Leading Up To Release

It would be very cool if Tindalos leading up to release used a strategy similar to how Hearthstone reveals cards for new expansions. Instead of cards, they could reveal Ships. Screenshots of the ship/ships, and of coarse release stats. It would give us something to chew on and get hyped about while we wait.

I believe it would be good to give some ships to people like Chapter Master Valrak to reveal. Can't really think of any other 40k streamers or you-tubers. Ya get the general idea.

kirioth and arch-warhammer are other youtubers
still waiting on valraks interview

any communication would be nice

@ashardalon said in Leading Up To Release:

kirioth and arch-warhammer are other youtubers
still waiting on valraks interview

any communication would be nice

Kiroth is cool. Arch warhammer?? listening to him is impossible for me. LoL.

hes not the best, still better then onemindsyndicate who i tend to want to strangle halfway trough a video

While I don't see anything wrong with the base concept, I do have a problem with the concept of "give X to Y youtuber to reveal!" I find the idea absolutely repulsive in fact.

EDIT

Though the base concept has nothing wrong with it, I also question the idea of giving people stuff to "be hyped about". Overhyping things in my experience is by far the number one source of dissatisfaction in people when it comes to games these days. (It is why, with a few exceptions, I avoid trailers, articles etc about games i'm interested in. BFG is of course one of those exceptions :P)

last edited by Kadaeux

@kadaeux said in Leading Up To Release:

While I don't see anything wrong with the base concept, I do have a problem with the concept of "give X to Y youtuber to reveal!" I find the idea absolutely repulsive in fact.

EDIT

Though the base concept has nothing wrong with it, I also question the idea of giving people stuff to "be hyped about". Overhyping things in my experience is by far the number one source of dissatisfaction in people when it comes to games these days. (It is why, with a few exceptions, I avoid trailers, articles etc about games i'm interested in. BFG is of course one of those exceptions :P)

By using YouTubers they can keep the cost low whilst exposing the content to the audience they want with ease.

@bosie said in Leading Up To Release:

By using YouTubers they can keep the cost low whilst exposing the content to the audience they want with ease.

By not using youtubers nobody has to suffer through inane content. By using their own youtube as can see the content they want us to see, earn revenue from views and nobody has to put up with those youtubers.

@kadaeux said in Leading Up To Release:

@bosie said in Leading Up To Release:

By not using youtubers nobody has to suffer through inane content. By using their own youtube as can see the content they want us to see, earn revenue from views and nobody has to put up with those youtubers.

I both agree and disagree with you here. On the one hand, for trailer reveals and whatnot, yeah, I want that on their main page. That said, it is on their main page as a reveal, they didn't give that to some random Youtuber.

On the other hand, what Valrak is putting up is an interview he conducted (In addition to the analysis he already conducted). That's clearly his content. If IGN interviews Joe-Schmoe Developer, it's obviously going to go up on their own page. If they analyse "AAA Shooter #45845 Reveal Trailer", again, that's going up on their own page. That exact same logic applies to smaller YouTubers here.

@kadaeux You wouldn't have to watch. You wouldn't have to listen. I hope you get help with that problem you have. Have a nice day Kadaeux, hope to see ya in game.

Preferably they could start with any changes they might have made to existing ships from the 1st BFG armada. Then build from there into ships they added to existing fleets. Finally revealing ships from the new fleets. Of coarse they wouldn't be limited to 1 ship at a time. 😉

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.