PTS Update 28/07/2020

Man, this forum is AIDS. How do you not feel sorry for these developers? They are doing everything they can to try to resolve the issues with this game (which is excellent by the way), against the odds, given the unforeseen challenges the world and businesses are facing. They are releasing timely bug fixes and new DLC. The feedback on patch 7.0 is good so far, with very few reports of problems...

Yet, somehow it is still not good enough. I mean, I'd be re-thinking my career as a game developer right now... geez

last edited by secelit3

@secelit3 said in PTS Update 28/07/2020:

Man, this forum is AIDS.

It's gaming in 2020 for you. Many of today's gamers are not aware that games always had bugs, but until the middle of PS3/X360 life cycle no one has ever bothered to update the most of them. We were literally stuck with broken stuff and enjoyed it anyway. I salute to the patience of the modern day devs, I really prefer to think that the silent majority are still being grateful for all this entertainment.

Tried Coop with same router achter update. IT still doesn,t work.
Yesterday tried IT after update 7.2. we tried Busy for 2 hours. Checking ports, connections and so on. Borging worked. Please test the patchnotes before releasing them.
There is alsof a bug when you are in Coop and want to refeul. The sound for refeul is there bit the counter doesn,t change.

last edited by Hillco68

@secelit3 said in PTS Update 28/07/2020:

The feedback on patch 7.0 is good so far, with very few reports of problems...

What?! Are you serious? When last time did you get to look into PTS bug report thread? The garage is totally broken. When people sell something the game get stuck so only Alt+F4 can help. This things you call a good update?!

@Crazybasil said in PTS Update 28/07/2020:

Many of today's gamers are not aware that games always had bugs, but until the middle of PS3/X360 life cycle no one has ever bothered to update the most of them. We were literally stuck with broken stuff and enjoyed it anyway.

The point with old games was, that when you release it on hard media (like CD or DVD) you have to produce a good quality product. You cannot just release it and expect it to be fixed some day, maybe. Otherwise your project will fail. And it created some discipline both for developers and publisher to produce a quality product.
In modern world, when you provide games as a service that even cannot work off-line (though on-line is not even necessary for gameplay) some DEVs can release whatever 💩 they want and still find some idiots that will buy it and protect them on such forums.

The DEVs need neither your protection nor appreciation. They need only your money. And they use whatever means possible to get it. Our goal, as a customers, to make the DEVs provide us really quality product that will pay off each penny they dragged out of our pockets.
I am really doing my best (by providing tons of bug reports) to make the project better. And I am doing it after I paid my own money. When in fact I should just seat and enjoy my game without tons of bugs.
And don't tell me here about pandemic. I am working in IT remotely from home. This industry has minimal impact on switching into remote labor model (comparing to actual production of physical goods or tourism that really suffered a lot). I have never worked this much effectively in the office than I work now from home.
So there is no real excuse for providing such poor quality product. It is the greediness of some project managers that decided to catch the last months of spring quarantine and rushed a very unfinished product into market.
The problem now is that no key game mechanics can be reworked. Game engine and key mechanics are never touched after release not to break the whole thing. And unfortunately for our game this things need much improvement, that we unlikely to see until next game title. Like this Snowrunner, that could became a very noticeable game, was killed and only can become a forever broken masterpiece.

last edited by Tigron

@Tigron Preach brother Preach!!!!! I like your style say it how it is. Like i said in a previous post.... least amount of effort for the maximum gain. We as consumers should not stand for this kind of product/tactics

@Tigron said in > > The feedback on patch 7.0 is good so far, with very few reports of problems...

What?! Are you serious? When last time did you get to look into PTS bug report thread? The garage is totally broken. When people sell something the game get stuck so only Alt+F4 can help. This things you call a good update?!

I've only found this issue this morning. Two reboots so far an am on the forum looking for more insite ~ thanks, 🙂

@Tigron said in PTS Update 28/07/2020:

The DEVs need neither your protection nor appreciation. They need only your money. And they use whatever means possible to get it. Our goal, as a customers, to make the DEVs provide us really quality product that will pay off each penny they dragged out of our pockets.

You confuse developers with publisher, bro.

@gbeeTen Try disabling all mods, the problem should go away

@witt44 said in PTS Update 28/07/2020:

@gbeeTen Try disabling all mods, the problem should go away

Admirable advice: Sorry no mods are installed.
In Fact I, and I mean I, cannot and never could install mods on the PTS.

Now, mods, may still be at the root cause I've previously said all mods should be banned. I suspect that they do not go away, whilst not being active. Also