Moments in the Mud

@justinlynch3 said in Moments in the Mud:

How are ATV's not in yet?

I really like that idea actually, although it might make finding watchpoints a little too easy πŸ˜‰

I guess main reason you didn’t see them is that they don’t really fit in context with Siberian countryside and russian hardware, which is where the first iterations of this game were based until the release of American Wilds only recently.

To maintain that old school Russian feel, we would still need to have old IMZ/DNEPR Urals too πŸ™‚

last edited by zoglet

@zoglet said in Moments in the Mud:

@justinlynch3 said in Moments in the Mud:

How are ATV's not in yet?

I really like that idea actually, although it might make finding watchpoints a little too easy πŸ˜‰

I guess main reason you didn’t see them is that they don’t really fit in context with Siberian countryside and russian hardware, which is where the first iterations of this game were based until the release of American Wilds only recently.

To maintain that old school Russian feel, we would still need to have old IMZ/DNEPR Urals too πŸ™‚

Actually yea that's a good point. Well hopefully with more of a American feel going forward we can get some ATV's one day.

i say if atv's are to added to the game then maybe keep them relevant with the time period the game is set in.... πŸ˜‰ πŸ‘πŸ½

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

@zamal
Wow
Awesome pics and map!
Pic with lights close up is so great so i've saved it to my gallery)

@Sodoma said in Moments in the Mud:

Don't want to show off, but...😊 πŸ˜‡
0_1557592828646_20190511183632_1.jpg

Wow, you beat all my records! Respect!

alt text

@Stazco I've cheated: no big deal to spend so long on that map, you on Grizzly for almost 28hrs seems more impressive πŸ˜ƒ

@8up-local said in Moments in the Mud:

i say if atv's are to added to the game then maybe keep them relevant with the time period the game is set in.... πŸ˜‰ πŸ‘πŸ½

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

I'd love to have a trike to run around on (technically they are called ATC, All Terrain Cycle, as most of them except Honda's 250CC Big Red models was chain drive like a dirtbike). But don't forget, quads (ATV, All Terrain Vehicles) also existed in that time period.

Examples

1986 Honda Fourtracks 350 4X4
alt text

Or

1990 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4X4
alt text

Yamaha does have older Big Bear bikes, but I feel like in terms of bikes that their 1990 is one of their most iconic models. So I went with that one.

Do you guys really would enjoy driving those things in mr?

@zamal said in Moments in the Mud:

Do you guys really would enjoy driving those things in mr?

Why not. We already have one map (Rocky Hills) where we need to use pickup trucks to haul wood, and ATV's are way more more capably off-road then a pickup truck and are commonly used for wood hauling (firewood) in their own right.

So hell yea, I'd love these things in Mudrunner.

I'd even argue that quads are more deserving to be in Mudrunner then 2WD road trucks like the Bison and such. Mudrunner is a off-road game, and these are some of THE off-road utility vehicles to have.

@justinlynch3 idk just dont see myself enjoying driving those quadrocycles, but u never know until u try it i guess

@zamal said in Moments in the Mud:

@justinlynch3 idk just dont see myself enjoying driving those quadrocycles, but u never know until u try it i guess

They are everywhere up here in Canada and around the US. I dunno how much places like Russia use them, but they are hella fun to ride around on.

While it's true ATV's aren't used in big time logging operations, like I said Mudrunner has started to expend outside just heavy duty hauling with Rocky Hills where we have little pickup truck trailers. So it's not like anybody can argue anymore that Mudrunning is only meant for heavy duty.

But, even if Mudrunner didn't use them for hauling at all, they'd still make amazing scout vehicles. Unlike a F-150, these quads are actually build for mud and off-roading. And imagine searching out waypoints, these little things can zip around in between tree's and take shortcuts like forests no sweat.

There biggest weakness would likely be water. While you can float a ATV in still water and keep the engine going as long as you keep the throttle in, a lot of the Mudrunner maps like The Crossing has water with fast moving currents. ATV's aren't meant to deal with that.

So I think that's a pretty good balance. They can zip though woods with ease, they kinda float over by all rights, but they struggle on water crossings.

@justinlynch3
I see your point.
I also don't know, how much are these things in use on the east, but I doubt about it because price/performance ratio and don't forget about weather conditions in there - open cockpit... πŸ˜• ...I am not conviced. Also as far as I've seen pics on the internet, people in there rather build their own vehicles based on Lada or such πŸ˜ƒ
In terms of Mudrunner - I don't think they fit. Current game still have some struggles with small vehicles in terms of physic (it was improved a lot, but still) and the biggest point of them all: Mudrunner is not about "zipping through" πŸ˜ƒ
Also, lets keep this topic for pictures and screenshots, we can discuss this elsewhere...

20190508083501_1.jpg

![alt text](downloadfile-13.jpg image url)downloadfile-18.jpg downloadfile-12.jpg downloadfile-10.jpg
Got a little outta hand pulling the fifth wheel trailer. Had to get a wrecker....

![alt text](downloadfile-85.jpg image url)downloadfile-68.jpg downloadfile-59.jpg

The Log-Train. Two objectives in one run πŸ˜ƒ

20190703224956_1.jpg

@Sodoma said in Moments in the Mud:

@justinlynch3
I see your point.
I also don't know, how much are these things in use on the east, but I doubt about it because price/performance ratio and don't forget about weather conditions in there - open cockpit... πŸ˜• ...I am not conviced. Also as far as I've seen pics on the internet, people in there rather build their own vehicles based on Lada or such πŸ˜ƒ
In terms of Mudrunner - I don't think they fit. Current game still have some struggles with small vehicles in terms of physic (it was improved a lot, but still) and the biggest point of them all: Mudrunner is not about "zipping through" πŸ˜ƒ
Also, lets keep this topic for pictures and screenshots, we can discuss this elsewhere...

20190508083501_1.jpg

For reference here is a common occurrence in Newfoundland Canada. Now the guys I know tend to cut 8 foot length wise instead of 4 foot cross wise, but still idea is the same. I've seen loads like this hauled over much rougher trails as well. Usually 2, maybe 3 of these loads can fill a Pickup trailer meant for 1 quart. So seeing a Pickup Truck trailer is worth 2 points in Mudrunner, giving a ATV a trailer like this and giving it 1 load point I think is fair.

Youtube Video

But yea I agree that small vehicle physics need work.

downloadfile-54.jpg ))downloadfile-53.jpg downloadfile-56.jpg downloadfile-60.jpg downloadfile-61.jpg
While we're on the topic of atv's....

@BRazz989 I hope that you had a good time, but definitely not my cup of tea πŸ™‚

@Sodoma eh, novelty item lol. You guys just had me interested so I had to find a few. It was fun for minute though. I was using one for a while on Sasquatch Mountain trying to find that illusive Squatch that's been terrorizing the town's folk around there.

On one map, I've found this. Of course it was broken and unable to MOVE an inch!
20190713140528_1.jpg
Later it got a bit more usefull
20190716211149_1.jpg
Still better than this
20190717212821_1.jpg
Crossing a trench...uh, I mean broken bridge...
20190721143944_1.jpg 20190721143958_1.jpg 20190721144016_1.jpg 20190721144029_1.jpg

Maybe all of you already know about this, but this is quite a cool way of drowning yourself πŸ™‚
20190803094533_1.jpg