Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions
Community Manager

Hi there,

We've noticed that a lot of you are asking similar questions, and so that we answer all of them in one easy way, we decided to put together a post answering them all! Please find the most commonly asked questions below, but if you have any that aren't covered here, please let us know. We will continue to update this post as we see more questions being asked.

Thanks!

The Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 team.

0_1519221700888_BATTLE_MAX_01_Screen_Version_MIX_V3_light_logo.jpg

What is the release date for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2?

• We expect Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 to release in 2018.

What platforms will Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 be on?

• Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 will be released on PC.

When will the story of Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 take place?

• The story will take place during the Gathering Storm era.

Is there an official Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 Discord Channel?

What engine is Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 using?

• Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 will use Unreal 4.

Who is doing the soundtrack?

• Returning from the first game, Doyle W. Donehoo will be doing the soundtrack once again.

Will it require an online connection?

• No, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 will not require an online connection to play, but you will need one for multiplayer.

Will it be possible to mod Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2?

• No, we don't currently plan for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 to be moddable.

Wiil Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 have microtransactions?

• There are no plans to implement microtransactions in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2.

Will Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 have controller support?

• No, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 will be keyboard and mouse only.

What are the recommended specifications?

• These will be announced closer to the release of the game.

Will there be Linux support?

• We don't plan on having Linux support at release, no.

Will there be Mac support?

• We don't plan on having Mac support at release, no.

What factions will be playable when Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 releases?

• All twelve announced factions will be playable when Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 releases. In no particular order, these are: the Imperial Navy, Space Marines, Adeptus Mechanicus, Necrons, Chaos, Aeldari Corsairs, Aeldari Craftworld, Drukhari, the T’au Merchant and Protector Fleets, Orks, and finally, the Tyranids.

Which factions will we see within the campaigns as enemies and as playable races?

• We currently plan for the Imperial Navy, the Necrons and the Tyrannids to have a playable campaign at launch.

How large will the controllable ships be?

• Very large ships, such as the Adeptus Astartes' Phalanx will be playable.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, let us know in the comments below, and we'll do our best to

last edited by Iyagovos

Thanks for the FAQ! A few follow up questions.

Will the game launch with replay functionality in multiplayer / skirmish? If not will it be added later post-release?

Can you comment on the multiplayer format? What game modes will be available, will admirals be able to choose the composition of their fleet before battle? How will any progression function?

Are any core gameplay mechanics being changed or new ones added? (Besides the new crew health meter.)

Will maps still be randomly generated or are specific maps for multiplayer and skirmish being made?

Are there multiple endings to the campaign?

Thanks!

Community Manager

@Botbot Thanks for all these questions! It's a bit early to answer all of those, but we'll unveil more info closer to release, this FAQ only answers to the most frequent questions.

@netheos I thought so, but thought I'd try just incase!

If there is ever an opportunity to interview the team or do some coverage of tests / pre-release stuff I run a youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0he40IMeJsdWVzovQgRx6Q) and would love the opportunity.

Cheers

Can we get proper customization in skirmish mode and able to choose any ships we like upto the max UI space with unlimited points if we want?

have been asking for that since the first.

Emperor speed.

quick question, any planes to scrap the convoy missions?

Aw man, this list is like a love-letter to the fans.

My own questions:

How big are the fleet sizes in the sequel?
Will there still be a "skirmish campaign" where we unlock better ships?
Is customization being altered in any way, or will we still have the same method of upgrading ships?

will there be more environmental effects
moving asteroid fields or something or a map spanning asteroid field as if the battle was divided by the asteroid belt of the system

will there be risks added to killing ships while they are warping out
any unstable warpgates left behind fucking with reality or something

how will husks work
will empty ships behave like debris does now
will ramming a husk do damage, will shots being blocked by hiding behind damage it
will you be able to use them to block shots since you shoot through your own ships now and its still technically your ship so an enemy hiding behind a husk... ???
will we still be able to shoot through our own ships (probably but you never know)
edit: what happens if you push a husk upwards, like imperial front armor often does with debris chunks, how will the ship once reboarded get on the right level again

just generally more info about the new boarding mechanic would be nice
in the interview its mentioned that the old system was too confusing for a lot of people so you wanted something clearer but currently what is show about boarding is causing either confusion or panic in the people that did understand the old boarding
tho very little is show
its a big change from the first so any info would be apreciated

interceptor behavior
will decoy torps work again? interceptors are left bugged in the first game
did you get them to behave in the new ?
i miss things like decoy torps

will detection work similar to the first game

how big will the maps be compared to the first

what is the total amount of planets/systems in the campaign map
is it the same map for each faction but different stories or a different map for each

last edited by Ashardalon

How many total max players in a multiplayer battle for BFG 2? It's very important and this was the biggest let down of the first game. 2v2 was simply too few players when every other RTS game has like 4v4 standard.

You need to make it mac supported. Please make it mac supported.

@sylr said in Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions:

You need to make it mac supported. Please make it mac supported.

I'm not quite sure they "need to". The game might survive if all seven mac gamers don't buy it. 😛

@romeo My best friend has a mac and has to come over my house and use my desktop to play games which is hilarious. He can't even play DoW on it and that game is approaching twenty years old.

@nemesor-xanxas said in Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions:

@romeo My best friend has a mac and has to come over my house and use my desktop to play games which is hilarious. He can't even play DoW on it and that game is approaching twenty years old.

Yeah, I had a buddy who asked me how to get in to gaming with his mac, so I told him: Sell the mac, buy a PC with better specs and use the leftover cash to pick up some games.

@romeo What is this thing "Mac" you speak of?

@solaire said in Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions:

@romeo What is this thing "Mac" you speak of?

It's like a PC, but there's very few games on it, and it costs more money in spite of that.

@romeo Ah those, i didn't know what you were talking about because i call them garbage.

Yeah. It is just the same "snob" factor as with the i-crap. Its flashy and trendy, but it is at best the same as the competitors and costs thrice as much for a bitten fruit logo.

Lol poor smucks.

I didn't realize this was a Mac hating thread. I thought it was for Q&A for the game.

last edited by Sylr

@sylr said in Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions:

I didn't realize this was a Mac hating thread. I thought it was for Q&A for the game.

Aw, come on, don't be like that.

*Puts on super serious hat *

In all seriousness, no, almost certainly the game won't be on Mac. Why? Because it's running the same engine as the last Battlefleet Gothic, which also wasn't made to work on Mac.

If you absolutely must run a Mac for some reason, you could see if Bootcamping Windows will leave you with enough "oomph" left to run the game.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.