First Season Pass Update is live - Discover Lake Kovd!

SnowRunner_Season1_screenshot_logo_01.jpg

Hello SnowRunners!

Today, we celebrate the release of the first Season Pass update on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, bringing a new winter map, new vehicles, and more. Check out all paid and free content of Season 1: Search & Recover Trailer.

Youtube Video

Players with the Season Pass can now travel to Lake Kovd, the first map in the icy Russian Kola Peninsula Region, where players must complete new missions while contending with thin ice that could break at any moment. As two brand new vehicles, the TUZ 16 “Actaeon” and the iconic Ford 750 4x4 CrewCab, join the fleet, cosmetic customization also expands with two fresh skins.

A second map, interior customization, another vehicle, skins, and new missions will come over the summer. Content that is free for all in Phase 1 updates will include the addition of the new Beta-state modding tools on PC, allowing players to craft their own maps, Trials, interior customization, and new challenging missions. If your friends don’t have the Season Pass, you can invite up to 3 of them to enjoy it with you as you conquer the wilds.

SnowRunner_Season1_screenshot_logo_02.jpg

Thank you so much to everyone who helped by reporting issues to us both on the live branch and on the Public Test Server. We'll have more information on the next PTS soon. If you haven't done so already, join us on Discord to chat with other SnowRunners and get all the latest news!

SnowRunner is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC through the Epic Games Store. Season 1: Search & Recover is available as a standalone DLC or as part of the Season Pass. The Premium Edition of the game includes both the base game and Season Pass and can be purchased on the official store.

PATCH NOTES

General:

• [DLC] New map: Lake Kovd
  • [DLC] Players can obtain and use the Prototype Exploration Unit addon to explore this map
  • [DLC] Players can find new trucks on this map
    • TUZ 16 "Actaeon"
    • Ford 750 4x4
  • [DLC] New skin is available for the Tayga 6436
  • Added new main menu background and music theme

Gameplay:

• Number of fixes for achievements that some players did not receive when meeting their requirements
  • Added option to disable beacon lights via the functions menu
  • Fixed a bug when a player traveled by a gateway while using the winch connected to an empty truck, the empty truck was not usable anymore
  • Fixed a bug when upgrades were not discovered with watchtowers on the Rift map
  • Fixed the Kolob 74941 paint scheme
  • Fixed Derry Longhorn 3194 paint scheme to work with bumpers
  • Improved damage collision box for Kolob 74760
  • Fixed a bug when in co-op truck’s gearbox randomly did not shift to a second gear

UI:

• Updated cargo icons
  • Available cargo is now displayed in a map pop-up
  • Fixed missing fuel station icon on the Rift map
  • Supported option to hide crane controls UI
  • Added an option to choose steering type depending on primary input device: gamepad or steering wheel

PC:

• Added alpha version of the Game Editor that players can use to create new maps and vehicles
    • Players can upload maps to mod.io and use them in custom scenarios menu

Consoles:

• Improved texture loading speed on PS4 and Xbox One
  • Improvements for Logitech G29 and G920 steering wheels
last edited by Jellyfoosh

What about the tasks they are still not showing up on my map

Any info on other steering wheels on consoles
Like t80 and others

@ukgamer808 they're not supposed to now, Tasks tab only show active tasks.

@KiDdYoNe yeah i know but on the old maps there are still not showing up

I have the season pass and I don’t see the new map.

last edited by Trunker

I can confirm that the steering has been returned to the pre 5.0 functionality. It feels great! thanks!

my god it b roke my wheel again and now i cant get it working again!!!! this sucks

I bought season pass and downdoaded 1.08(ps4) but don't see new map

@hobark_gogooma said in First Season Pass Update is live - Discover Lake Kovd!:

I bought season pass and downdoaded 1.08(ps4) but don't see new map

Damn I hope they fix it. I was hoping to play the new map

@hobark_gogooma Please check your update settings on your console. What you downloaded is the free update, the DLC must be downloaded manually. 🙂

@Jellyfoosh said in First Season Pass Update is live - Discover Lake Kovd!:

@hobark_gogooma Please check your update settings on your console. What you downloaded is the free update, the DLC must be downloaded manually. 🙂

Ohhh snap. My bad man. I got it now.

Yes! So excited for this update. Been having some trouble with Epic Store not updating games but it seems my game is updating now

The sounds need to be re-mixed to what they were pre-patch 5.0. The suspension, creaks, groans, and frame stresses are almost inaudible until the truck sound level slider is reduced to about 60%.

last edited by secelit3

@secelit3 said in First Season Pass Update is live - Discover Lake Kovd!:

I can confirm that the steering has been returned to the pre 5.0 functionality. It feels great! thanks!

I just checked it too (PS4 Pro). Its awesome. Feels like Mudrunner. Great job and thanks to the devs. Keep up the great work and keep on improving. We really have something special here.👍

last edited by AJ75

As two brand new vehicles, the TUZ 16 “Actaeon” and the iconic Ford 750 4x4 CrewCab, join the fleet, cosmetic customization also expands with two fresh skins.

[DLC] New skin is available for the Tayga 6436

Well, what about the second skin?
Also, thanks for the hard work!

@Jellyfoosh , it seems that you posted this in the wrong subforum 🙂
Not in the one, where all changelogs and update announcements are stored.
At least it's not where I expected to find this one.

@hobark_gogooma have you downloaded the DLC from PS Store?

Hey @hobark_gogooma, yes this is normal. As the text above mentions, you can play the DLC even if you haven't bought it if you're playing co-op with someone who has it. 🙂