PTS Patch Notes 30/06

Hello Runners!

A new update for the PTS is live, check out the changes below:

• Added missing map models for Lake Kovd objects
  • Further steering mode improvements: Instead of arcade/simulator modes you can now can choose between gamepad/wheel. Controls on keyboard will stay as they were on release
  • Tuned beacons set up for Azov 4220
  • Improved damage collision box for Kolob 74760
  • Fixed Derry Longhorn 3194 paint scheme to work with bumpers
  • Fixed a bug in co-op where the truck's gearbox sometimes did not shift to second gear
last edited by Jellyfoosh

@Jellyfoosh what is the difference between "gamepad/wheel"? Gamepad will auto-center and wheel not?

Hurray for the steering same as on the release version for keyboard users! I hope the wheel and controllers users to have satisfaction also with this new implementations!

last edited by Nona
  • Improved damage collision box for Kolob 74760

In case anyone wonders what that means:
5.1 - LIVE
alt text
6.1 - PTS
alt text
6.3 - PTS
alt text

last edited by Amynue

@Amynue

Is there any 5.2 live version?

Ok. Fixed now. Its 5.1.

last edited by Nona

Can you please clarify what the steering options mean? I (like many others) would like non-auto centering steering on PS4 but I'm playing with a gamepad

That centering option naming makes zero sense! What do you even mean by that?

Is auto centering back on controllers now or what?

STEERING MODES: < Gamepad > / < Steering Wheel >

Keyboard behavior:

Wheels will not auto center until you’ll start driving.

Gamepad behavior:

"Gamepad" option: same as for keyboard - wheels will not auto center until you’ll start driving. This option will disable proper wheels steering, that's why we've added a separate option.

"Steering Wheel" controls - Wheels will auto-center (for those players that liked this type of controls). The steering wheel will behave as expected.

@Amynue

Ughhh, So the 74760 will go back to being completely useless.

Why oh why must you ruin the KOLOB 74760?

Does this also mean that the improvements to Avoz 5319 and 73210 terrain traversal will also be rolled back?

And I have to ask Why? Why must they go back? You know the 74760 was completely useless on anything other than a paved road prior to the latest console hotfix. It's supposed to be the better KOLOB but its widely agreed upon by players that despite it being a higher level unlock the 74760 is inferior to other KOLOB if only because it can't seems to handle more than 12" rise in terrain.

I just don't understand the priorities over there, why would you want to take the trucks back out of the usable bin just to trash them, without any input from players btw.

@esorokin said in PTS Patch Notes 30/06:

STEERING MODES: < Gamepad > / < Steering Wheel >

Keyboard behavior:

Wheels will not auto center until you’ll start driving.

Gamepad behavior:

"Gamepad" option: same as for keyboard - wheels will not auto center until you’ll start driving. This option will disable proper wheels steering, that's why we've added a separate option.

"Steering Wheel" controls - Wheels will auto-center (for those players that liked this type of controls). The steering wheel will behave as expected.

Calling the options gamepad and steering wheel is confusing at best as both are aimed at gamepads?
Why not just call the option "Autocentering steering" and have an on/off toggle?

Nobody will intuitively understand what you mean by gamepad/steering wheel.

But the most important thing is that it sounds as though I can finally start playing this game again when the update hits! Any idea of when this goes live on PS4?

Both settings are explained in the menu inside the game itself.

@Jellyfoosh

Wegde cap of Royal BM17 doesn't work v6.3

even after selling this truck it doesn't work

this bug is there since 4.1 ...

it was resolved by selling and buying the truck but not anymore

alt text

last edited by ReApEr2B

After two update on 30/06/2020 in Settings menu the Control options is inactive, but in the game you can only drive the vehicle using keyborad keys W / S / A / D
Please make Control options active and can change the steering of the vehicle from W / S / A / D keys to arrow keys using keyboard
I play using keyboard but driving vehicles using W/S/A/D keys is not good for me because I use keyboard arrow keys to drive vehicles

Can you guys please fix the steering angles on the 6900 twinsteer.

Please... 🙂

@WildTurkeyCO said in PTS Patch Notes 30/06:

Why oh why must you ruin the KOLOB 74760?

Does this also mean that the improvements to Avoz 5319 and 73210 terrain traversal will also be rolled back?

And I have to ask Why? Why must they go back? You know the 74760 was completely useless on anything other than a paved road prior to the latest console hotfix. It's supposed to be the better KOLOB but its widely agreed upon by players that despite it being a higher level unlock the 74760 is inferior to other KOLOB if only because it can't seems to handle more than 12" rise in terrain.

I just don't understand the priorities over there, why would you want to take the trucks back out of the usable bin just to trash them, without any input from players btw.

This... Azov 5319 and 73210 as well as the bigger Kolob were much better after 6.1. The change was extremely good and could have been welcomed by everyone.
Please make it like patch 6.1, low floor trucks deserve to be driven.

Thank you developers for fixing all these bugs and adding proper steering centering function! Though some things still needs to be improved. I will keep you posted.

@ReApEr2B Sell and buy the truck again. New snorkel will work.

SnowRunner Screenshot 2020.06.30 - 17.24.42.82.jpg
SnowRunner Screenshot 2020.06.30 - 17.24.38.45.jpg

last edited by Tigron

@esorokin will these options be on console's?