Moments in the Mud

@unster said in Moments in the Mud:

@justinlynch3
Or if you want to take a "shortcut" you could load 4 long logs in that C-255 (unpacked), and basically have a 12-point load with some unloading. That's less useful on the official maps with just 2 lumber mills, but this technique comes in handy on mod levels that usually have 6 or 7 lumber mills.

I heard of that trick and isn't interested. Where's the fun in hauling a unpacked load?

@justinlynch3
It's still fun as long as you don't overdo it. I use that technique a lot but I still spend considerable time hauling packed loads. I usually haul unpacked logs to a makeshift distribution point, like a fork in the road that leads to 2 different lumber mills, partly unload there, then drive packed from there on.

Maybe I am biased, but this way of "american offroading" somehow isn't my cup of tea...
On the other hand, do you use some kind of graphic MOD? I like colors of your pictures...

@sodoma said in Moments in the Mud:

Maybe I am biased, but this way of "american offroading" somehow isn't my cup of tea...
On the other hand, do you use some kind of graphic MOD? I like colors of your pictures...

It's not necessarily "American off roading" so much as my escape into a fantasy world where I can beat on shiny high horsepower machines with total disregard for my own safety, the environment or the machine. I just get a kick out of making shiny stuff dirty lol. And yes, I have a no loss graphics mod that eliminates some of the grey fog and brightens things up without sacrificing frame rate, pretty cool actually.

0_1549699493196_downloadfile-147.jpg 0_1549699501562_downloadfile-175.jpg 0_1549699511132_downloadfile-70.jpg
Can get a little hard to see lol0_1549699533613_downloadfile-251.jpg
Such detail right down to nuts and bolts. Loving this truck!

last edited by BRazz989

@BRazz989 Definitely "too new and shiny" for me...

@sodoma said in Moments in the Mud:

@BRazz989 Definitely "too new and shiny" for me...

I'm the opposite, the newer and shinier the more I wanna get them muddy! And the Peterbuilt is really old, jyst really nice, he's from 1979!

last edited by BRazz989

@brazz989 said in Moments in the Mud:

0_1549960160507_downloadfile-143.jpg 0_1549960152203_downloadfile-88.jpg 0_1549960173006_downloadfile-130.jpg 0_1549960188546_downloadfile-79.jpg 0_1549960213719_downloadfile-111.jpg

That first truck with the white top looks bad, looks low quality and kinda blurry if you can understand what I'm getting at. The paint line where the white switches to black also isn't remotely clean at all. I'd call that a bad quality mod.

The other trucks look good though.

@justinlynch3 Yeah, it's like someone took a paint brush and added the white color by hand. I'm all for old, even rusty vehicles as far as MR goes, but bad paint jobs is not my thing.

I also don't like the game's dashboard panel. Whenever I have a mod that has a nice dashboard I make sure to remove that ugly panel, even if the gauges are non-functional.

@justinlynch3 Yeah, it's like someone took a paint brush and added the white color by hand. I'm all for old, even rusty vehicles as far as MR goes, but bad paint jobs is not my thing.

I also don't like the game's dashboard panel. Whenever I have a mod that has a nice dashboard I make sure to remove that ugly panel, even if the gauges are non-functional.

It's not white, that Pete is silver and, jyst the angle and lighting that makes it look off plus it's dirty, moving in game it's a gorgeous truck, especially with the sleeper cab on.

last edited by BRazz989

It's all wheel drive and someone actual took the time to model a drive axle for the front, not just a beam axle that magically drives the wheels, all the shafts turn, air bag suspension, good animations. I wouldn't call this a low quality mod at all. Has custom trailers with custom loads....

last edited by BRazz989

Not sure how to remove the controls panel but I agree it kills a nicely detailed interior, plus I NEVER look at that panel anyway.

last edited by BRazz989

0_1550035053454_downloadfile-151.jpg

That picture does look a lot better.

It's strange though, the paint line still looks iffy going across the hood, but along the rest of the truck it looks perfectly clear, think it's a oversight on the creators part?

@justinlynch3 said in Moments in the Mud:

0_1550035053454_downloadfile-151.jpg

That picture does look a lot better.

It's strange though, the paint line still looks iffy going across the hood, but along the rest of the truck it looks perfectly clear, think it's a oversight on the creators part?

Probably, everything else is dead sexy on it. Maybe screen shots just don't do it justice.

🤔 bit of nit-picking imo, but to each their own. i know i can be quite picky with my own pics, more than others are anyway. i mean if a person was to get real picky over things, someone would probably first point out the trees in the background before anything. draw distance is so low in this game it is almost a crime in my book. lol

getting what i call "desk top quality" with screenies can be tricky with this game sometimes. all we can do is work with what we got and try to get the best pics of course. 😉

last edited by A Former User