an effort to encourage more teamwork

Youtube Video

one of the lines in this video by Strider Gaming is giving me an idea that
kill/death ratio should be hidden for the entirety of the round, and should only be displayed when the round ends

a reason for this is that in the original, a number of people would try to be lonewolves and just sprint around the map trying to kill as many people as they can (not actually helping the team) just to feel good about themselves after seeing the kills when they're dead

a removal of kill/death scoreboard when the round is being played would put even more emphasis of teamwork, instead of solely kills and such (a number of players just run around to get kills and not helping the team).

I hope the devs will consider adding this suggestion as a native feature in the next Insurgency 🙂

last edited by Alilolo

Honestly speaking, I would't mind if we only have the kills and score objection. Not have the death number in the scoreboard. This is kinda how theDGL.com run their own competitive theater if you ask me.

that would put alot more emphasis of ''lonewolving''

my idea is that when the round is being played, if you press tab you can only see ''objectives captured'' and your squadmate's arrangement, instead of the usual scoreboard which revolves around personal stats (not ideal for a supposed ''realistic'' game). and you can only see personal stats by pressing tab at the end of the round.

Well, the custom playlist I play at theDGL.com has already build own their own configuration. The config they actually used is that ever time the rounds starts. You would not be able to see the K:D score, the scoreboard and the number of objective completed until the very end of the round. I understand that you don't want to have a Scoreboard UI that allows player to see other player own statistic.

@ldclaudius said in an effort to encourage more teamwork:

Well, the custom playlist I play at theDGL.com has already build own their own configuration. The config they actually used is that ever time the rounds starts. You would not be able to see the K:D score, the scoreboard and the number of objective completed until the very end of the round. I understand that you don't want to have a Scoreboard UI that allows player to see other player own statistic.

Oh, sorry. I though you were implying something else 🙂

last edited by Alilolo

@LDClaudius what config are you talking about? and for what game? (and that wouldnt be a config)

The DGL's current server settings for the current season do show Kills and deaths (unless something has happened in the last couple days to change that).

@muzzle The kill and death score will not appear until the very end of the round. The server setting config I was talking about is the old Source Insurgency we used :

http://thedgl.org/images/GameServerConfig/server.cfg

I would be happy if the only thing on the scoreboard was the name, objectives, score, and ping. All the stats can be given at the end of the round or viewed in the replay.

@kraeyq said in an effort to encourage more teamwork:

I would be happy if the only thing on the scoreboard was the name, objectives, score, and ping. All the stats can be given at the end of the round or viewed in the replay.

i would disagree on the score part, anyone could track their score going up to count a kill..

@alilolo That's why they made a slight change to the scoreboard. You won't be able to see your score to confirm a kill until ur either dead or the round ends.

last edited by LDClaudius

@ldclaudius if you can still see it when you're dead (and the round not end), that's also a way to count a kill

I know that killing the enemy helps with scoring objectives, but I had been thinking lately that killing the enemy should be worth nothing and only objectives should count since thats the real meat of this game. IDK how well that would do as a server config but something I think about when playing.

@thenickgann said in an effort to encourage more teamwork:

I know that killing the enemy helps with scoring objectives, but I had been thinking lately that killing the enemy should be worth nothing and only objectives should count since thats the real meat of this game. IDK how well that would do as a server config but something I think about when playing.

i think i'd go neutral on that, we should later see how the devs take on this..