Map Release: San Dimas Canyon

@motohead74 Wasn't his. It was WrenchinMonkey's. And it was a '75.

last edited by MudHappy

@motohead74 sorry to break it to you but there's allot of modders pulling there mods off the workshop due to others stealing their work

I want to reply to say 2 things. First is, Play This Map! because it's epic and as far as I know this post is the only location for it. Second, put selfishness aside and try to understand what it must take to be a modder. Their work should absolutely be respected and appreciated. Also giving credit to the original modder for some rehashed mod isn't helping them any especially when the changes made are much worse than the original modder intended. This is just my 2 cents but I'm sure I speak for others. Play more, fight less Brothers! lol

@mudhappy WM has good mods too i have a bad memory sometime but that was a killer truck

@drgonzo1489 that sux man i wish that was not happening

hay guys i swear last night i was wanting to drive WM kick ass bronco and it was not in my game or work shop but just a min ago it showed back up i dont know if it was just a glitch or not but im real happy it is back :>

last edited by motohead74

@motohead74 yeah i have noticed this has happened to me a few times. for me restarting the game fixes it.

@motohead74 He took it down for about a day. I know for a fact it was no longer available through the workshop. I looked for it there(multiple times). It was gone. He put it back up last night though.

If you pull your mods you're letting the pirates win. If you refuse to release your mods you're letting the pirates win. Think if everyone did that. No more mods, no more games, no more movies, no more anything. For anyone. It doesn't solve anything. It just makes everything worse. For everyone.

last edited by MudHappy

@MudHappy
We're not letting the pirates win, as you put it...
Nothing to pirate means WE win, they can't rip mods that they can't access. Those of us who haven't been sh¡tting in the modders' Corn Flakes will still have access to their mods if they allow it, and if they don't allow it then do what some of us are doing and make your own. Stop acting like an entitled little clown already...

And yes, I enjoyed running San Dimas Canyon! We'll laid out with some interesting terrain and a few unexpected challenges as well!

last edited by Mexican_420

@mexican_420 I explained exactly what I meant by that. Apparently that flew right over your head. Or it went in one ear and out the other. "Think if everyone did that". You wouldn't have a game to mod. You wouldn't have anything you didn't 100% make yourself. If that's what you want to be a part of...go right ahead and be a part of it. You can go ahead and keep talking shit about me, calling me names, and accusing me of whatever you want too. Fact is I haven't done anything to anyone. So I'm not about to let any of that hurt my feelings. And I'm not going to argue with you people anymore about this either. Do whatever you want. Think whatever you want. But if you think I'm the only person who feels the way I do, or thinks the way I do...you're sorely mistaken. I speak for many.

@mudhappy said in Map Release: San Dimas Canyon:

If you pull your mods you're letting the pirates win. If you refuse to release your mods you're letting the pirates win. Think if everyone did that. No more mods, no more games, no more movies, no more anything. For anyone. It doesn't solve anything. It just makes everything worse. For everyone.

Pirates don't win or lose on the actions of Modders, generally speaking modding is pirate friendly simply because the mods work on pirated versions just as they do on official ones.

The people that lose out from conflicts around mods and authorship arethe players and the community. The game company if anyone is the one to gain from these scenarios. Less mods mean less variety and competition for DLC and future releases. Players will have to pay them to get their DLC (official mods) for the extra content.

Modding is hard, often frustrating work for long hours done for the love of the results that come from such hard work. I dont think its wrong for the modder to want to know what happens with his/her work.

@joridiculous that will not stop anyone from ripping mods and maps really and i seriously doubt they would take the time to remove any signs that it belongs to someone else either. in fact i know it does not do anything since i have seen it with happen with objects, maps and vehicles with many games i have played over the years.

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local
Yup. I've seen ripped mods "made by XYZ" with the original author "ABC" showing large as life right on the model itself because XYZ can't change it or simply doesn't care...

@joridiculous
Oh FFS not you too... I vote all the modders remove all their mods from the WS, then you disrespectful lot will be left with no choice but to make your own or go without, then we'll see who the bitches are...
You guys seem to misunderstand that we're SHARING our mods with you, not GIVING them to you... If you can't respect how much of our own time and effort we've put into them and show a little gratitude instead of behaving like you're entitled to the fruits of OUR labor, then as far as I'm personally concerned you don't DESERVE to have access to the mods we've made...

Think it's safe to lock this thread now as well since it's utterly irrelevant to the OP now...

last edited by Mexican_420