

Mods now go here?:
C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\SnowRunnerBeta\Media\Mods

I don't have the Media folder, nothing changed here.

@CanuckRunner Well thanks you for the reply. I will now go ahead and trust you.
It is great news.

Btw, I see those mismatch colors on the Derry Longhorn are getting take care of, finally.
I hope it's gonna be the case for every vehicle concerned by these kind of issues.

@Taco29 It creates one after you hit create mod in the tools

I could not see my mod folders otherwise in mod manager

last edited by FOXCRF450RIDER

@esorokin said in PTS Patch Notes 30/06:

STEERING MODES: < Gamepad > / < Steering Wheel >

Keyboard behavior:

Wheels will not auto center until you’ll start driving.

Gamepad behavior:

"Gamepad" option: same as for keyboard - wheels will not auto center until you’ll start driving. This option will disable proper wheels steering, that's why we've added a separate option.

"Steering Wheel" controls - Wheels will auto-center (for those players that liked this type of controls). The steering wheel will behave as expected.

Then add an option to disable auto-centering... COMPLETELY and UTTERLY annoying, unrealistic...
When you steer a long turn, you don't want to have the wheel applying force against you...

It also put useless strain on the wheel's FFB motor, which heats up for nothing...

The wheel is a little better, but still not behave as expected:

• If we want to use the mouse in the "vehicule function" or the map we need to push down the brake pedal...

• We need adjustments for the pedals : Deadzones and sensitivity. The game ignores the wheel's software settings...

BTW: Could we also have the russian big crane fixed any time soon? I poste a topic detailing the issue, which is present since the release(why the hell is it not yet?)...

Best regards.

last edited by Addict2SimsQc

This would be my Priority-List:

1. bugs
  2. coop issues, local coop
  3. wheel support & recognition of noname devices
  4. performance
  5. (engine) fmod-sounds (DLC?)
  6. damage system
  7. ui / map improvements (clicking on tasksymbol [on map] selects task [in list])
  8. life
  9. further content
last edited by MuddyRunner

@Addict2SimsQc Caster angle makes the steering wheel return to center in real life. How is it unrealistic?

@FOXCRF450RIDER

If you ride a CRF 450 you've certainly driven a truck. And ofc you know that while a Vehicle's steering will return to center (while moving at speed, not when stopped). You know damn well it doesn't snap back to straight in an instant as it does currently in this game.

You're either being intentionally obtuse or you've not played the game yet since the snap to center steering.

last edited by WildTurkeyCO

@FOXCRF450RIDER

Maybe it's not unrealistic...
So What I mean is that it's a freaking game...
Yes it can give some force to re-center, BUT not that much(On paved roads sometimes it's reall heavy)...
Over time it gets tiring and pretty annoying...

I D K, but last evening I played a few hours in snow and mud, untill I got bored to always have so much re-centering force(despite setting it at 0% in my steering's SR profile) and when I put my hand over my steering's base, I felt it warm....
Which means the FFB motor obviously got warm-hot...

For reference, I'm an electronic technician, and I worked for a while on a project involving small electronic motors similar to the one in my steering(opened it for a clean up recently)...
When a motor gets hot, it wears faster...

I'n pretty sure it shouldn't be that hard to put in place an adjustment for the re-centering force...

last edited by Addict2SimsQc

@Addict2SimsQc said in PTS Patch Notes 30/06:

When a motor gets hot, it wears faster...

...when it's so hot that touching the housing burns you, than yes, it can certainly wears faster. However, electric motors are designed to run efficiently at specific thermal ranges.

last edited by CanuckRunner

@WildTurkeyCO idk the gamepad setting makes the steering seem realistic for me... using a xbox one controller. The wheels return to center but dont "snap"

@Addict2SimsQc ahh yeah I can see how that'd be annoying for sure