Sandstorm Server - How on earth do I run nighttime maps? Or even just lauch one as Admin in a game on that server?

I launch games using Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant, which hasn't been updated in sometime 😞

I see no option in it to enable night time maps, and more bizarrely, I see not way when on that server in the Admin console to launch nighttime mode maps?

How can I achieve this?

Thanks!

I'm being dim.

By creating my own command line as follows:-

D:\GameServer\SandStorm\Insurgency\Binaries\Win64\InsurgencyServer-Win64-Shipping.exe Farmhouse?ScenarioFarmhouse_Checkpoint_Security?lighting=Night?port=27038?queryport=27039?MaxPlayers=6?Pasword=XXXXXX -log -EnableCheats -NoEAC -MapCycle=Mapcycle - All Security

Note: "?lighting=Night"

I then have a server where going into the ADMIN options and changing the level will change to NIGHT for any and all maps. ie: I cannot then play the DAY version!

How can I simply get the server, so the ADMIN can change LEVEL to either DAY or NIGHT flavours?

last edited by NeilFawcett

Why can we not select DAY or NIGHT as part of changing the level in the admin panel?

alt text

@NeilFawcett said in Sandstorm Server - How on earth do I run nighttime maps? Or even just lauch one as Admin in a game on that server?:

How can I simply get the server, so the ADMIN can change LEVEL to either DAY or NIGHT flavours?

While on server (or via RCon client) > Dev console (tilde key) >

AdminTravelMap <Levelname>?Scenario=<Scenario_name>?Lighting=Day

Example (switches server to Outskirts Checkpoint Insurgents with Day lighting):

AdminTravelMap Compound?Scenario=Scenario_Outskirts_Checkpoint_Insurgents?Lighting=Day

@NeilFawcett said in Sandstorm Server - How on earth do I run nighttime maps? Or even just lauch one as Admin in a game on that server?:

Why can we not select DAY or NIGHT as part of changing the level in the admin panel?

That is a very good question, feel free to share your feedback to NWI directly:
https://support.newworldinteractive.com/support/tickets/new

The more folks share their feedback the better !

Right! Many thanks for that!

Seems you can just do the following!

AdminTravelMap ?Lighting=Day
or
AdminTravelMap ?Lighting=Night

Sometimes, you lose the ability to choose your class, so you need to leave the server and rejoin, but that's minor!

last edited by NeilFawcett

Hi guys
my squad runs its own Sandstorm server however we haven't been able to make mods work. I don't actually know how to do it - others do, but I thought I'd jump on here and ask if there's any specific instructions to enable mods on our server (specifically mod maps) so that I can pass it on to the admin. Note: we ONLY play COOP..absolutely love this mode but in extreme hardcore.

I see this change has now been introduced to the Server Admin screen. Thanks!